Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The reaction from arsenals fans if we signed Sanchez would be hilarious I think a cheeky offer would be well worth it to test there resolve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

brinty wrote: »
    That's fair enough and apologies Stu

Stu is one of best posters on this thread thingy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Spurs Wembley hoodoo continues :D Burnley Equalise in the 92nd min

astradave wrote: »

Stop game not over yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

jayo26 wrote: »
    Stop game not over yet.

Now it is the curse continues

• Advertisement

How bad more points gained on London teams.

#Wengerin

Ffs

I picked spurs for herself as she's in the last man standing in work

No sex tonight

City hosting pool after international break so someone going drop points there aswell we just need to get as many points on the board again we play all them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I hope that Shaw and Darmian are back fit and in contention for the game at Anfield in mid-October. Mo Salah will potentially tear Daley Blind's soul from his body, Mahrez almost did it at one stage yesterday.

I think Darmian is fit at the moment actually - I would have him in the team over Blind at LB anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Another August passes.

Another August Kane dosnt score in.

Who gets dropped though if we sign Sanchez?

Play Sanchez left wing, Mhiki central and Rashford/Martial right wing.

Or leave it as is and Play Rashford/Martial left wing, Mhiki right wing and Sanchez behind Lukaku.

**** it, lets just sign him. £60m will get him.

Choo Choo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Spurs could be in for a really rough season, can see an early CL exit and a 6th or 7th place finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Another August passes.

Another August Kane dosnt score in.

Who gets dropped though if we sign Sanchez?

Play Sanchez left wing, Mhiki central and Rashford/Martial right wing.

Or leave it as is and Play Rashford/Martial left wing, Mhiki right wing and Sanchez behind Lukaku.

**** it, lets just sign him. £60m will get him.

Choo Choo
    I'd drop mata for him. Same as i figure we'd have done or will do for Griezmann

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I'd drop mata for him. Same as i figure we'd have done or will do for Griezmann

Yh he is the easiest player to drop. No point getting our hopes up. We aint going to sign him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd adore Sanchez, but he seems to have his heart set on the reunion with Pep. I think he chooses City over us if he gets the chance to leave.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd adore Sanchez, but he seems to have his heart set on the reunion with Pep. I think he chooses City over us if he gets the chance to leave.

I'd still like us to force the choice.

I'd still like us to force the choice.

So would I. But United won't be public about it, especially if it means losing a transfer battle with a rival,like City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Ffs

I picked spurs for herself as she's in the last man standing in work

No sex tonight

#docsbeard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Said it at the time, we should have signed salah.

bangkok wrote: »
    Said it at the time, we should have signed salah.

This around the same time you said fellaini was not good enough to be a United squad player.

Salah is a good player and he will probably have a good season for pool but I would leave it until end of season and judge what's what then we see how good he is after 30 odd games or so into the season and a bit of fatigue sets in and one or two players out inured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

This around the same time you said fellaini was not good enough to be a United squad player.

Salah is a good player and he will probably have a good season for pool but I would leave it until end of season and judge what's what then we see how good he is after 30 odd games or so into the season and a bit of fatigue sets in and one or two players out inured.

Breath jayo

• Advertisement

Didnt get to see any footie today, but
    Arsenal lost 4-0
    my monday looks a lot better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Arsenal lost 4-0

For that to happen Liverpool had to win 4-0,swings and roundabouts...

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    For that to happen Liverpool had to win 4-0,swings and roundabouts...

Your not stuck with 3 arsenal lads all day :)

With inter at the time looking for 48m for perisic we could have signed salah for 10m less and he is probably a better player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Arsenal lost 4-0

Same old Arsenal fam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Your not stuck with 3 arsenal lads all day :)

They're Arsenal lads, you can be guaranteed they'll leave early.

Glazers Out!

With inter at the time looking for 48m for perisic we could have signed salah for 10m less and he is probably a better player

What makes you think he would want to join us?

He's a totally different type of player, I expect you know that though

He's a totally different type of player, I expect you know that though

Yep a much better one :)

• Advertisement

Yep a much better one :)

1290165886_rsd4rn.gif

Not been mentioned but another MOTM for Pogba yesterday

So much ahead of him. Hope this club keep this talent for a long time.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not been mentioned but another MOTM for Pogba yesterday

So much ahead of him. Hope this club keep this talent for a long time.

Class player

The Star saying Barca are preparing a £185m bid for Rashford :pac:

150 million plus messi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Also says we have bid £92 million for Bale.

