Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Murseyless

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think the real question is why does anyone care?

Um, because it's a small example of everything wrong with the industry.

As a gamer I care that a company as huge as Sony as blurring a competitors product because it might'nt reflect well on them.

As a mod shouldn't you be contributing rather than spam posting?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's shocking

Didn't they try the same thing with anthem

No with Anthem they photoshopped the PlayStation button prompts onto One X gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

It's a 360 controller in the hands of a developer working on a title which is only available on the XBox One, PS4 and PC.

Blurring it out was an utterly pointless exercise by someone on the Sony marketing team but it should be pretty obvious that its presence offers no real indication as to what platform the game footage in the trailer is actually coming from.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's pointless from Sony, but given gameplay trailers for years were run on development machines, i don't really see why people have any issues with this. It's a feature trailer, not a graphical comparison.

This is a pretty minor thing compared to the likes of graphical downgrades in full released compared to trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Oh wow, Sony being Sony and censoring an Xbox joypad in a Destiny 2 clip?

Here's Sony's clip

And here's Destiny's own uncensored one

I call shenanigans!

On Xbox's Youtube channel, they also have the Destiny 2 video. You can see in the menus during the video that the footage is from a PS4 (skip to 2.15)
    https://youtu.be/Hen1Spsnq7Y?t=2m15s

How dare Microsoft try to pass off PS4 footage as... actually... no-one cares.

The video is from Bungie. The video was reposted on both Playstation and Xbox's channels. Playstation just blurred out a shot of an Xbox controller, which may not have even been plugged into an Xbox given it was a developer video, and may have been plugged into a PC instead. But Christ on a cracker... "I call shenanigans!"?

I call over-reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Evolve going extinct. Support shutdown on Sep 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Because Sony blurred out a controller, I don't think I'm going to sleep tonight I'm so seething with rage. The weather outside was lovely and everything but it's all been completely fooking ruined by this. I blame the feminists…

(the … isn't anything to do with Superman… or is it.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Penn wrote: »
    On Xbox's Youtube channel, they also have the Destiny 2 video. You can see in the menus during the video that the footage is from a PS4 (skip to 2.15)
    https://youtu.be/Hen1Spsnq7Y?t=2m15s

How dare Microsoft try to pass off PS4 footage as... actually... no-one cares.

I call over-reaction.

lol, but did they blur it out :D

The whole blur thing is really funny. No one would have even noticed the controller if it wasn't for the ridiculous blur. Hilarious stuff.

For the love of god its only a controller. What were they thinking blurring it out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think it's very obvious why people care

Am I looking at footage from the one x or the pro... Can be a major selling point if game runs smoothly on one or the other platform

It's never going to be running on a one X or a pro until up until release. Optimisation is the last thing that will happen to this game and up until then you are looking at a build of a game running on a development PC with specific console builds running like dirt so not being used for demonstration purposes.
    "General gaming discussion".
    Discussions related to gaming, of a completely general nature. You should know, you created this thread. :confused:

Besides, if you don't care, just skip it. There's a good lad.

It's a total non issue is the problem. It's a bad photoshop by an ad agency and the controller is probably what was plugged into the dev PC. It's not a conspiracy by Sony, it's an advert created by a third party with no vested interest beyond delivering a video to get paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Sony announcing a new game with VR support now.

https://www.twitch.tv/playstation

Tetris....ffs,,,,,

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's Tetris. This remaster stuff is getting out of hand :pac:

Kiith wrote: »
    It's pointless from Sony, but given gameplay trailers for years were run on development machines, i don't really see why people have any issues with this. It's a feature trailer, not a graphical comparison.

This is a pretty minor thing compared to the likes of graphical downgrades in full released compared to trailers.
    Penn wrote: »
    The video is from Bungie. The video was reposted on both Playstation and Xbox's channels. Playstation just blurred out a shot of an Xbox controller, which may not have even been plugged into an Xbox given it was a developer video, and may have been plugged into a PC instead. But Christ on a cracker... "I call shenanigans!"?

