Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,844 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

There is around 10-15 hours of a good game in there. Mainly focused on the 4 devine beasts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

*BotW debate begins -> sicko mode intensifies*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Elden Ring seems amazing but too hard, stressful and dark for me. I'll definitely get it and try it once it's on a good discount. Or maybe just trade some of those other open world games I bought recently for it. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,961 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

My issue is that since the... Wii? I've had no inclination to pick up a Nintendo console. Not sure why, I've had the money spare at times. I think it's just the fact that the prices rarely drop for their exclusives, and I'm not paying near full price for a 6 year old game (BOTW) or still far too expensive for a 6 year old game (Odyssey). They're as bad as FromSoft with the refusal to drop prices of old games. That put me off more than anything. Add in the fact that the mobile side of it has zero interest to me, it would be constantly docked, so I feel like I'm paying a lot for half the features. If they ever do a GP style streaming service with all first party games on it, I'd be tempted again. Or maybe even a docked only cheap as chips version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭recyclops

I don't mind on the price as they tend to be the pinnacle of the art form.

There is must play games and I'd hold all three you mentioned above as something every gamer should play. Even now if you pay full whack your gonna gets a massive return on your investment and they are not full of filler which is shocking for their scale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I bought my switch for Odyssey, great game though and like you I play with it docked. Sure it looks crap anyway handheld despite nobody ever saying so.(they are fan boys and wouldn't tell you the truth)The graphics handheld take a massive drop. It's like when your internet is bad and you watch a YouTube video with the resolution way down. I remember complaining about how flimsy the controller was and got attacked for it back when I bought it a fair few years ago at this stage.

My switch seen very little use. Odyssey start to finish and Zelda for a few hours and then another not so popular game I cannot remember the name of for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,022 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Odyssey is well worth €60. One of the best games released on PS4/Xbox One/Switch or current gen.

Switch has by far the best selection of first party games available. Great variety, very enjoyable/lots of fun and most run brilliantly.

The likes of BOTW and Odyssey are always around €50 on Amazon and drop to €40 every now and then. Amazon.de had offers fairly often where you could get two games for €60-70 and they were also included in the selection.

Odyssey is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I too, have never played a Zelda. Have to play at least one before I die.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't even really recommend BotW as a first Zelda as it's so different. Amazing game but I'd be recommending link to the past or wind waker over either.

You've also probably played a Zelda type game at one point, it's one of the most copied types of games in indie games and even some big publisher games like the first Darksiders are complete rip offs. None ever really come close to the Zelda games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Niska

You can download a Philips CDi emulator, and the ROMS are not too hard to find after that:

https://www.cdiemu.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,799 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

How many games do we need about a green elf named Zelda and we can't even get a Days Gone sequel, the world is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Maybe you could develop the next Days Gone game, Zero.

Days Gone 2, developed by Z-Cool games and published by Retr0gamer Games 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 28,022 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The dynamic duo of Deacon St John and Boozeman is hard the beat.

NAZG

Not another zombie game 🤣

Or not another Zelda game 🤣

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Weapon degradation in BotW is the greatest crime against gamers but the bike running out of fuel in Days Gone is the single greatest gameplay mechanic since Revengeance's parry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

You can make your own bike in Tears of the Kingdom and sure that's basically the same thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I wonder will it runout of fuel too, leaving you to push it back to the nearest map marker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭eggy81

Beat 2 divine beasts. Have like 300 hours played but never finished it. Arsed around for months and then just stopped suddenly. Can’t bring myself to go back to re learn it. Comes into my head often but always play something else. 🤷‍♂️

PSA, take all videogame announcements tomorrow with a pinch of salt.... although they did announce the new monkey island last year on april 1st.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭CptMonkey

Wind waker is the best Zelda game. I liked Botw but its nothing to wind waker.

Elden ring is the best open world game tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Making my way through Ghostwire Tokyo on PS Extra and I think it's an absolute blast. First game I've played in a long while where I sit down to play for a half an hour and end up playing for over three hours. The gameplay is exciting and the open world Tokyo is great to explore. I never really heard much about after it came out so I thought it must have been a disappointment but I think it's fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just looked it up and see it's coming to Gamepass soon, so I will definitely be playing it.

Watched Tetris on Apple TV, It's pretty good. A little silly in places to make it dramatic, and has some very convenient moments. But still overall I enjoyed it, and the game is featured a good bit.

Playing Mass Effect 1 Legendary Edition. I like it. Feels like a good SF story, and not stupid SF like Star Wars 😁. Getting swamped in inventory overload and not using or upgrading abilities properly as I'm totally confused right now. Still, it's got a great atmosphere and I love the soundtrack. I know 2 is supposed to be a high point, so I'm going to sort myself out in 1 before I transfer my character over to 2.

1 is good but I'd recommend just blasting through it. 2 is a huge game so you run the risk of hitting a wall as you have to start over again and rebuild knowing it's going to take hours and hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,799 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Has anyone played Dredge, the new game where you captain a fishing boat but looks like a horror game as well, looks really interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭recyclops

I am gonna pick it up as my first steam deck purchase. Looks right up my street so will be a good change after re4

Advertisement