Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General gaming discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Have you played the 1st? I played through a bit of the 1st bit found it to be a boring stealth game and gave up on it. Haven't had a good horror fix since Resi 7.

You should play more, it goes places, it isnt all like that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

gimli2112 wrote: »
    yeah I'm 1/2 way through the first and will finish it but the 2nd seems significantly superior, I'm on chapter 3. It's easier. I had concerns over the difficulty of the first and started it on casual which ruined it a bit. 2 seems a lot more creepy. I can't handle Resi 7, played the demo and it freaked me out.

wow wow wow woooooow!

You've half way through the first game and on chapter 3 in the second game?!?!

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?!?!?!? :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

RasTa wrote: »
    I'm never throwing away anything again.

DjM3cAyXoAACnOS.jpg

If you think about it though, all those used games/consoles are still being sold at much lower prices than original RRP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

None of those games should be worth that much either. It's just price gouging as that era of games has become popular with the disposable income crowd. All those games are popular and sold heaps of copies but are being sold at rarity prices.

A lot of those shops tend to sell popular games over the odds as they sell to the clueless masses while selling rarities at a discount compared to ebay. You wouldn't get those prices selling the likes of smash bros privately.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Playing a bit of La Mulana 2 which finally released a few years later than the kickstarter said. Really enjoying it so far although I'm not that far in it so I've yet to see if the puzzles are as insane as in the first game.

Good month for Metroidvania fans. La Mulana 2 released today. Dead Cells leaving early access, Chasm releasing tomorrow, Guacamelee 2, Death's Gambit and a free content update to Hollow Knight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,800 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Can get them for less than a tenner online. Or just download Project 64 and all the games for free.

I really don't get people obsession with clutter when you can all consoles and games at the click of a mouse on a PC.

Speaking of which think Ill start Zelda Twilight Princess today. Never played it first time out.

The Nal wrote: »
    I really don't get people obsession with clutter when you can all consoles and games at the click of a mouse on a PC.

It's because emulation is far from accurate, especially for 32 bit consoles and above like the PS1 and N64. There's exceptions like BSNES which attempts to be cycle accurate but a lot of emulation can be very dodgy outside of the popular games.

There's another method as well, flash drive CD drive replacements and carts like Everdrives. Means no clutter and you don't have to worry about dodgy emulation or the laser on old consoles failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,088 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just got email from Epic saying there were a load of unsuccessful attempts on my account. So I've set up 2 step now. But anyone else have this.
    I don't use it and only signed up when they gave away Shadow Complex.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,274 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just got email from Epic saying there were a load of unsuccessful attempts on my account. So I've set up 2 step now. But anyone else have this.
    I don't use it and only signed up when they gave away Shadow Complex.

Yeah it's been happening lots with epic accounts over the past few months.

Hackers looking for V-Bucks I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

DjM3cAyXoAACnOS.jpg

GBP90.00 for N64 Paper Mario? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fortnite, the all-consuming monster devouring all in its path...

https://www.mcvuk.com/business/fortnite-might-be-cannibalising-the-microtransaction-revenue-from-the-industrys-biggest-franchises

I can't remember a game catching on like this in a long time. People I know who have little to zero interest in games have been asking about it and trying it, even my parents were wondering what it is! Wonder how long the craze will last?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Passenger wrote: »
    GBP90.00 for N64 Paper Mario? :eek:

Seems to be the norm. £250 in a box on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 12,446 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I have become hipster about Fortnite
    I was following it for years and looking forward to playing but then all this hullaballoo and the change to a battle royale system put me righ off so only tried it for an hour and never went back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Insane prices for loose carts. If they were CIB maybe you could justify those numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

J. Marston wrote: »
    Fortnite, the all-consuming monster devouring all in its path...

https://www.mcvuk.com/business/fortnite-might-be-cannibalising-the-microtransaction-revenue-from-the-industrys-biggest-franchises

I can't remember a game catching on like this in a long time. People I know who have little to zero interest in games have been asking about it and trying it, even my parents were wondering what it is! Wonder how long the craze will last?

