Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to make in an Actifryer

• 23-08-2017 7:58pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I recently picked up an actifryer on offer (very much an impulse buy).

So far we've used it for:
    • Homemade chips (roosters chopped with the recommended 0.5 spoon of oil / 500g) (Not amazing, will use a lot more oil next time)
    • Spud chopped into cubes with paprika and black pepper (~500g spud to 1tbsp oil plus seasoning stirred into oil)
    • Frozen wedges (very nice, weirdly fluffier than the oven)
    • Quorn chicken dippers (coating mostly fell off... still edible)
    • Frozen chips (Aldi green bag, as recommended in the airfryer thread. Also nice and fluffier than the oven)
    • Baby potatoes in garlic butter (halved, then garlic butter thrown in on top and put on for 30 mins)

I'm thinking about roasting some nuts in it soon (as recommended in the airfryer thread), and some frozen battered onion rings.
    At some point I will try sausages in it, and sweet potatoes, but as my vegetarian other half appreciates neither, i'll be waiting a while.

Any recommendations on other things to cook in an Actifryer? (with a strong interest in vegetarian stuff) They seem to be very much a spud machine.

Oh, and how much liquid can you actually put in them. This one has a pretty shallow hole in it (the 1kg basic model), but if the paddle has an ok seal, maybe it's not *that* risky...

Oh oh, it says not to add salt at the beginning, but how strict is that? Would garlic salt at the beginning be an issue (eg, my spud cubes done in the oven get paprika, garlic salt, blackpepper at the start, or my roasters get a sprinkling of kukarek). It seems to be surviving the dishwasher well, so is salt *that much* of a problem?

Comments

Advertisement