Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pedal The Peaks Pat Colgan Challenge

Options
  • 23-08-2017 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Thinking about riding this event on Sunday 27th Aug and will heading solo. Anyone with prior experience can advise what sort of numbers will be doing the 125km? Or comments in general from previous editions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Thinking about riding this event on Sunday 27th Aug and will heading solo. Anyone with prior experience can advise what sort of numbers will be doing the 125km? Or comments in general from previous editions.

Did it a couple of times, most recently last year after missing two-in-a-row (injury and away), and thought it was a great event - there was a really cool BBQ back at the finish...topped off a lovely day!
    The climbs fairly sort out the groups as you might expect, but for the lovely run down as far as Clonaslee there was a massive bunch tipping along at a really good pace, led out by Tullamore's riders.
    I'm not good at estimating numbers but I think there was maybe 200 or so at it. Blooms are a lovely spot, and not clutered full of cars everywhere :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Well run sportive, good feed after and some climbing = very good day out

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭andy69

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Thinking about riding this event on Sunday 27th Aug...

So did ye manage to make it over for the event?

I really enjoyed it - very well run sportive, and the big BBQ back at the finish was class :cool:

Was really lovely to see the little girl and her father at the start - he'd just donated his kidney to save her life and she was full of the joys, even there at the finish saying hello to everyone!

Not sure if anyone on here is from TCTC? Anyways, well done! Great marshalling and moto support all the way round. Lovely food stop there in Kinnity as well...even saw a gluten-free section as well :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Yes rode it in the end. Love the auld mountains and first time up the wolftrap and Glendine. Tullamore lad in the group warned me about the descent of Glendine but I still managed to overcook one of the bends, very technical.

Lead car, moto marshalls, static marshalls and signage made it very safe and went off without incident.

The BBQ was great and brown bread ice cream was a real novelty. Lovely event and all for a good cause, thanks to Tullamore CC.

Bravo TCTC great day out again this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭goldenboots

Great event again by TCTC today. Marshalling and signage spot on and nice burger at end. Love the route as it's a great challenge. The descent of Glendine is a bit hairy though. Wouldn't like to do it in the wet.

If the 'Slow' sign 1km from top of Glendine was for cyclists, it wasn't needed!! Maybe it should say 'Slower' :D

Any pics?

Advertisement