Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Considering that this issue was there since launch day in regards to moving accounts to or from the Xbox or PS4 a disclaimer should have been there for both platforms from day one.

You are wrong

giphy.gif

You are wrong

Am I, are you saying that Epic have not been aware since Fortnite launched on Xbox One and Ps4 that users who started an account on either would have issues moving it to the other or if it was started on PS4 be impossible to move it? It's funny because when I contacted them well before the Switch port was announced that they informed me of this limitation.

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    IGN got God Hand so badly wrong. But then again it was IGN.

One of the best PS2 games ever IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Vampyr has gotten very average reviews across the board and i was gonna leave it off for a sale but decided to pick it up because of the user reviews on the boards thread. Absolutely loving it, great game. My winner of pleasant surprise on 2018 boards GOTY awards so far.

• Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Vampyr has gotten very average reviews across the board and i was gonna leave it off for a sale but decided to pick it up because of the user reviews on the boards thread. Absolutely loving it, great game. My winner of pleasant surprise on 2018 boards GOTY awards so far.

Alot of critics complaining about the combat, is it really that bad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I bet Yakuza Kiwami 2 will be your game of the year ;)

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I bet Yakuza Kiwami 2 will be your game of the year ;)

Can't see it beating my current favourite Yakuza 6 but Red Dead should give it a good go :)

Nope I love the combat. Once you put enough stats into stamina, it turns into almost Bloodborne combat, zipping around counter striking. Very clever system as well of if you try to be a good vamp, you will earn less xp and therefore be underlevelled for a lot of fights. Eat everyone you meet and you'll be an Uber vamp.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm not sure why Microsoft or Epic should have to explain Sonys dick move. Then again Sony have a track record of throwing their third parties under the bus at the first sign of controversy.... cough.... Sean Murray.

Sony also saying that they are protecting their users from unregulated content is utter bobbins when they allow cross accounts and play with the Wild West open platforms of PC and android but not the curated platforms of Nintendo and Xbox. To argue that it's anything but cynical is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Retr0gamer wrote:
    throwing their third parties under the bus at the first sign of controversy.... cough.... Sean Murray.

He seemed to throw himself under a few tbh so not sure what your on about

• Advertisement

When did EA stop making a stand alone World Cup game?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm not sure why Microsoft or Epic should have to explain Sonys dick move. Then again Sony have a track record of throwing their third parties under the bus at the first sign of controversy.... cough.... Sean Murray.

Epic should when it affects their users. Everyone seems to find it perfectly acceptable for Epic to sign a deal which screws over their player base and when it hits the fan even defend them by attacking others. Seriously, how is it acceptable for a company like Epic to deliberately and knowingly set up a system that penalises those who play on PS4 and never even so much as warn them till well after most have dozens if not hundreds of hours played.

Let's say that this was Square Enix or EA who were in Epic's position, do you think that you would be so quick to defend them and place all the blame on another party knowing that they agreed to these restrictions and have thus far refused to offer any compensation or help to their users?

Yes, Sony are utter dicks about this but Epic got into bed with them knowing full well the restrictions that would be placed on their user's accounts. This is not something that was sprung on them but something they agreed to. This is my entire point, you cannot sign an agreement with anticonsumer clauses and then not bear the brunt of the blame.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

J. Marston wrote: »
    Saw Remember Me mentioned in a thread here a day or two ago and I remember really enjoying it despite the luke-warm reviews it got. Thought the way you could create custom combos was a cool gimmick.

Anyone have games they really liked that were critically panned/ignored?

Kane and Lynch, one of those well above average games that did something interesting and told a great story but got caught up in a wave of controversy.

Binary Domain is another one that seemed to get a lot of very negative reviews but it remains a damn fine game that stands up well.

Alice: Madness Returns, The Conduit, Alpha Protocol, Army of Two, Haze, Lollipop Chainsaw, Wolfenstein 2009 are all pretty decent bordering on almost very good games that got written off but actually provide decent entertainment, I'd also throw in Call of Juarez: The Cartel and Duke Nukem Forever as two complete oddities that are bad in so many ways but also fun in short bursts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

When did EA stop making a stand alone World Cup game?

2014, but that game didn't make it to PS4 or Xbone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Am I, are you saying that Epic have not been aware since Fortnite launched on Xbox One and Ps4 that users who started an account on either would have issues moving it to the other or if it was started on PS4 be impossible to move it? It's funny because when I contacted them well before the Switch port was announced that they informed me of this limitation.
    So all that needs to be done is for every person to ever register that game to contact Sony first and go through the terms and conditions for them. Sounds a wonderful plan, not a slippery slope to be see at all!

Its Sony's fault. It's not debatable.

Read what I posted, what needed to be done was Epic put a disclaimer into the game the first time you launch it. No one needs to contact Sony or MS, Epic should have foreseen this issue and informed their user base months ago.

Also it was Epic who informed me of the restriction and not Sony. It took contacting the devs/pubs to be made aware of a serious restriction I'm the game.

