Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BUS AND RAIL spam

Options
  • 24-08-2017 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭

Can something be done about the cretin spamming the transport threads with BUS AND RAIL spam.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well each new account is dealt with as soon as they're spotted and rarely last more than a few minutes, so I'm not really sure what else you want done. However if you have any suggestions we'd be happy to hear them. For us it's a simple matter of deleting and banning, but for users of the forum we appreciate that it probably is a right pain having the flow of discussions interrupted by an idiot who has just discovered the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Its one of those who had their posts deleted. Track the IP and it will be one of them. They may not have hidden that yet. The posting style is going to be similar to one of those posters.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

For us it's pretty easy to spot them, very often accounts get banned before they've ever had a chance to use them. Obviously I'm not going to go into detail here about how we do that or what measures are being taken to deal with this idiot, but believe me we're as bored with him now as you are and don't want him around either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Sound.

I've created an email filter now to catch and delete these.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to add, for anyone looking for further information, Niamh made this post in the forum this evening with some comments on the disruption this idiot is causing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement