Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vuelta 2017, Stage 6 :Villareal to Sagunto 204.4 km

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,518 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If only Nico could deploy this media cloak of invisibility to some sort of tactical effect...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Betencur on the other hand lost 12 minutes and had to go to hospital

Did you see Nicolas Roche havea real go at a guy by the road who pushed Betencur up the hill (when only Betencur, Tejay, Contador, Froome and 2 from the breal left and Nico...even Chaves was dropped at that stage) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

What happened to betancur? Saw photos of him with his mouth bandaged and stuffed with cotton wool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

He came down with Tejay by all accounts......

I presume it is this clip that Nico was giving out about

https://youtu.be/Qp4HsjyRpFk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Keeks wrote: »
    He came down with Tejay by all accounts......

I presume it is this clip that Nico was giving out about

https://youtu.be/Qp4HsjyRpFk

That is not the clip...The one Nico reacted to was near the top of the final climb when only 5/6 GC guys left

And it was a Movistar staffer pushing Betencur...looks like he was doing it in your clip as well

But anyway Betencur is out of the Vuelta with facial injuries from his crash with TJ

What took TJ off there??? Still confused about that one, there were Astana and AG2R riders down at that same spot sat at the side of the road when that happened. Betencur did land badly there but they'll likely still look for the swiss francs for the push later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Thud

What took TJ off there???

Dust on road supposedly

It seems that Tejay hit some rough surface on the road and his hands came off the handlebars..

• Advertisement

Thud wrote: »
    Dust on road supposedly

I think that was the second excursion at the roundabouts......I just think he got distracted coming through all the cars

Distracted is probably not the right word to use but close enough

Advertisement