Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

In lighter news, Shaq Fu 2 is finally nearly ready (allegedly) for release.
    Four years in development...
    https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/15/17016144/shaq-fu-a-legend-reborn-release-date-switch-ps4-xbox-one-pc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I never thought that a sequel to Shaq Fu would exist. Reminds me of Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back in that regard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,390 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah it's just riding on the back of a meme.

Anyway, Shaq Fu isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

I've yet to find out for myself how much the original Shaq Fu sucks.

I've yet to find out for myself how much the original Shaq Fu sucks.

It's actually grand. You can finish it in about ten minutes if you just jump kick. Give the game a go, it's better than you think

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,390 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The animation is nice and it's got a weird combat system which takes a while to get used to. It's decent if nothing special but at least tries something different from other fighters of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,085 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So I've been thinking of finally giving Resident Evil 2 and Beyond Good & Evil a go.
    But was wondering what's the best way to play them? I can play BG&E on PC, PS3 or Gamecube. Which is meant to be the better version?
    And how is the Gamecube version of Resi Evil 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Bambi wrote: »
    Jaysus we're banning guns in America now are we?

Ye they'll ban all the guns as there's no chance of games getting banned since they've got the government in their pocket; the "Entertainment Software Association" the guys who among other things run E3 by themselves even outspend the NRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah it's just riding on the back of a meme.

Anyway, Shaq Fu isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

You're right.

It's worse.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So I've been thinking of finally giving Resident Evil 2 and Beyond Good & Evil a go.
    But was wondering what's the best way to play them? I can play BG&E on PC, PS3 or Gamecube. Which is meant to be the better version?
    And how is the Gamecube version of Resi Evil 2?
    I'd say all 3 are fine, PC probably has the best loading times.

Resi 2:
    http://ie.ign.com/faqs/2011/resident-evil-2-version-differences-378659

PC & DC versions of Resi 2 are the "best" visually, but GC port is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I think if you play BG&E on PC you have to use mouse/kb. For some reason it was like this and it was never fixed to allow gamepads properly.

Saw some online saying that as well as problems with the HD version on PS3. May settle with Gamecube for both games

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Saw some online saying that as well as problems with the HD version on PS3. May settle with Gamecube for both games

Played it start to finish on PS3, BG&E HD, and I can't recall any issues! Great little game, and a handy Platinum too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Cheats/easy mode with explanations basically.

Also...the first 2 mins of the video....the 2 things in games that he firmly believes in, contrasting each other, near polar opposites....so annoying.

Good video though, I can kind of see his point.

I died over 2000 times in Celeste. No assist mode for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I'm currently playing RE2 myself on the ps3 and absolutely loving it, god the atmosphere is still amazing, what a great game. I love the variety of weapons and attention to detail but nearly had a meltdown yestetday in Claire scenario 2, I needed a crest to get a key to get the lighter to get the cogwheel and I only got half the jaguar stone and now I need another red gem..

Greyfox wrote: »
    I'm currently playing RE2 myself on the ps3 and absolutely loving it, god the atmosphere is still amazing, what a great game. I love the variety of weapons and attention to detail but nearly had a meltdown yestetday in Claire scenario 2, I needed a crest to get a key to get the lighter to get the cogwheel and I only got half the jaguar stone and now I need another red gem..

I think we're about the same place. First time playing and am doing Claire A. Just got lighter from item box and need to go get the cog

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

"I lost my 10 year old son to Fortnite"

An Irish ma and her kid on This Morning on ITV saying Fortnite is changing her son's mood and he doesn't want to stop playing it. "He's very excited, shouting on headset with his friends and he is very excited after playing it, hard to settle him"

Jaysus sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Sounds like me and my mates at that age after playing street fighter, or Mario kart, or just football or tip the cam or whatever outside.

Actually it sounds like just about every generation of children ever after a stimulating activity.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »

An Irish ma and her kid on This Morning on ITV saying Fortnite is changing her son's mood and he doesn't want to stop playing it. "He's very excited, shouting on headset with his friends and he is very excited after playing it, hard to settle him"

Jaysus sake.
    The age rating is 12. You're a bad parent, end of argument, get off the telly!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Jaysus sake.

But its totally fine for adult men and women and their kids to get very excited and shout at a football match or any other sporting event either on TV or in a pub or at the event itself.

I'd say there was some adults that are hard to settle too when they go on the piss when their team wins or loses.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jaysus sake.

How did Holly and Philip react?

How did Holly and Philip react?

Was only half listening but they just left her off. Saying how FIFA never used to get him worked up and she's usually not to strict with ages on games but she's worried about him. Phil did read out a mail they got about how a kid would threaten to "smash the house" after playing Fortnite :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Was only half listening but they just left her off. Saying how FIFA never used to get him worked up and she's usually not to strict with ages on games but she's worried about him. Phil did read out a mail they got about how a kid would threaten to "smash the house" after playing Fortnite :pac:

Parents need to parent there kids. The whole blaming video games thing is beyond silly at this point. Plenty of kids play these things and don't lose the run of themselves, as there parents are doing there job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Phil did read out a mail they got about how a kid would threaten to "smash the house" after playing Fortnite :pac:

Failing to see where this is a games problem and more of a problem with the child or the parenting. I'm sure limiting the childs gaming time would help assuming he is on it loads and acts up afterwards, but a bit of discipline wouldn't hurt either instead of emailing Holly and Phil.

Ha someone called in and said when they stop their kid playing, they become angry and depressed. Honestly, I get the same when I have to stop playing and do adult ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Failing to see where this is a games problem and more of a problem with the child or the parenting. I'm sure limiting the childs gaming time would help assuming he is on it loads and acts up afterwards, but a bit of discipline wouldn't hurt either instead of emailing Holly and Phil.

My mother did that with me, when I played too much Nintendo as a kid. Its a simple matter of parenting. Amazing how lazy some parents are.

wes wrote: »
    Parents need to parent there their kids. The whole blaming video games thing is beyond silly at this point. Plenty of kids play these things and don't lose the run of themselves, as there their parents are doing there their job.

Couldn't let you get away with this one, 3x like! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Couldn't let you get away with this one, 3x like! :pac:

We're starting to argue amongst ourselves. This is what they want.

Advertisement