Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Ignore headsets/headphones marketed as gaming headphones, tend to be overpriced and have poor sound quality. Cloud 2 is one of the few decent gaming headsets as it's based off a legit headphone, the Takstar Pro 80. Wireless headphones also have poor sound quality.

The Philips Fidelio X2 is a great value open back headphone with a sound profile well suited for gaming. Can be had for less than €200. Get a V Moda Boom Pro mic for it and you'll have a fantastic headphone that will work for gaming, movies and music.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The customisation in the game is insanely detailed so I'd say there will be tonnes of mods to cover anything you'd wish for.

I have been playing the PC version since it came out in December, on Steam alone there are 42,199 items in the workshop.

They are meant to be implementing some from of online workshop for the PS4 version as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

In ter. S of low cost gaming headsets these have worked excellently for me for over a year and can often be got below £40 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01EAF3AK2?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

Parcel motel will complete the order for €3.95.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Pugzilla wrote: »
    Ignore headsets/headphones marketed as gaming headphones, tend to be overpriced and have poor sound quality. Cloud 2 is one of the few decent gaming headsets as it's based off a legit headphone, the Takstar Pro 80. Wireless headphones also have poor sound quality.

The Philips Fidelio X2 is a great value open back headphone with a sound profile well suited for gaming. Can be had for less than €200. Get a V Moda Boom Pro mic for it and you'll have a fantastic headphone that will work for gaming, movies and music.

Massdrop Mini Mic is cheaper & more universal.
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-mini-mic

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Massdrop Mini Mic is cheaper & more universal.
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-mini-mic

I was looking at that massdrop stuff, but then realised I'd have to pay custom charges.

Have many people used massdrop in Ireland? Any hassle with deliveries?

• Advertisement

Very good analysis of the spiritual successor to Burnout here:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Years late to the party, but bought a ps4 and a few of the must have exclusives - The last of us remastered, bloodborne, uncharted collection, uncharted 4.

anyway....

just finished The last of Us. - that was some ending. talk about leaving you feel conflicted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Just finished Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Much more enjoyable than Uncharted 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I just came across a thing called the "sonic Hedgehog Gene"

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-strange-history-of-how-a-gene-was-named-sonic-hedg-1691732678

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Skerries wrote: »

Ha, I had no idea that was real... It was the subject of one of the practicals in a cell biology module I did in college. Just assumed the lecturer made up the name in an attempt to look "cool". :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

UNCHARTED - Live Action Fan Film (2018) Nathan Fillion

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Whether it's a good movie or awful, there literally couldn't have been anyone better suited than Nathan Fillon, plus he basically played the character already on Firefly (albeit in a different setting).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Billy86 wrote: »
    Whether it's a good movie or awful, there literally couldn't have been anyone better suited than Nathan Fillon, plus he basically played the character already on Firefly (albeit in a different setting).
    Nolan North?

• That's Great work tbf

Played the character perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone else's gaming wallet gonna take a hammering over the next few months?

August -Walking Dead Season 4, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Guacamelee 2
    September - Spider-Man (possibly upgrade to PS4 Pro also), NBA Live 19, Life is Strange 2
    October - Red Dead Redemption 2

Throw in popular games like Fifa 19, new Tomb Raider, new Assassins Creed, Fallout: Fortnite edition, Black Ops 4, Battlefield V and it's gonna be an expensive few months for some folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,995 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »

September - Spider-Man (possibly upgrade to PS4 Pro also), NBA Live 19, Life is Strange 2

Throw in popular games like Fifa 19, new Tomb Raider, new Assassins Creed, Fallout: Fortnite edition, Black Ops 4, Battlefield V and it's gonna be an expensive few months for some folks.

Next year is going to be just as bad, especially February. And the thing is a lot of people would have purchased games by using mobile credit to purchase psn or Xbox credit but that’s long gone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It is a bad few months.

August - Shenmue I & II, Yakuza Kiwami 2, Deaths Gambit and World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth
    September - Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Dragon Quest XI,
    October - Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise, My Hero One's Justice, Soul Calibur VI and Red Dead Redemption 2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

For definite I'll be getting Forza Horizon 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2 on release. AC Odyssey is a maybe.

• Advertisement

I'll be picking up a PS4 either late this year or early next year with a good 6-8 of the major exclusive titles of the last 3 years or so (+ RDR2 if it is delayed on PC like GTAV, which is likely), so that's going to be a hit unto itself.

No NBA for me, but Madden makes it's return to PC after 10+ years so there's another. I kept holding out for Forza Horizon 3's price to drop yet it seems to hold it's value almost as much as GTAV did (either that I or just kept missing sales?) so might just get 4 off the bat.

Then there are a bunch of 2017 and early 2018 games like Divinity OS 2, RE7, Wolfenstein 2, Cuphead, Kingdom Come Deliverance, Vampyr and maybe a few others that I've had on the long finger for a while. Possibly Far Cry 5 as well though I'm on the fence there.

Though at least the new Fallout (so far) has approximately zero interest from me, same for any of the AC series or Black Ops/BFV so at least I'll be avoiding those.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thankfully the only game in that bunch that interests me is RDR and maybe Spiderman at some point when it eventually goes on sale. Though I probably will grab the Yakuza PC ports at some point but in no rush
    Back log is big enough as it is and there's loads of games I want to play from the last year or two too like Kindom Come and a few others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yeah, that list of upcoming games isn't great. I'll wait for Yakuza on PC, Valkyrie Chronicles and Dragon Quest XI are musts and the rest are Triple A boring that I'll ignore or wait for a sale.

Red Dead might tempt me. While the original was my favourite Rockstar game of last gen I still don't think it was as amazing as people say it was. However I much prefer the games of the Rockstar companies that aren't Rockstar North so this could surprise me, although open world games need to work hard to impress me since Breath of the Wild shook the genre up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So when did coding become so inefficient. Downloaded the mega man X legacy collections last night on steam. A front end, emulation wrapper and three snes roms and a PS1 iso should not be 6.8 GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Spider-Man and RDR2 are probably the only ones there I'll buy at launch. Still have Yakuza 1 & 6 to get through so I'll wait for a pricedrop on Yakuza 2. Assassin's Creed I'll probably just ask for as an Xmas present. LiS2, I still haven't finished the first one, think I only played the first 2 episodes, so again I'll probably wait for a price drop if I ever do complete the first one.

February/March is looking like it's going to be the priciest period for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jamesjackso1

It started hurting me when I started reading this post :P Wallet is crying in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

So when did coding become so inefficient. Downloaded the mega man X legacy collections last night on steam. A front end, emulation wrapper and three snes roms and a PS1 iso should not be 6.8 GB.
    Between the later X entries in the series and the rather large gallery of high res art, collection of English and Japanese game trailers for each of the games in the package and the 25min OVA of The Day of Sigma in 720p, the file size doesn't seem too surprising.

Was just annoyed I had to wait to get my Mega Man X fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Was just annoyed I had to wait to get my Mega Man X fix.
    How is the collection actually? Read mostly positive coverage from most sites and the Digital Eclipse releases have been solid so far so was crossing my fingers it was worth picking it up.

• Advertisement

Splitting the X collection for ps4 has rubbed me the wrong way. Capcom gave us the full package on ps2, they could've done it again.

Advertisement