Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unplanned pregnancy advice needed !

Options
  • 23-08-2017 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello
    Hope he can give me some advice please.
    Some background first... I'm 38..own house.. ok job.
    I've been in 3 long term relationships over the past 15 years.. always tried for a baby..always wanted kids.. nothing happened I really thought I couldn't have kids .. I never medically got checked out but it was a feeling i had.. haven't been on the pill for years and never took it correctly so that's why I thought I couldn't have kids.
    I've only my 75yr old dad who I visit every day. Health isn't great. My mother died a few years ago.. no siblings.
    Few friends some married some single.

So I've been single since may.. and really enjoying it.. a bit too much to be honest. Slept with 2 guys this month.. no protected.. Totally my fault.. now I'm pregnant and don't no who the father is. I'm in regular contact with one but the other is young and has a child already and I don't think he even sees her.

What am I to do.. how can I have a child with absolutely no support.. now I don't mean financial but 24/7 on my own with a baby.. no help at all. I'm always on my own anyway.. I see friends the odd time only...

Now I know there are millions of women out there in my situation.. how do I do it tho? How can I even carry a child not knowing who the dad is...

I'm 4-5 weeks now so I really need to make up my mind fairly fast whether to have it or have a termination...

Advice would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I think you should talk to a crisis pregnancy agency, femplus in Blanchardstown, the IFPA, Help2Help, Well Woman, One Family and Marie Stopes are the non-biased ones that I know of, any others have an anti-abortion ethos.

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Agree with above, try and get to see a professional counsellor as soon as possible. In the meantime try not to panic, you do have time to think about it and come to your decision. These things genuinely have a way of working themselves out. No-one wants to bring up a child on their own but it's not the end of the world either.

I wish you all the very best whatever you decide.

I've just noticed your age and it's a huge decision at that age so please don't make a panic decision.

Advertisement