Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Appealing LC results - Q&A, Discussion (Important info in first post) **

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭daraghwal

An error was made when totalling the marks for one of my questions. I have filled in form AP1 etc. and my paper will receive immediate attention outside the appeals process. Does anyone know when they get back to me about it and tell me if they've brought me up a grade, giving me the opportunity to go ahead with a full appeal or get refunded?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

daraghwal wrote: »
    An error was made when totalling the marks for one of my questions. I have filled in form AP1 etc. and my paper will receive immediate attention outside the appeals process. Does anyone know when they get back to me about it and tell me if they've brought me up a grade, giving me the opportunity to go ahead with a full appeal or get refunded?

I remember reading examinations.ie and it said that you may need to appeal because you don't hear back from the AP1 form until after the appeals close.

Liordi wrote: »
    I remember reading examinations.ie and it said that you may need to appeal because you don't hear back from the AP1 form until after the appeals close.

Yes, I have payed for a formal appeal etc. as the SEC must have appeal forms tomorrow, but on the form about rectification outside the appeals process it said I will be afforded the opportunity to appeal or not depending on the outcome of the process outside the appeal. It does not say a time and I'm just wondering do people here know from past experiences when this would be?

Yes, I have payed for a formal appeal etc. as the SEC must have appeal forms tomorrow, but on the form about rectification outside the appeals process it said I will be afforded the opportunity to appeal or not depending on the outcome of the process outside the appeal. It does not say a time and I'm just wondering do people here know from past experiences when this would be?

Anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Anyone?

Usually 3 weeks from the tues they are sent back (Tues after viewing)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 oscillation

Has anyone any idea when the results of the appeals will be available? How are we given them? Do we have to go into the school to receive them like the Leaving Cert results? I've looked around for these answers but can't seem to find any.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Has anyone any idea when the results of the appeals will be available? How are we given them? Do we have to go into the school to receive them like the Leaving Cert results? I've looked around for these answers but can't seem to find any.

It's usually the wednesday of the second week of october. You can get them in the school that day, and I think if you still have your pin you can login and get them online.

So I'd be guessing at 11th October, but possibly the 18th.

Has anyone got back anything from the 'seeking rectification outside the appeals process' thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭LC2017

Should we expect them tomorrow?

LC2017 wrote: »
    Should we expect them tomorrow?

Yes

• Advertisement

Do they send them into the school the same as the results or what way does it work? Will there be another sheet with all the results together on it? Can I use the same pin from the LC to just look at them online?

Do they send them into the school the same as the results or what way does it work? Will there be another sheet with all the results together on it? Can I use the same pin from the LC to just look at them online?

You can use the same pin to view them online.

The sheet with your results comes to the school like in August. Only the subjects you appealed are listed. The subject will be listed with the grade. It will either say Upgraded, Downgraded or No change beside the grade.

If my points do go up, are CAO offers immediately given out or is there a specific date for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

If my points do go up, are CAO offers immediately given out or is there a specific date for that?

I want to know that aswell, also I got an upgrade where do I go to get my 40E ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 DubStudent365

I don't have my online info will I receive the updates in the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭bob11

Did you log in online to get results ? is it just the same screen as before with the result changes, or does it say appealed result is xx

bob11 wrote: »
    Did you log in online to get results ? is it just the same screen as before with the result changes, or does it say appealed result is xx

I rang my school, as I forgot my pin.

Offers if there are any will be out tomorrow, you can log into your CAO account to check.

I presume it's refunded through your bank, i don't really know because I rarely meet the students who are upgraded, they are in college at that stage. You don't have to apply for it though.

Offers if there are any will be out tomorrow, you can log into your CAO account to check.

Trinity just told me it would be Friday, might be specific to them though. Either way I'm hopeful!:D

Anyone got any offers yet, do they still send out offers even if the course if full i.e. inform you about possibility of next year ?.
    Also do you have to ring the uni yourself or all done by cao.

• Advertisement

Anyone got any offers yet, do they still send out offers even if the course if full i.e. inform you about possibility of next year ?.
    Also do you have to ring the uni yourself or all done by cao.
    Just got an email from CAO, offers will be out 6am tomorrow, AFAIK it's all done by CAO

Just got an email from CAO, offers will be out 6am tomorrow, AFAIK it's all done by CAO

Did you email them yourself or they sent you an email about that.

Did you email them yourself or they sent you an email about that.
    I emailed to ask

Just rang sec and they told me you wont get your successful appeal upgrades untill december. I was told to contact my schol then.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Just rang sec and they told me you wont get your successful appeal upgrades untill december. I was told to contact my schol then.
    Do you mean refunds as result of upgrades, TYPO?

Do you mean refunds as result of upgrades, TYPO?

Was typing on the phone so forgot that, yes that what I meant, thanks randy.

Didn't get any offers, I was a small number of points short, so was hoping for a bit of luck anyways. Hopefully next year it work out. How did everyone else get on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭padraigmck

Didn't get any offers, I was a small number of points short, so was hoping for a bit of luck anyways. Hopefully next year it work out. How did everyone else get on ?

Got my 1st choice so now I don't have to repeat anymore, absolutely delighted

Has anyone any idea when we get the money back? Been a while now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭padraigmck

Has anyone any idea when we get the money back? Been a while now
    My school sent out the Money there last week, maybe give your school a ring next week when everyone is back

Advertisement