Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Playing through The Last of Us again, partly to get the last multiplayer trophies for the platinum and partly for the hype for E3 where TLOU 2 will be a big showcase. Also gonna try clear grounded mode for the laugh. Just starting chapter 2 and forgot how absolutely brilliant the game is. Still the best intro to any game ever and I forgot how good it looks, constantly entering photo mode for snaps. Anyone on here still play the multiplayer? I remember getting some great games with lads on here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I played the hardest difficulty before the DLC added a new tier (can never remember if it was grounded or not) It was like playing a different game. I'd almost break down upon opening a drawer and finding a bandage. Was absolutely brilliant but also possibly the most stress I've ever been under playing a video game.
    You need to play completely different.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I played the hardest difficulty before the DLC added a new tier (can never remember if it was grounded or not) It was like playing a different game. I'd almost break down upon opening a drawer and finding a bandage. Was absolutely brilliant but also possibly the most stress I've ever been under playing a video game.
    You need to play completely different.

I loved my playthrough of Survival but Grounded does not **** around. Every drawer has been empty so far :( I know people were comparing GoW to this lately and that was a class game but Last of Us kicks God of War's ass every day of the week imo.

• Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Playing through The Last of Us again, partly to get the last multiplayer trophies for the platinum and partly for the hype for E3 where TLOU 2 will be a big showcase. Also gonna try clear grounded mode for the laugh. Just starting chapter 2 and forgot how absolutely brilliant the game is. Still the best intro to any game ever and I forgot how good it looks, constantly entering photo mode for snaps. Anyone on here still play the multiplayer? I remember getting some great games with lads on here before.

Could have been myself. It still has a decent following online.
    I haven't played in months however.

You probably played with Kylo Ren, tok9 & Axwell

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Could have been myself. It still has a decent following online.
    I haven't played in months however.

You probably played with Kylo Ren, tok9 & Axwell

Ah yeah that was the crew, some great laughs. Meant to just head straight into multiplayer but Grounded has me hooked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭BalboBiggins

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone on here still play the multiplayer? I remember getting some great games with lads on here before.

I've been playing the MP consistently for four years. I'm more excited for the MP in the sequel than I am the SP :P

Grounded is fecking brutal. I thought I forgot how the game worked as I couldn't see my health or ammo, nope, just Grounded doing it's thing. Doesn't matter anyway as 1-2 hits and your dead and don't need to keep track of all 3 of my bullets!

H1Z1: battle royale free version is live on the psn store now along with a free gear pack for ps plus members. 10gb download.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Grounded is fecking brutal. I thought I forgot how the game worked as I couldn't see my health or ammo, nope, just Grounded doing it's thing. Doesn't matter anyway as 1-2 hits and your dead and don't need to keep track of all 3 of my bullets!
    A tip for grounded
    having no ammo almost guarantees an ammo drop/pickup nearby so there's no point in holding on to one bullet when using it will probably get you two or three

Evade wrote: »
    A tip for grounded
    having no ammo almost guarantees an ammo drop/pickup nearby so there's no point in holding on to one bullet when using it will probably get you two or three

Good to know, I've been hoarding them alright and restarting from checkpoint if I even have to use one.

Must dig up an old TLoU thread, get some more tips, especially for MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I love me some TLOU, ive replayed it twice and am itching to give it another whirl. I think ill hold out a little longer though and leave until just before part 2 releases..

Question about grounded and the lack of ammo, are there certain sections where you get a lot of ammo? like
    the part where you're hanging upside down and getting swarmed? or when you control Ellie and are covering Joel? or when you're sniping the attackers from the house?

• Advertisement

The upside down bit I'm assuming is infinite ammo, I'm only up to the museum. So far if I had to use a gun, it was gonna be game over unless it's used on the last guy in the room. Stealthy chokes and brick smashing all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm pretty sure there's a mechanic which kicks in when you're low on consumables that gifts you more. Not that you ever feel you have enough stuff at harder difficulty levels but it helps.

Got a beta code for the crew 2, check your email if you applied for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Got a beta code for the crew 2, check your email if you applied for one.

Got one too, you can also invite three people from your Ubisoft friends if they are on the same platform. So if anybody wants a code and is on PS4 , send me a friend request on ubi club and I’ll send you invite to beta. My Ubisoft username is EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Got one too, you can also invite three people from your Ubisoft friends if they are on the same platform. So if anybody wants a code and is on PS4 , send me a friend request on ubi club and I’ll send you invite to beta. My Ubisoft username is EonMcLovin

Is that a typing error? Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Is that a typing error? Just curious.

Yeah, didn’t notice that. Should be EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Just got an email from GameStop re GDPR updates, and they're promising a 10% discount voucher for resubscribing to their mailing list. Any regular GameStop shoppers here? Just wondering if it's likely usable against Steam vouchers. With the summer sale approaching, it's like an extra 10% off the Steam sale prices. The email says the discount can't be used against hardware, but that's the only limitation it mentions from what I can see.

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So I bought a PS4 just for God of War. Now I've completed it, what else is worth playing? I never really kept up to date on the PS4 games and stuff so not really sure what's out there.

Exclusives only please. :)

I like games with good story, that aren't insanely difficult or frustrating and don't require hours of armour upgrading / number crunching.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

awec wrote: »
    So I bought a PS4 just for God of War. Now I've completed it, what else is worth playing? I never really kept up to date on the PS4 games and stuff so not really sure what's out there.

The Last Of Us and Uncharted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The Last Guardian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

And Horizon Zero Dawn.

Bloodborne is excellent if you like the souls type games

Yakuza: Zero

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I like games with good story, that aren't insanely difficult or frustrating and don't require hours of armour upgrading / number crunching.

Infamous Second Son is an option.
    Slightly different stories based on the path you choose (good or bad). No grinding that I can think of. There are XP and upgrades but mostly comes through playing through the game as normal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Bloodborne, Bloodborne and, Bloodborne... also the DLC.
    It's cheap as chips on PSN now too.

I like games with good story, that aren't insanely difficult or frustrating

Why is everybody saying Bloodborne? :pac:

Dont get me wrong, its the best game ever, but it ticks all of his negative boxes and none of his positive :D

nix wrote: »

Dont get me wrong, its the best game ever, but it ticks all of his negative boxes and none of his positive :D

I could've sworn the final paragraph wasn't there when I recommended Bloodborne :)
    I'll second Yakuza 0 so. Some game and it's cheap out now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

nix wrote: »

There's a good story in the background of BB. It's not hard or frustrating... I think you need to Git Gud Scrub ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He just doesn't know he likes bloodborne yet. He can thank us later.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There's a good story in the background of BB. It's not hard or frustrating... I think you need to Git Gud Scrub ;)

I know the story inside out, i love it, but you need to dig deep to get it (or watch a break down on youtube). I took from his post that he's wanting a fluid story ala uncharted, last of us etc

And eh, compared to most other games, Bloodborne is hard. Me however, love the challenge..... scrub ;)

Advertisement