The Mirror says Jones is a doubt for the internationals.
    Maybe a blessing in disguise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

Let's bask in this going into International Break :D

https://twitter.com/premierleague/status/901935876128874497

"Only one 100% record remains in the #PL..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We have won the August Premier League Trophy:pac:

Some morning waffle to enjoy with the coffee:

"Manchester United have launched a £92million bid for Gareth Bale.
    That’s according to Spanish outlet Don Balon." (Who da fook are them guys)

"Barcelona are preparing an audacious bid to sign Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford if Luis Suarez leaves next summer.
    Spanish outlet Don Balon claim Barcelona are ready to start afresh next summer by making an audacious bid to sign Marcus Rashford as part of their new look attack."

^@ Barca....
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

rashford will not go, tso thats bull****, united gave up on bale, he plays left so overloaded already, griezeman is our next signing but even then that position is packed, would hate to see mata leave tbh, one of the few bright signs during the bad days

rashford will not go, tso thats bull****, united gave up on bale, he plays left so overloaded already, griezeman is our next signing but even then that position is packed, would hate to see mata leave tbh, one of the few bright signs during the bad days

Bale has played central, and right, plenty of times for Spurs, Real Madrid and Wales. Him powering down the right and cutting in onto his left to shoot is a very viable tactic and weapon.

Talk of a few clubs going in for Lemar again this week - but you have to think Monaco will fight tooth and nail to keep him given all the other sales. United should be offering to match any bid accepted for him though. Versatile and a great crosser.

LOLtastic talk that Arsenal are willing to pay Asensio's release fee too - no chance he would leave Madrid for them BUT that is another one United should be all over if there is even a hint he would be willing to leave Madrid this summer. Again, I don't think he would be - but United should be making sure we are in the hunt for him, just in case.

Have to think Sanchez's team will be pushing hard to get him out of Arsenal. Another player we should be doing all we can to sign, if there is a chance of him leaving. He may prefer to sign for City over us, but we should be forcing him to make the choice, if he is leaving, rather than just accepting defeat without a bid.

• Advertisement

Is lemar right or left footed? I would love a united team that could quickly cross from either side, woul;d love for sdhaw to finally prove himself. I remember the days of irwin giggs, neville beckham crossing from everywhere, was great to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Is lemar right or left footed? I would love a united team that could quickly cross from either side, woul;d love for sdhaw to finally prove himself. I remember the days of irwin giggs, neville beckham crossing from everywhere, was great to watch

I'd prefer a United team that pretty much gave up on the early crosses altogether tbh. It doesn't work.

He's left footed, plays mainly on the left but can play on the right or thru the middle. According to L'Equipe this morning Liverpool bid 72m+8m bonus for him

He's left footed, plays mainly on the left but can play on the right or thru the middle. According to L'Equipe this morning Liverpool bid 72m+8m bonus for him

pool can have him, we need a right footed winger who can cross from the right

pool can have him, we need a right footed winger who can cross from the right

according to jose we need a left footed player who can cross from the left. Lemar would be ideal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Yup! Exciting and terrifying in equal measure.

Remember, wingers/wide players are not auxiliary fullbacks <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Spending that Coutinho money

according to jose we need a left footed player who can cross from the left. Lemar would be ideal

Think he may be referring to Tony Vs utterly frustrating performance on Saturday.

As much as i dislike city, that red card is mad

You just scored the winner and celebrate with the travelling fans and its a red

Mike dean is such a pleb

Checked on Twitter after it happened, saw Mike dean officiating and thought "yup"

No way he's letting a last second winner take away from his headlines. Absolutely brutal referee.

Learned over the weekend the "celebrating with the fans" yellow card is actually a massive grey area, where there is massive discretion for the referee. So the fact it was the scenario it was and he booked the player just goes further to add evidence to the feeling he is an attention grabbing, terrible referee.

GSPfan wrote: »
    The commentator talking about City showing title winning mentality in their third game because they were blessed with a winner is laughable. To me it shows how they are struggling early doors.

IT's why I don't buy them being title favourites and all the pre-season "experts" and predictions claiming City being the strongest.

Same as pretty much most seasons bar a spell under Ferguson, our squad has been equal if not better rounded. Sure they might edge it in the attacking areas (might) but their defence is disgraceful for the money being spent, and I don't rate their midfield at all.

On paper, think we have the stronger XI and squad. Whatever about their firepower, similar to us, it won't bail you out of everygame you play if you can't defend and leak goals.

I know we are only three games in, but I'm even more buoyant and confident about the season ahead. Our rivals all have problems where as we are looking slick in the opening stages. Still feel the "big" games are going to be a big test of not just the team but the manager also, and I'm fascinated with what he will do. Will always maintain you win the league by avoiding silly dropped points, but big games can provide a massive momentum push or a drop moral to the floor (EG. Arsenal v Liverpool yesterday)

Putting out a positive, dominant performance against a rival could send a shivering message.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement