Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

This has been debunked by a few different outlets. No actual numbers have been shared. Saints Row released on every current and last gen console as well as PC, and the expected digital vs physical split for a first party PS5 title is roughly 80/20.

Basically the data source is as useless as the Polygon Mario Kart pie chart.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I only played a hour or so of a game this evening after having a break for a week as I was minding a dog. Such a pain bringing her for a walk. And no dog likes me playing games for some reason. Well I know why I can get quite vocal at difficult parts of games and the dogs don't like that.

I really have to get stuck into Deathloop to figure out how it works as I'm still learning and then that week break away from it made me forget some of what I learned from playing up till now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thought I'd give Overwatch 2 a look out of curiosity. Played for about 2 years after launch, gave it up a long time ago.

Got a shedload of cosmetic items from my time playing and they are all gone and I'm locked out of most of the characters. Characters I played in the original game. What a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It may be an account problem. If its recognising you as a new account (they had a system to merge accounts across all platforms in advance of OW2) then that's probably the reason. Even for locking you out of characters, they've implemented a system where new players have to play games as some heroes before getting access to more in order to teach new players how each character plays and what their abilities are (as the first game launched with 20 characters but now there are about 35, which may be overwhelming for new players).

Your Battle(dot)net account may not be necessarily linked to your PSN/XBL account which may be causing the issue, especially if you haven't played in a few years. I only got my account linked because I played the OW2 beta in July and then went back to OW1 in recent months. But I think I did see a tweet from them earlier where they acknowledge there is currently an issue with account syncing.

I didn't get trying it this evening as kept getting connection error trying to get access.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Battlenet says my account is linked.

But looking at the forums it seems to be a widespread issue.

• Advertisement

I installed Deathloop when it went up on PS Plus and just couldn't get into it at first, felt a bit overwhelmed as it throws a lot of tutorial text at you. Eventually it just clicked though. Just follow the tutorial up until you get the infuse ability, getting that ability is where the game starts. After that you want to go for certain slab power ups which you can get from the visionaries. If you have gotten that far you should be well into how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Ye I definitely found once you do the first day and get the ability to infuse gear etc the game really kicks off.

Yea, that is the actual end of the tutorial but the game does not make that clear IMO.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Took a while longer to click for me. Once I got the shift and nexus powers the game got a lot more fun. Shift should be highest priority. Found them both to be the most essential powers. Even after that I wasn't totally sold on the game.

The way to go is Infusion->Shift->Nexus->HALPS laser beam gun (although you can actually get this at the exact same time/place as infusion). After this just infuse some good personal trinkets and that sets you up for the rest of the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Never even got that laser gun, looks like a new addition?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Absolutely hooked on Xenoblade Chronicles 3 at the moment. Like Monster Hunter, it was a case of third time's a charm - had bounced off XC and XCX, but stuck with this as some friends were playing too and now I'm totally into it.

It has its problems - an overabundance of systems and Proper Nouns foremost among them. But I'm having lots of fun exploring the world (even if a little more bespoke content wouldn't hurt over the same old collectibles - thankfully there is still cool, surprising stuff to find). And really enjoying the combat system now that I've settled into a groove with it. I'm not sure the tactics change too much from fight to fight, but the flow and feel of the fighting is real good. I'm way over levelled, but between that and the ludicrously generous class system it's great seeing the sheer OP spectacle that can emerge as the party's respective powers come into play.

It takes a while for the game to set you loose and it's *a lot* of game by any standard. But yeah Monolith Soft have converted this skeptic if nothing else.

Stealth Nail Gun + Nexus just made trivial work of most areas

Was really enjoying cyberpunk until I got to a combat mission where I keep running out of ammo and can't progress. So frustrating, I just want to get past it and get back to playing the game.

"Defeat Nash and his people".

I didn't realise it was new but yea, apparently it came with the additional content when the game went on PS Plus and Gamepass. You have to power it with batteries but it is so powerful that that is rarely a problem.

I don't remember running out of ammo even once in the 40 something hours I played that game. Are you only carrying one type of weapon? You should be able to loot plenty from the people you kill

Looting bodies gives mostly weapons. I end up with an inventory of standard common guns its ridiculous.

I can't loot the bodies here because.i get killed. Doesn't help that looting is really clunky and inaccurate.

Got it in the end. Literally had to walk up to them close range with a shot gun. Hope there's not too much more of these combat type missions...

There is a tonne of combat missions but you should have more than enough to deal with them, in fact being OP was one of the criticisms of the game. By about 40% of the way through I was basically murdering every single enemy with implants before they got anywhere near me. I barely needed a gun.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

You should try playing Stray when your dogs are in the same room, my two went mental, I thought they were going to attack the TV.

Honourable mention for Spirit of the North too, they were not fans and I had to turn it off. Still haven't gone back to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Tried a few times with W3 and didn't like it either but not going in to why as to not spark off the debate...again 😀

Said I wouldn't spent the 80 quid on TLOU Part 1 but eh did and I'm really enjoying it will all the graphical upgrades and fps.

For me it was all about the story. The game was literally what do I need to do to get to the next part of the story.

I didn't slay a single monster because I find the combat too clunky and I suppose the best word for how I felt was it was just boring.

I finished it eventually, after about 6 months. So I guess I did enjoy it. But I didn't bother with the DLC despite one of them meant to be brilliant, story wise.

I'm playing Cyberpunk now and again, game play is just doing stuff to progress the story. Really nothing special.

I can't help comparing it to Watchdogs Legions, where I found the gameplay brilliant. Yep sorry Ubisoft haters, I actually enjoy some of their games 😄

• Administrators Posts: 53,736 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

IMHO the start of Witcher 3 is a bit of a slog. The starter area and the first big area are just dull and dreary. Everything is brown, dark and wet.

The game gets a lot better once you complete the Baron's quest line.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I never made it past the starting village in Witcher 3. Hated the feel of Geralt, the UI, the tutorial, everything. I appreciate I'm possibly holding myself back from a great story experience and my love of the TV show indicates I do like the world - but, ick. Hated the feel of the thing.

Definitely took me a while to get into TW3, and still wouldn't think it's as good as most fans think. The game is definitely very slow at the start. The world and story they created is great for the most part, but seriously drags in places too. The gameplay and combat is pretty bland and the amount of crafting items etc are pointless as most of them are very little addition.

It is a good game, and I might even play the PS5 version when it comes out, but I'd struggle to justify calling it a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,808 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I cannot **** wait for next gen Gwent!

I hope thanks to the power of next-gen consoles that we'll be able to see a slight bend in the card from where they've been in Geralt's pocket.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Never was quite sure where he managed to keep those cards amid the half dozen swords, a few crossbows, many dozen potions and several tonnes worth of assorted loot, ingredients, flora and fauna.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

A little bit of help here please.

There are two new games on my radar, but I will only buy one of them.

The games are: God of War Ragnarok and New Tales from the Borderlands.

Which one should I go for?

Advertisement