Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brand Name Registering

Options
  • 24-08-2017 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    just looking for some guidance advice.I want to register my Daughters Name as a Brand/Trade name.I just wondering if some one could point me in the right direction and give a idea of cost.
    She is only done her leaving cert this year but she is always talking of setting up her own business some day.I want to surprise her and spur her on to acheive her dream.

Thanking you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Ladybird37

https://www.cro.ie/registration/business-name

This may help. €40 for paper filing of registered name or €20 for electronic filing.

P.S I think it's a great idea, you sound like a lovely Dad.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Registration of a business name is obligatory if any individual or partnership (whether composed of individuals or bodies corporate or any combination of both) or any body corporate carries on business under a name other than their own true names. Its purpose is to make public the identities of those individual(s), partnerships or corporate bodies being the legal entity behind the business name.

Will the CRO did accept a registration for Young Ladybird37 Trading as Young Ladybird37?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Registering a business name doesn't protect it.
    If you want to protect it you'd need to look at trademark registration, but you cannot register a trademark until you're ready to use it in "trade"

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

There are two types of trade mark, registered and unregistered. In both cases you need to establish use in actual trade. Unregistered cost nothing but registered can cost many thousands depending on the geographical scope in which you seek registration. A totally charming but rather misguided idea , I fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Thanks for the replies guys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement