Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If there's no specific single player in S&B, i'm out. No interest in "but you can solo it too", because 999/1000 it's crap because it's not the focus. Shame, I was looking forward to giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It's not a MMO or large multiplayer open world type of game. Its not sea of thieves.

You're either doing your own thing solo (not in a shared world) or you can have people join but they're just helpers it's not a team game that you can happen to solo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Maybe I'm the only one getting these adverts in YouTube, but man I wanna punch this twit's smug face so much. Out of curiosity I had a look at the app store and the reviews are full of complaints that, sure enough, it's a Pay to Win game.

But god I'm sick of seeing this guy's face I just thought I'd share the pain. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Pretty much guaranteed that "Part 5" is the only part. So a fake ad to prove fake games aren't fake.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh for sure, I presume it's not even a real Streamer but there was a decent period when those shítty fake mobile game adverts stopped appearing on YouTube, now they're back and trying harder than ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,160 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

More Suicide Squad stuff. 5 currencies. Damage numbers in the tens and hundreds of thousands. Paragraphs of stats and status effects.

What a pile of ****.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Now that's how you do a UI.

Dear lord. Imagine working on this as an interface designer; your motivation and enthusiasm would be just dead every day you go home.

(Sorry, I do jest a little. We all know the designers would be sleeping under their desks while their partners file for divorce.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

It looks like some suit went "okay, and what else?"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

UI designer: "I need you to be very specific, what information and stats are required to be shown in the UI? Are we going to follow the Destiny style, fortnite, the Division or something else?"

Warner Bros exec wiping coke from under their nose: "Yes"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,453 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Sorry, not even a 5'er in a bargain bin!

I'm not wasting my life on that shíte, I waste it on enough shíte as it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gotham Knights doesn't look half as bad now. It's mental, "sir, GK isn't doing well. People hate gaas and forced co-op, we should take this on board for Suicide Squad..."

WB has left the chat.

Prince of Persia getting some impressive reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭McFly85

Just played the demo, it’s pretty great. Brilliant platform and combat, looking forward to the full game!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Excellent news. Hope it does really well.

Technically excellent too according to DF across the different platforms. 120 FPS / 4K available too.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PixelPlayer

I didn't know what to expect clicking on a link called "SandLand", but I like the animation on this. Hard to judge from the video, but the gameplay looks interesting too from what we can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭McFly85

The screenshot feature - allowing players to take a screenshot of an area or item they can’t reach that will stay on the map - is brilliant, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see future Metroidvanias incorporate it.

I do it on the switch for some games already. Nice to have it as a built-in feature.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Played the demo last night on PC. Mostly liked it - it’s fast and responsive, and the platforming feels great. Not particularly fond of some of the art design (particularly the in-game character models, which look a little unpolished to me) and the controls / UI are pretty fiddly and busy in some respects (kept doing special attacks when I didn’t mean to). Inevitably hard to get a sense of its exploration aspects in a walled off demo, but seems look it hits all the beats.

It seems like a solid addition to the genre on the whole, though the demo didn’t quite have the secret sauce to persuade me to drop everything when it arrives next week when the full game lands. I’ll look forward to giving it a go down the line for sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭jj880

Just tried it with 120fps / 4k / VRR. Feels extra responsive and smooth. Great game.

Would it get me hooked like Ori? Not based on this demo but maybe 1 for later after full game comes out.

Hopefully we see more games like this at 120fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

Not much of a gamer. Generally no time for it. But steam informs me that a game I really did enjoy - Dragons Dogma - I last played in August 2019. And I just noticed (showing how out of touch I am) that part 2 is due in the next couple of months.

Any gossip about this? Would it be worth spending some time in the next 2 months replaying the first part? Is anything meant to transfer from your part 1 saved game into part 2?

Looking forward to it anyway. Given the amount of time I game it will probably take me all of 2024 to start it and complete it though.

It's looking really good and I'm looking forward to it since the first was such fun.

I'd say nothing carries over to the new game but it's a fun game to go through again

Watched some Suicide Squad footage there now and wow, the UI is somehow even worse looking in motion than in a screenshot.

And yet nobody who should lose their jobs, will do when this inevitably tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭Cordell

I'm not sure it's going to tank hard, Gotham Knights was also mediocre and yet it sold well enough. There is a public for this kind of crap and from what I saw so far core gameplay is not all bad.

The DC games always look dark and depressing to me. Couldn't imagine playing one for an extended period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ha, I'm playing Spiderman 2 atm and it makes me wish i was playing Arkham Asylum.

• Advertisement

The Arkham games found that sweet spot where the "dark" angle kinda worked. They owned it and found the point where the self-serious angle didn't quite pitch into parody or Synder levels of angst.

Plus Asylum was a legitimately great game, which helps a lot.until the very last battle that was total garbage.

Advertisement