Edited to add, no one is saying that this is not Sony's fault, I've said repeatedly that it was caused by decisions they made but Epic were 100% happy to let it occur and agreed to sign a deal that was anti consumer. They made the decisions and as such this is Epic's mess to clean up. You cannot sign a contract knowing full well the implications and then when it causes issues for your user base hold your hands up and say "nothing to do with us." Epic agreed to Sony's stipulations and then did not make their users aware of them, as such this is Epic's mess to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I also think Epic would have had responsibility to notify users their Epic account would be linked to PSN and couldn't then be unlinked. The onus for that is on Epic even if Sony were to blame for the reasoning behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Yeah that doesn't explain why Murray went into every interview under the sun and lied through his teeth. Then claim their Twitter was hacked when someone on their own account said that the game was a mistake when people realised they were sold a con.

Sean Murray didn't handle it well.... is an understatement.

But Sony as publisher throwing it's hands up and backing away when the ****storm came wasn't exactly nice either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Penn wrote: »
    I also think Epic would have had responsibility to notify users their Epic account would be linked to PSN and couldn't then be unlinked. The onus for that is on Epic even if Sony were to blame for the reasoning behind it.

Sony could change it tomorrow,yet they wont. Thats the crux of the issue.

Everybody is playing ball except for sony. Say what you want about them being a business,which of course they are,this sort of stuff harms the brand in the eyes of consumers and if they keep making decisions based on their bottom line and nothing else,in the long run they are running a risk of harming their brand.

Things are starting to mount up now,fortnite problem,not allowing early access,telling their customers EA access is bad value so not allowing it,no backwards compatibility,increase in PS+ price while dropoing PS3 games from next year etc.

Id say their riding on their early success this gen at this point,the exclusives are pretty much the only outstanding thing i see on PS4,they are coasting right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Saw Remember Me mentioned in a thread here a day or two ago and I remember really enjoying it despite the luke-warm reviews it got. Thought the way you could create custom combos was a cool gimmick.

Anyone have games they really liked that were critically panned/ignored?

The Summoner on the PS2, it had the usual launch title issues but it was not really panned, just not that many people seemed to have played it at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Kane and Lynch, one of those well above average games that did something interesting and told a great story but got caught up in a wave of controversy.

Binary Domain is another one that seemed to get a lot of very negative reviews but it remains a damn fine game that stands up well.

Alice: Madness Returns, The Conduit, Alpha Protocol, Army of Two, Haze, Lollipop Chainsaw, Wolfenstein 2009 are all pretty decent bordering on almost very good games that got written off but actually provide decent entertainment, I'd also throw in Call of Juarez: The Cartel and Duke Nukem Forever as two complete oddities that are bad in so many ways but also fun in short bursts.

Crap, must be the only time in the last months where I would agree with you.
    I liked Kane and Lynch 2. The ending was ****, but I genuinely enjoyed whole game.
    Alice Madness returns is one of my favourite art style games ever. I even plan my next sleeve tattoo in ****ed up Alice in wonderland style.

Crap, must be the only time in the last months where I would agree with you. I liked Kane and Lynch 2. The ending was ****, but I genuinely enjoyed whole game. Alice Madness returns is one of my favourite art style games ever. I even plan my to tet sleeve tattoo in Ficked up Alice in wonderland style.

I saw some of the proposed art work and gameplay videos for the third game that looked amazing, but think that till the stuff with his sister is sorted we won't be seeing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Completely forgot about Binary Domain. Such a fun game.

It had some of the most satisfying shooting I've ever played with. Busting up robots never got old. Also had the most generic Shoot Man protagonist ever, Dan.

Edit: Alice MR too, as said above. Overlooked platformer.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Completely forgot about Binary Domain. Such a fun game.

It had some of the most satisfying shooting I've ever played with. Busting up robots never got old. Also had the most generic Shoot Man protagonist ever, Dan.

Any game with Big Bo in it is alright by me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Even people who like the game are saying it's pretty terrible (the combat), I think the real star of the game is the depth (and range) of the characters and how your decisions really do impact things. That is one of my favourite aspects of some games like Witcher 3 and Fallout so I'd say I'll be giving it a shot at some point over the summer based on the same.

Billy86 wrote:
    Even people who like the game are saying it's pretty terrible (the combat), I think the real star of the game is the depth (and range) of the characters and how your decisions really do impact things. That is one of my favourite aspects of some games like Witcher 3 and Fallout so I'd say I'll be giving it a shot at some point over the summer based on the same.

Combat improves as you upgrade your character, it's a slog at the start but the more you level up the better it becomes. Still a long way from perfect bit not the complete cluster bomb some think it is.

I think a lot of the negative reviews were reviewers trying to get through it not killing anyone where it seems if you want to have fun with the game you've got to embrace the difficult decisions and kill a few important people.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I think a lot of the negative reviews were reviewers trying to get through it not killing anyone where it seems if you want to have fun with the game you've got to embrace the difficult decisions and kill a few important people.

I fully embraced murder and am really enjoying the game. Could see why killing no one would make it a slog.

Advertisement