Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE - Pre-placement Health Assessment Form - Clerical

Options
  • 23-08-2017 7:33pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 18

Hey all,

Im not even sure if this is the correct way to post but here goes. i am currently filling out the above form for occupational health. They ask how many sick days i have had in the last 2 years. i asked my boss for the details as i wanted to have it accurate in case they ask her the same thing when requesting a reference.
    Unfortunately my boss is sour about me leaving so she has put every single day down including 4 half days over the 2 years where i went home sick. in total i've had approx 20 days on 11 occasions.
    Can anyone tell me is this a lot? Also will they hold this against me and will it effect my application?
    I am well up the panel and would hate this to stand in my way.
    Any advise or knowledge of occupational health would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

You might be better asking in work & jobs. Do you mind me asking is this for the Donegal panel?

If you would like me to move the thread to work & jobs just shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

20 days in 11 occasions sounds a lot.

If you take the 4 days in 2 years where you had to go home out of it (I would) then it's more palatable. That's 18 days in 7 occasions. If you divide it by 2 then it's 9 days in 3 or 4 occasions per year.

I don't know if they use the Bradford Score but if they do, then instances are worse than days off. Google it to see the calculator.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sol77

Hi
    I received garda clearance on Monday and have heard nothing, since is this normal?

Advertisement