Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

J. Marston wrote: »
    Really liking Metro so far.

Also, I really like when games add pointless but very cool little details like this; When you're wearing the gas-mask, if it gets wet, you can wipe the mask clear with L1 but if you're hurt and have the blood on the screen effect and then wipe it, you'll smear blood across the mask for a second or two.

I loved both metro games. The atmosphere in it just amazing. Different factions, so called towns, bullets are currency etc. Some of the places are so damn creepy and scary.

It does not have xbox one x support? Wouldn't mind visiting it again. The new game feels like its forever in development. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Hi, I'm hoping one of ye more knowledgeable gamers can help me.

I bought a download game (A Way Out) from PS4 store and at a certain stage in the game the following screen won't load. I've retried a few times now and always gets stuck in same spot, just stuck on loading screen.

Can I delete my download and download again for free or is it one download per purchase? If I can't get it to work I want a refund or credit, how would I go about doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

You will be able to delete it and download again. You can find it to redownload in your library.

J Mysterio wrote:
    You will be able to delete it and download again. You can find it to redownload in your library.

Thanks, will I lose my saved progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Not sure on that one tbh. I think you probably wouldnt though. No guarantees!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Klonker wrote: »
    Thanks, will I lose my saved progress?

Your save file is different, so long as you just delete the application file, your save should work when you install it again. Sounds like other people having the same issue and someone got a work around if this makes sense to you.
    I figured out an easy way to fix this that worked for me. I was playing online with a friend and we had this issue and what I ended up doing is going on local and hooking up two controllers. Then get past the part that wouldn't load and on local it loaded right away for me. Then go back to online and start it again. Worked for me.

Full thread here.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/A-Way-Out-stuck-at-loading-screen/m-p/6715619#U6715619

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If I can't get it to work I want a refund or credit, how would I go about doing that?
    AFAIK Sony PSN doesn't even allow for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Stumped on the driving game, might leave it off for a while. Thanks for the suggestion lads.

Anyone play This is the Police? It's on sale on psn at the moment for 4 euro down from 20. Only played a small bit but it's an absolute gem so far. You're chief of police and have 180 days til retirement. You have to management your cops and detectives on shift, respond to calls, give advice how to handle calls and cases, deal with corruption, Mafia and try to retire with 500k be out with above board bonuses from job well done or selling evidence and taking dodgy jobs. I'm only 3 days in but loving it so far. Whether it gets repetitive and boring, I dunno, but so far it's right up my street. Just saw a sequel recently released on pc.

Bought this yesterday based on your comments. Really enjoying it. About 5 days in. Can see it getting tougher as it goes on, can be hard to balance everything.

Only complaints are the music you can choose from is either soft piano jazz music or LOUD NOISES. Plus I could nearly do without some of the story bits.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    AFAIK Sony PSN doesn't even allow for this.

Not entirely true. You can get a refund but you have to contact a consumer representative. I've only done it once and it was a surprisingly painless experience. Got a refund for the PS2 metal slug collection on PSN as it's 50Hz PAL garbage. I had played it so not entitled to a refund but got it refunded as good will.

I'd say with a game with a genuine issue like this it might be easier again.

Penn wrote: »
    Bought this yesterday based on your comments. Really enjoying it. About 5 days in. Can see it getting tougher as it goes on, can be hard to balance everything.

Only complaints are the music you can choose from is either soft piano jazz music or LOUD NOISES. Plus I could nearly do without some of the story bits.

Yeah you can buy now records but I don't have faith in them being any good. I'm on day 28, small bit harder, plenty of cops getting killed, pulling sickies ridiculous requests from mayor's office, etc. I dunno how it can go on for another 150 days. This would be perfect as a mobile game to dip in and out of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Anything that falls under personal data or money, has to be done over the phone with Sony.

Only reason to use Live chat/email is to register the issue to save time on the phone when you inevitably need to call them.

Thanks for the help lads, I deleted and re downloaded and it worked fine and didn't lose my save. Finished it tonight actually (wouldn't recommend)

Thanks for the help lads, I deleted and re downloaded and it worked fine and didn't lose my save. Finished it tonight actually (wouldn't recommend)

You're talking about A Way Out, right? Why would you not recommend?

