Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAP Query

Options
  • 23-08-2017 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

So I'm having a bit of difficulty at the moment with a potential rental.
    I've found a landlord who is willing to take me and a sibling on HAP for their apartment. The apartment is going for just under €1500.
    However, I was told that because I'm only on Disabilty of €188 a week, the max rental I could probably accept would be €1200.

A relative abroad is aware of how hard it is for us to find a place to rent in this housing crisis, so has agreed to make the top up monthly for 3 years at least. However, when I stated this to the council today, one representative told me the top up would be taxed anyway, so my application still wouldn't get approved, while another representative told me to make an additional agreement with the landlord to pay the top up in full to him direct.

I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on if I should accept the rental. It's the third place we have been accepted for with HAP in 6 months, and it's getting frustrating not knowing the true story.

In addition, do you think it's sustainable for us to rent this place out? My sibling will also be getting SUSI, and we have agreed to use part of that if necessary, and my sibling will also be looking for part time work.

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

justinnnx - closing your thread here- as you've cross posted it in the 'State Benefits' forum.
    Please familiarise yourself with their forum charter.
    Best of good luck with finding a solution to your situation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement