Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Irish Water will respond to a Flooding Report

• 23-08-2017 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

In the unlikely event you are experiencing a flood on your on your property and you think the issue is on the Irish Water network, it is important that you make us aware of this as soon as possible. 

The best way to do this is to call our Customer Care Team on Callsave 1850 278 278 or +353 1 707 2828 (Lines open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week). 

Once we are aware of the incident, we will endeavour to reach your property within 4 hours.

For more information on what to do when dealing with a flood, please visit here.

Once the Irish Water Customer Care Team is notified of a customer flooding incident, we will seek to:

Visit your flooded property

Irish Water will visit your home as soon as possible, usually within 4 hours of the flood being reported. Please be aware that it can sometimes take longer, e.g., if we are prevented from reaching you by exceptional circumstances such as severe weather or a large number of reported flooding incidents.

Determine, if possible, the cause(s) of the flooding

Please be aware that Irish Water is not responsible for your internal plumbing or any flooding that relates to or originates from pipework that is not the responsibility of Irish Water. Surface water and storm water floods should be reported to your Local Authority.

Work to fix the cause of the flooding

If we think the flooding is due to an issue with pipework that is Irish Water’s responsibility, we will, if possible, work to resolve the flooding. This may involve carrying out on-site investigations in respect of the flooding. The Irish Water Customer Care Team will keep you updated during these on-site investigations.
    When Irish Water visits your home to inspect the cause of the flood or if we carry out works there it is not an admittance of any liability on our part. We will need to investigate the incident and the ultimate responsibility and liability will need to be determined. We will keep in touch with you throughout this process.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭patseeb

I have reported flooding issues via email at idrone terrace in blackrock between numbers 1-6(opposite side of the road and behind house number 2 on idrone lane,I’ve sent numerous emails with no response?

• Company Representative Posts: 254 Verified rep Irish Water: Agata

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear this.

Would you mind sending us a PM with the following details:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Contact number; and
    - Any relevant information

Thanks,
    Agata

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Aidan51

patseeb wrote: »
    I have reported flooding issues via email at idrone terrace in blackrock between numbers 1-6(opposite side of the road and behind house number 2 on idrone lane,I’ve sent numerous emails with no response?
    Hi Mariead,

I reported a flood several weeks ago (eircode R21TCN1) and have heard nothing since.  Flood is still there if course,.
    can you help at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Aidan51

Hi Agata,

I reported a flood/leak several weeks ago at eircode r32tcn1 and have no response. can irish water help at all?

• Company Representative Posts: 254 Verified rep Irish Water: Agata

Hi Aidan,

We can certainly look into this for you.

Please PM us with the following details:

- Name;
    - Address; and
    - Contact number

Thanks,
    Agata

• Advertisement
Advertisement