Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring of Kerry Cycle - Wrong Way Round / Hard Way Round

Options
  • 24-08-2017 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Ticket available for Ring of Kerry Cycle - Wrong Way Round / Hard Way Round event taking place this weekend, Sat 26th August.

Starting point is Gleneagle Hotel, Killarney at 07:30 am.
    Free breakfast also available at hotel from 07:00 am onwards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ciaeim

igilvarry wrote: »
    Ticket available for Ring of Kerry Cycle - Wrong Way Round / Hard Way Round event taking place this weekend, Sat 26th August.

Starting point is Gleneagle Hotel, Killarney at 07:30 am.
    Free breakfast also available at hotel from 07:00 am onwards.

Free breakfast not likely. Glenragle take their expenses out of entry fee. This event is too commercial by the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Did it myself yesterday and struggling to see what was "commercial" about it TBH. I thought it was a well organised, fun event. Had a great, challenging cycle and met a bunch of nice people to boot. That's all that matters IMO.

Tempted to try the hard way round next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Had a terrific day doing the wrong way around yesterday, despite all of the midges climbing molls gap :eek:. Fair dues to the few who braved the hard way around, I know those climbs and it's a brute.
    Very well organised, More than enough water stops to keep us going and plenty of grub to get us around and the stewarding was spot on. The support vehicles were kept busy attending to punctures. Arrived back in Killarney just in time for the match and picked up a hard earned fine hefty medal. I would definitely do it again next year. Thanks to all involved for a very worthy cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Did the hard way around, some of those climbs were fairly brutal alrite! The one on the headland with the switchbacks that hit 30% in particular! Got around the 180km course in 7 hours which I was delighted with. Didn't enjoy the main road so much, loud fast moving and at times aggressive traffic was a huge contrast to the quiet idillyc backroads. I'd a great day tho it's was perfect and a real pleasure to cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I did hard way round , I knew I was a bit cheeky as I hadn't done enough training , I live around here and most of my training would be around glencar and I'd never not get up them two bitches for hills . how gutted was I to be a local and failed to get up Ballaghisheen . I broke my record for climbing that hill this year after years and years climbing it.

After lunch I put on a good run and even finished 17 mins quicker than 2015 , my last run . I'm going to have to return this weekend to climb ballaghisheen tho , I just feel dirty .

• Advertisement
Advertisement