You're talking about A Way Out, right? Why would you not recommend?

It's not a bad story but the actual gameplay is so basic, there's no challenge to it at all.

Detroit: Become Human has gone gold and a demo is out tomorrow. Should be interesting. I know Heavy Rain gets a bad doing around here but I really enjoyed it.

This will also work with your Amazon Alexa thing where you can ask your Alexa device about cm something you find in a crime scene to get more info on it.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/04/23/detroit-become-human-has-gone-gold-game-demo-out-tomorrow-on-ps4/#sf187548951

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Detroit: Become Human has gone gold and a demo is out tomorrow. Should be interesting. I know Heavy Rain gets a bad doing around here but I really enjoyed it.

Its strange to say it for the type of game it is but it has aged horribly based on my current playthrough on PS4. Graphics look washed out and the animation is poor, tentatively looking forward to Detroit as the tech used at Quantic Dream maybe suits robots more than humans. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Quantic Dream are in the new today about suing journalists over articles criticizing their toxic work environment apparently.
    Detroit Developer Quantic Dream Sues French Media Over Articles On Toxic Work Conditions

https://kotaku.com/detroit-developer-quantic-dream-sues-french-media-over-1825453518

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Quantic Dream are in the new today about suing journalists over articles criticizing their toxic work environment apparently.

https://kotaku.com/detroit-developer-quantic-dream-sues-french-media-over-1825453518

Bit of risk going with a law suit. I forgot all about that story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Does God of War really have raging horns in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Does God of War really have raging horns in it?

It has these horns you collect which increase your rage....

• Advertisement

It has these horns you collect which increase your rage....

Ah, you couldn't call them anything but raging horns.

So the god of war director wanted the 1 continuous camera shot when he was working on tomb raider reboot, they told him it wouldn't work so he fecked off and started working on it in god of war instead. Cheers crystal dynamics :)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/a-cool-god-of-war-ps4-feature-was-rejected-from-th/1100-6457602/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All that work studio santa Monica put in to make gof of war more serious. Now I can never take it seriously.

Kratos following his son around with a raging horn on him sounds a bit icky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

So the god of war director wanted the 1 continuous camera shot when he was working on tomb raider reboot, they told him it would work so he fecked off and started working on it in god of war instead. Cheers crystal dynamics :)

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/a-cool-god-of-war-ps4-feature-was-rejected-from-th/1100-6457602/

It is brilliant directorial work, I think :)

Anyone play Tacoma? Coming to PS4 in May and I'd be interested in anything made by the creators of Gone Home.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/04/24/fullbrights-tacoma-heads-to-ps4-may-8/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s pretty good. It’s less immediately captivating than Gone Home, but it’s a formal evolution - clever use of space and time makes for a novel way of engaging with the story that unfolds. You’re a more active participant even if the story is predetermined. The environmental storytelling is as potent as it was in Gone Home, and the use of human-like characters (albeit abstracted) makes the drama more immediate.

Personally I’ve found myself drawn towards more experimental takes on these types of games - stuff like The Norwood Suite or Anatomy. But Tacoma is a pretty confident piece of work, if somewhat overshadowed by the more ambitious Edith Finch.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,701 ✭✭✭✭Penn

So the god of war director wanted the 1 continuous camera shot when he was working on tomb raider reboot, they told him it would work so he fecked off and started working on it in god of war instead. Cheers crystal dynamics :)

Saw in a video the other day that the menu system was originally supposed to be on the axe, different runes on the axes highlighting different menu options. That was so even going into the menu would keep that single continuous shot going as Kratos would just lift his axe and the camera would zoom in on it, then back out.

That probably would have been a step too far, and they said it didn't really work as it made the menu too confusing, plus looked weird if you went into the menu during a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw someone on Reddit say that MGS1 is 20 years old this year.

Almost instantly felt my first grey hairs come in.

• Advertisement

You never forget when you find your first grey hair. it's like when you found your first pube and you know things will never be the same again

Advertisement