Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fiber broadband disaster by Eir

Options
  • 23-08-2017 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

I am having the worst customer experience of my life dealing with Eir.

It goes like this.

Ordered fiber broadband, told not available need to go through phone line so order set up.
    Engineer comes to house and says you have a fibre broadband line right outside your house so you can get that direct without phoneline. Eir says you need to cancel that wait 24 hours and place new order. 
    I do this last friday after spending 3 hours on the phone. 
    First the sales team say that a landline has to be installed first, after 2 hours i get put to loyalty team to Jade who asks me if i considered cancelling due to the issues. I say yes of course and then she tells me that I can in fact make an order for fiber broadband without having phone line installed. Suddenly its possible. I get cut off but ring back loyalty team and am assured that I have appointment for this friday for direct fiber broadband with no phone line install needed. 3 hours on the phone to get to this point. I kid you not. 

Due to the incompetence I have come across so far i decide to call today to confirm that appointment is for fiber broadband without landline being installed.

I REALLY CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT THEY TELL ME.
    After all that time on the phone last Friday they did not cancel order or create new order. 
    UNBELIVABLE.

They refuse to let me speak to a supervisor as they tell me they will tell me the same thing! 

So now I have the same appointment for phone line installation and unlimited NON FIBER broadband as I had the first day which the engineer came out and told me to cancel. 

Between being on hold and talking to loads of different people I have spend about 5 hours on the phone. 

In all my life I have never come across such a litany of mistakes. 
    Can someone please process what shoulod be a simple straightforward order for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭nino1

41 hours later and no reply. This is a great system 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

nino1 wrote: »
    41 hours later and no reply. This is a great system 
    It wouldn't matter even if they did reply, countless people on here having similar problems and they don't listen at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

No one from Eir has responded to anything on this thread since shortly after noon on Wednesday.  So much for being available Monday to Friday from 12-5.  But, as Doctor Jimbob says, it would make no difference anyway.  Replies are just scripted apologies and no discernible help, aside from platitudes.  

I actually feel quite sorry for the Eir reps - it's not as if they can do anything personally.  They have to grit their teeth and continue with the illusion of being a support service.  The things you have to do to make a buck ...

Eir,
    Are you waiting for my 14 days cooling off period to expire before replying?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Eir,
    Are you waiting for my 14 days cooling off period to expire before replying?
    Take the initiative - cancel now.  You can always reinstate the order, but you can't get back those 14 days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

It goes like this.

Ordered fiber broadband, told not available need to go through phone line so order set up.
    Engineer comes to house and says you have a fibre broadband line right outside your house so you can get that direct without phoneline. Eir says you need to cancel that wait 24 hours and place new order. 
    I do this last friday after spending 3 hours on the phone. 
    First the sales team say that a landline has to be installed first, after 2 hours i get put to loyalty team to Jade who asks me if i considered cancelling due to the issues. I say yes of course and then she tells me that I can in fact make an order for fiber broadband without having phone line installed. Suddenly its possible. I get cut off but ring back loyalty team and am assured that  I have appointment for this friday for direct fiber broadband with no phone line install needed. 3 hours on the phone to get to this point. I kid you not. 

Due to the incompetence I have come across so far i decide to call today to confirm that appointment is for fiber broadband without landline being installed.

I REALLY CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT THEY TELL ME.
    After all that time on the phone last Friday they did not cancel order or create new order. 
    UNBELIVABLE.

They refuse to let me speak to a supervisor as they tell me they will tell me the same thing! 

So now I have the same appointment for phone line installation and unlimited NON FIBER broadband as I had the first day which the engineer came out and told me to cancel. 

Between being on hold and talking to loads of different people I have spend about 5 hours on the phone. 

In all my life I have never come across such a litany of mistakes. 
    Can someone please process what shoulod be a simple straightforward order for me?
    Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your order and I sincerely apologise for the delay with my response. Can you PM me your account number and full name so I can check on this for you please?

- Adam

Any chance of a reply Adam?

Any chance of a reply Adam?
    I will respond to your PM shortly. 

-Adam 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sunrise250

It goes like this.

Yeah that's bad... . It seems it might not be unusual.

There's fiber right on the street outside our home (Ranafast, Co Donegal.) (We have been using an eir data dongle to supply the whole house for years as that has been the best solution at our location. Very poor.)

We ordered fiber installation from eir on Oct 9th soon after the new infrastructure went live; when we called up they claimed that fiber was not available to my location. I explained that my neighbors have it and I can see the box on the pole outside the house; they disputed the address I was giving them! Their data base indicated that my eir code was about 5km away! After about an hour on the phone they finally agreed that we could get it and said within 10 business days we'd have it. 10 business days later the installation guys arrive and say as the pole is across the street they'll need to install a pole by the lawn to get it to the house and it will take two weeks for that to happen; OK. They order the pole. Over two weeks passes and I ring up (20 minute call) and they say within FIVE more weeks *at the latest.* OK. 

Five weeks passes and no sign of the pole. We call up again (15 minute call) and they then say we'll have to wait another EIGHT weeks for this pole - January the 29th. No "at the latest" guarantee this time. That's just shy of 4 months since the order went in for fiber that's right outside the house.

Why should eir honour this new agreement having broken the previous agreements?

Meanwhile we're stuck with about 8 devices running off a slow dongle while there's high speed fiber outside the house!

Sunrise250 wrote: »

It goes like this.

Yeah that's bad... . It seems it might not be unusual.

There's fiber right on the street outside our home (Ranafast, Co Donegal.) (We have been using an eir data dongle to supply the whole house for years as that has been the best solution at our location. Very poor.)

We ordered fiber installation from eir on Oct 9th soon after the new infrastructure went live; when we called up they claimed that fiber was not available to my location. I explained that my neighbors have it and I can see the box on the pole outside the house; they disputed the address I was giving them! Their data base indicated that my eir code was about 5km away! After about an hour on the phone they finally agreed that we could get it and said within 10 business days we'd have it. 10 business days later the installation guys arrive and say as the pole is across the street they'll need to install a pole by the lawn to get it to the house and it will take two weeks for that to happen; OK. They order the pole. Over two weeks passes and I ring up (20 minute call) and they say within FIVE more weeks *at the latest.* OK. 

Five weeks passes and no sign of the pole. We call up again (15 minute call) and they then say we'll have to wait another EIGHT weeks for this pole - January the 29th. No "at the latest" guarantee this time. That's just shy of 4 months since the order went in for fiber that's right outside the house.

Why should eir honour this new agreement having broken the previous agreements?

Meanwhile we're stuck with about 8 devices running off a slow dongle while there's high speed fiber outside the house!
    Hi Sunrise250,

I have responded to your PM.

- Adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement