Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text message from Arvato relating to Eir account

Options
  • 24-08-2017 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Why am I receiving a text message from Arvato in relation to my eir account which has no outstanding payment due?!
    As per other customers on the link below
    https://community.eir.ie/billing-3/chased-by-debt-collectors-due-to-eircom-error-267531

We recently moved house, but are still Eir customers, bills from both our old account and new account are up to date and the modem was returned so could someone tell me why a debt collection agency has been passed my details?!!!

This is absolutely outrageous and completely unacceptable from Eir and I want it dealt with IMMEDIATELY!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Any eir reps working today???

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If it's urgent, I would call. The response time is on average, 14 hours here. 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

MarkR wrote: »
    If it's urgent, I would call. The response time is on average, 14 hours here. 

Their phone lines aren't working today apparently

Can I get a reply please!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Why am I receiving a text message from Arvato in relation to my eir account which has no outstanding payment due?!
    As per other customers on the link below
    https://community.eir.ie/billing-3/chased-by-debt-collectors-due-to-eircom-error-267531

We recently moved house, but are still Eir customers, bills from both our old account and new account are up to date and the modem was returned so could someone tell me why a debt collection agency has been passed my details?!!!

This is absolutely outrageous and completely unacceptable from Eir and I want it dealt with IMMEDIATELY!!
    Hi,

Sorry to hear that you're receiving these text messages. Can you PM me the account number that these texts are in relation to and your full name so I can check on this for you please?

- Adam

• Advertisement

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi,

Sorry to hear that you're receiving these text messages. Can you PM me the account number that these texts are in relation to and your full name so I can check on this for you please?

- Adam

That's sent Adam

I'm just perplexed as to why I've received no communication from Eir before this 'debt' was handed over to a third party?!
    Surely you weren't sending letters to the house I've moved out of?? After I've booked a moving home package with Eir, changed addresses and kept the same phone number??!

I've received no emails from eir either, but Arvato are able to contact me via email and mobile phone! Despite the fact I didn't authorise Eir to pass on my details to a third party?!

Cherrycola wrote: »
    Hi,

- Adam

That's sent Adam

I'm just perplexed as to why I've received no communication from Eir before this 'debt' was handed over to a third party?!
    Surely you weren't sending letters to the house I've moved out of?? After I've booked a moving home package with Eir, changed addresses and kept the same phone number??!

I've received no emails from eir either, but Arvato are able to contact me via email and mobile phone! Despite the fact I didn't authorise Eir to pass on my details to a third party?!
    I'll go through my PM's today and I'll be back in touch with an update for you ASAP. Accounts get passed on to debt collection agencies automatically if there is an overdue balance on a closed account, however, I'll check on your PM and have a look into these charges for you.

- Adam

I'll go through my PM's today and I'll be back in touch with an update for you ASAP. Accounts get passed on to debt collection agencies automatically if there is an overdue balance on a closed account, however, I'll check on your PM and have a look into these charges for you.

- Adam

As discussed in PM, it turns out my closed account is actually in credit, so how it managed to be sent to Arvato in the first place is beyond me! But that aside, even if it had been overdue, why is Eirs first port of call not the customer?!
    As I've said, I've received no communication at all from Eir in relation to this, which seems to be pretty bad form to say the least!
    How can a customer aim to settle an overdue account with the service provider if they are not told the account is overdue, and are then harassed by a debt collection agency through no fault of their own!?

I think I'll have to make a complaint to Comreg about this, if it makes any difference, as it's extremely bad customer service.

Hi Cherrycola, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

I will respond to PM shortly apologises for the delayed response. 

-Adam 

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

This also happened to me in relation to an invoice for a modem I had returned? Completely unacceptable

• Advertisement

bigpoppa wrote: »
    This also happened to me in relation to an invoice for a modem I had returned? Completely unacceptable
    Hi there,

Did you get this sorted or are you still experiencing this issue?

- Adam

Advertisement