Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media: Bank of Ireland pull ludicrous twitter add after furious backlash

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

I see this ad from the point of view of a parent of grown children. I suppose I'm lucky in one sense that 2 of them are currently independent enough and one of them I'm still half supporting by providing accommodation out the back of the family home. She pays for everything else herself.

I would personally find it a nightmare for any or all of them to decide to move back to save for a deposit especially with a partner.

I raised the 3 of them on my own and I feel my job is done, it's time for peace and quiet. I don't want the hassle of other people living with me, if I did I'd have a house-share. There's a time to cut the apron strings and let them go, sink or swim. If they have been brought up correctly they will survive.

To people who say it's THEIR family home to go home to if they want, no it's not, it's your parents home that they put blood sweat and tears into and whether or not you go back there should be their decision and theirs alone without this kind of bull**** ad.

myshirt wrote: »
    The plain fact is such is the recent history of Ireland, there has to be a rebalancing, CAT will need to go up and thresholds down, and that money ringfenced for others. .

How many times are you going to repeat this and not realise its total rubbish. As I've said before and you ignored, CAT thresholds look like being increased and the tax reduced and this is exactly what should happen (exactly the opposite of your crazy suggestions).

On what planet do you think its fair to "ringfence" the money a family has for someone else, its absolutely bizarre even the suggestion has be absolutely fuming every time I read it. Parents should be able to give money to their children to give their children the best possible life, no one else in the country should have a single ounce of entitlement towards it. Its bad enough as things are with such a small parent to child threshold never mind the crazy low group B and C thresholds along with the rate of tax that can only be described as extortion.

As I said before your opinions on this are the equivalent of a child in the play ground breaking another child's toy because they can't have a similar toy. Some people get help buying their house, others don't. This is not and never will be a reason to take from the person who can. You basically want to make life harder for certain people, I just can't understand such an opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

....... wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I know it will never happen but the fact there are people who think this way annoys me greatly.

Advertisement