Like it or hate it, epic managed to make a fantastic business model, which is fair to players and makes a lot of money to epic.
    If you make fair F2P game and dont to try rob your players openly, it makes people spend more money. Wow. Who knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,800 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Insane prices for loose carts. If they were CIB maybe you could justify those numbers.

Must dig mine out and sell them. Have dozens. Loads of other original games across different platforms too. Right back to original Atari, C64 et al.

Had no idea there were so many suckers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Like it or hate it, epic managed to make a fantastic business model, which is fair to players and makes a lot of money to epic.
    If you make fair F2P game and dont to try rob your players openly, it makes people spend more money. Wow. Who knew.

Its so Weird, I remember back in the day, when the first Unreal game launched and it was being touted as the first proper contender to all the Id games. They didnt quite hit the mark on that one, but the unreal tournament games all grew into their own thing. I fell off on PC gaming then, but the Unreal engine was an ever present factor in loads and loads of the xbox 360 generation of titles. Then they just kind of went dark, with no killer, studio produced app to launch with the newest version of the unreal engine. Fortnite had been long talked about, but never seen outside of trade shows and it seemed like it was never going to see the light of day.

fast forward to a year ago, and they copy a gamemode from one of their licencees, and now we're in a cultural phenomena.

The game isn't for me, I'm just not a fan of the art style, but fair play to them for how quickly and often they make changes and additions to the game world. They've really managed to keep it fresh without totally ripping off the customer base.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Play Save The World , its the better version.

Also its really ****ing good.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The world needs a new Fight Night game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Its so Weird, I remember back in the day, when the first Unreal game launched and it was being touted as the first proper contender to all the Id games. They didnt quite hit the mark on that one, but the unreal tournament games all grew into their own thing. I fell off on PC gaming then, but the Unreal engine was an ever present factor in loads and loads of the xbox 360 generation of titles. Then they just kind of went dark, with no killer, studio produced app to launch with the newest version of the unreal engine. Fortnite had been long talked about, but never seen outside of trade shows and it seemed like it was never going to see the light of day.

fast forward to a year ago, and they copy a gamemode from one of their licencees, and now we're in a cultural phenomena.

The game isn't for me, I'm just not a fan of the art style, but fair play to them for how quickly and often they make changes and additions to the game world. They've really managed to keep it fresh without totally ripping off the customer base.

Plus you can play it on a potato. That's been the success of most extremely popular fps games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

J. Marston wrote: »
    The world needs a new Fight Night game.

Yep, I am delighted at least to be able to play fight night champion on backward compatibility. Online is still alive and kicking.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

playing evil within 2 drunk

Pros
    Lots of stuff is dead

Cons
    I have no bullets

playing evil within 2 drunk

Pros
    Lots of stuff is dead

Cons
    I have no bullets

Have you finished the first one yet?

nix wrote: »
    Have you finished the first one yet?

no
    who are you, my conscience
    :pac:

no
    who are you, my conscience
    :pac:

No, im the logic police, thou shalt not play a sequel to a game... thou hast not finished.....yet

To me it is completely insane to play a sequel to a game like that before you have finished the first one, especially when you already have the first one :confused:

It baffles my mind :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

nix wrote: »
    No, im the logic police, thou shalt not play a sequel to a game... thou hast not finished.....yet

To me it is completely insane to play a sequel to a game like that before you have finished the first one, especially when you already have the first one :confused:

It baffles my mind :pac:

From memory Gimli skips cutscenes so I guess in that case he'd be less confused playing the sequel than someone who watches the cutscenes.

From memory Gimli skips cutscenes so I guess in that case he'd be less confused playing the sequel than someone who watches the cutscenes.

giphy.gif

it's circle in EW2
    I don't know what's going on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

it's circle in EW2
    I don't know what's going on

You're an anarchist :eek::pac:

Advertisement