Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chromecast €25 in Maplin (normally €39)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭SteM

Description says generic/unbranded. Knock offs if say.

Knocks offs. Both Chromecast generations have 512 MB RAM whereas this has 256 MB RAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ColdTurkey

For anyone who doesn't have access to maplins. I got 2 chromecasts for €25 each in Harvey Norman's yesterday by showing them the maplins website on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

Anyone know of any online offers? Not near any Maplins it Harvey Norman’s and need 2, thanks

Edit: £23.95 inc delivery on Argos uk, none isn’t stock for Addresspal so had to use PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭adox

Wexy86 wrote: »
    Anyone know of any online offers? Not near any Maplins it Harvey Norman’s and need 2, thanks

Edit: £23.95 inc delivery on Argos uk, none isn’t stock for Addresspal so had to use PM

Did you try Google Play Syptkre in the UK? That’s where I got mine. £20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Wexy86 wrote: »

Not as cheap as Maplins, but if you're near an Argos store it's currently available for €29.
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4989581.htm?desktopSiteActive=true&_$ja=tsid%3A30390%7Cprd%3A8088783

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭Dermobrickie

Any Chromecast cast audios on offer?could do with a few of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Harvey Norman's lovely new flagship store only has ultra and audio. Now the cynical side of me wonders if these might suddenly reappear when Maplin's price goes back up.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Dannyman76 wrote: »
    Loved calling Harvey Norman on their price match guarantee, got one there for the Maplin price

Te one In Carrickmines refused.
    Manager told me that they can match other Harvey Norman stores !!!!!

Looks like travel to maplin for me.

Tom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Tom

Got it no problem in Nutgrove..

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dannyman76

Tom
    The girls on the till in Kinsale road confirmed the price online in seconds and matched the price. It shouldn't depend on the staff you deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Look like it does.

Anyhow will be around Blanch tomorrow so will go to Maplin there.
    But leaning forward fire stick as have a bit more to offer not just casting.

HN in Carrickmines was always place to go to see how some things look like to buy elsewhere.

Reg
    Tom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Tom
    The site does not say they match maplins, but saying they match only other HN stores?!

http://www.harveynorman.ie/corporate-information/best-price-guarantee.html

WE WILL MATCH OR BEAT

Currys
    PC World
    Powercity
    Argos
    DID Electrical
    Expert
    Euronics

Neither DID or Currys include maplins on their lists either. I think they used to be more vague, think it had to be a bricks n mortar shop. Maybe they have all been getting stung by the likes of maplins in the past. The DID & currys lists are very similar, tight little bunch of price fixers.

Maplin are €10 delivery so argos suits me better.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Dannyman76

rubadub wrote: »
    The site does not say they match maplins, but saying they match only other HN stores?!

http://www.harveynorman.ie/corporate-information/best-price-guarantee.html

WE WILL MATCH OR BEAT

Currys
    PC World
    Powercity
    Argos
    DID Electrical
    Expert
    Euronics

Neither DID or Currys include maplins on their lists either

Saw that too before I purchased, but they also say they'll match any store in Ireland as long as there's proof. The competitor has to have an actual store in Ireland which Maplin has.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭instinct

Hi I wonder has anyone seen these on offer anywhere? Looks like they are back to usual prices €35-39 euro

Sorry I didn't pick up a few when they were at 25.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

€4.01 off in Currys if any good to you.(€34.99)

http://www.currys.ie/Product/google-chromecst/334802/397.3.1

Might want to check stock levels with them.Daughter went looking for one today in Dundalk,none there or in Argos,Tesco or Maplins.Must have been a popular Christmas present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

instinct wrote: »
    Hi I wonder has anyone seen these on offer anywhere? Looks like they are back to usual prices €35-39 euro

Sorry I didn't pick up a few when they were at 25.

They seem to come down in price every so many months i think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭DopeTech

If you have any free stays in the parcel motel or free credit in your DPD parcel wizard account then...

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/chromecast-sausage-party-hd-rental-2299-rakuten-tv-2871629

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

Could anyon please confirm if you can cast from the Rte player and tv3 player (iOS ) to the new chrome cast ? I’ve heard unconfirmed reports that it works on Rte player not nothing confirmed

Only want to buy it for this purpose so would be great if anyone could confirm - TIA

Advertisement