Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martial art club

Options
  • 24-08-2017 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi everyone,

Let me explain quickly, I've been practicing a martial art for a few years in France and moved to Ireland for work. Now that I'm here, I'd like to give some lessons. At the moment I have a few colleagues I train with in parks but other people want to join, but in the case where someone is injured I guess that I am liable for that.

Thus my questions :
    1. Can/should I make people sign a waiver of liability in my name for the practice of the martial art? Would this have any value without having a structure and be enough for an outside practice?

2. Should I create a structure? If yes, which kind? (Knowing that I don't ask for any money, we have a special kind of association in France for that (law on associations 1901, but here I don't know, non-profit organization?)

Any other advice is very welcome
    Thank you!

Advertisement