Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money transfered in error

Options
  • 24-08-2017 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Hi Team,

I had 2 loan accounts that I managed to pay off, but I forgot to cancel the Direct Debit.
    Now the money has transfered to the Loan accounts in error, and Id like it moved back to my current account.

Can you tell me how I can do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Hi Jane,

I think you replied to the wrong post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi whitelightrider,

Im so sorry about that!

In relation to your query, can you tell me were your loans BOI loans and did they have standing order's set up for the repayments?

Apologies again!

Thanks,
    Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Hi Jane,

I think you have replied on the wrong thread.

Hi whitelightrider,

Im so sorry about that!

In relation to your query, can you tell me were your loans BOI loans and did they have standing order's set up for the repayments?

Apologies again!

Thanks,
    Jane.
    No problem at all Jane :)
    Yes they were BOI Term Loans and there were standing orders set up for them.  I cant seem to cancel them through my Banking 365 though

Hi whitelightrider,

Thanks for the reply. :o

If you made account transfers to them through your 365 online profile, there may have been some interest outstanding.

In this case, the Standing orders would have still presented to the loan accounts. Once the loans have been closed off, the balance of the Standing Order payments will be returned to your Current account and the Standing Orders will be cancelled by the lending department.
    We'll also send you a closing balance statement for both loan accounts.

You wont be able to cancel them yourself as they were connected to a BOI product.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again,
    Jane.

• Advertisement

Thanks Jane.  Is there a timeframe as to when the money would be returned to my account and the loan accounts closed?

You're very welcome whitelightrider,

Typically, once the payment hits the loan account, it takes one business day for it to be closed off. Any balance due to be returned form the Standing Order payments would be sent back to your current account within three days from then.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Jane.

Thanks a million Jane

Advertisement