I call over-reaction.
    It's a total non issue is the problem. It's a bad photoshop by an ad agency and the controller is probably what was plugged into the dev PC. It's not a conspiracy by Sony, it's an advert created by a third party with no vested interest beyond delivering a video to get paid.

I'm not getting dragged into argument, because, to be honest I don't particularly care what Sony and Mircosoft are at. I'm too busy playing my Switch.

The only reason I posted those videos was because I thought it was interesting, and actually a little funny how far Sony and Microsoft go to try and one-up each other. The post was intended to be tongue in cheek, but I guess sarcasm can get lost in plain text.

No issue with it, just thought it was interesting, so please put away your pitchforks.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Sony announcing a new game with VR support now.

https://www.twitch.tv/playstation

Tetris....ffs,,,,,

Bit pointless? How in the hell is that even going to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's Tetris. This remaster stuff is getting out of hand :pac:

Was hoping for Pong... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The only reason I posted those videos was because I thought it was interesting, and actually a little funny how far Sony and Microsoft go to try and one-up each other. The post was intended to be tongue in cheek, but I guess sarcasm can get lost in plain text.

There's a few PlayStation defense attorneys on the thread so the humour is lost lol.

There's a few PlayStation defense attorneys on the thread so the humour is lost lol.

Jesus, pot and kettle and all that business, Failsafe…

From Tetsuya Mizuguchi? Rez, Lumines and Child of Eden?

Yea, I'll give it a shot.

It looks like I have to shovel a load of ket into me before I start playing it. I'm getting a bit old for that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

gizmo wrote: »

One of the greatest living game developers taking on a classic puzzle series? More Mizuguchi VR after the stunning masterpiece that is Rez Infinite? I'm all in on that, TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

gizmo wrote: »

That looks so beautiful and relaxing.... And now the Tetris song is stuck in my head even though it wasn't in the trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Unfortunately the tetris company these days like to shoe horn in bull**** casual modes into the games and hamper hardcore modes. Hopefully they let them run wild with this.

Unfortunately the tetris company these days like to shoe horn in bull**** casual modes into the games and hamper hardcore modes. Hopefully they let them run wild with this.
    Oh? I thought they just licenced the brand out and the poorly received titles we've had over the last few years have just been a result of various publishers not knowing what to do with it?

In any case, if they're going to let anyone run wild with it, I'd hope it's Mizuguchi. :)

Maaaaan what I'd give for a skate 4 announcement at E3. Seems like the skate 3 servers came back online today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Was just thinking about skateboard games the other day. Saw a Rodney Mullen video on Reddit and had a big pang of nostalgia for the old THPS games. If done right, I think it could be a cool multiplayer game too (since that's what all the companies want these days.)

Tournaments, team tournaments, best scores etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,443 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Maaaaan what I'd give for a skate 4 announcement at E3. Seems like the skate 3 servers came back online today.

Tony hawk's 1,2,3 in a remastered collection would do me. Never played the skate games but heard good things

With Evolve finally having its plug pulled, one of the designers on the game replied rather candidly to a Reddit thread on the subject.

It's not particularly surprising but it does offer another example of how developers and publishers can often hold rather disparate views on the game they're making together.

Link.

Some hitman announcement today about a target race driver at 5pm GMT. Could be just a new Elusive Target but looks like Hitman 2 preorder was leaked on PSN. Might be an early demo of Hitman 2 or a branching target playable in Hitman 1.

DfGHi0FVQAMaNQp.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Does hitman need to use a briefcase to carry a sniper around again yet? Or has he still got George Stobbart pockets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Generation Zero - a new IP from Avalanche (Just Cause, Rage 2) - is a four player co-op FPS where your team takes on robots/mechs in 1980s Sweden.

Coming to PC, PS4 and XB1, in 2019, hopefully with a similar soundtrack to the trailer.

Advertisement