Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furniture and house supplies

• 23-08-2017 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

I'm moving to a new apartment on Saturday and need a few things, such as flat packed furniture, maybe wardrobes, bedside lockers, shelving, kitchen utensils etc.

What would be the best store in Limerick to get most/all of these things at a relatively low cost.

Trying to use Argos as a last resort, they're expensive and not many people realize it

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Guineys often have stuff from other shops. I know someone bought two beside lockers in there and when she got them home found Dunnes Stickers on them. Guineys were half the Dunnes price. Think it's like a TK Maxx situation, end of season stuff etc.

I haven't seen much furniture in there recently but worth a look if passing. They also do kitchen ware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

If you're on a tight budget try Shannon Furniture at the top of William Street or there's a place in the Clondrinagh Industrial Estate that for the life of me I can't think of their name but they are reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

If you're on a tight budget try Shannon Furniture at the top of William Street or there's a place in the Clondrinagh Industrial Estate that for the life of me I can't think of their name but they are reasonable.

Arramount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

Irish Wolf wrote: »
    Arramount?

That's it, thank you.

There a local guy that does an ikea run every so often if thats any use

http://www.ikealimerick.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

Thanks all, I might try a few of those, I might also try Homestore and More towards the Parkway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Argos stuff is utter rubbish. Got a desk in there as a stop gap for a few months and it literally fell apart when we moved it. I dismantled it for firewood and it was as easy to just pull it apart than still the screws out.

Advertisement