Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

**** me sideways that was horrrendous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Only player who was average was Matic. The rest were rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Headshot wrote: »
    that ref did he ever **** hear of extra 30 seconds for the sub they made

The 4 minutes is indicative, not a requirement. Anything on top of that is discretionary.
    Let's face it, the better team won within the time allocated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Was about to say matic was ok/poor and was still the best player

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Only player who was average was Matic. The rest were rubbish.

Lukaku was Utds best player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lord TSC wrote: »
    A team with title ambitions cannot have Lingard, Young, Mkhi and a back two of Smalling and Lindelof. Martial cannot be relied on either, neither can Mata. And Herrera has been having a dreadful season.

Lukaku is getting too isolated, as is Rashford but they got a goal today. Matic is great and looks a steal.

We have so many players who just are far, far too prone to just ****ting the bed...

this was all said by a lot of people before the season even started.

writing was on the wall for this game. we have been shocking bad last 2 games before today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

If that is an indication of how our performance drops when we lose a few important players then talk of a title challenge is laughable. Top 4 wouldn't even be on the cards.

That was a disgrace and quite a few players should be ashamed of their "contribution" to the team over the last couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

No excuses. We were ****e and didn't deserve anything from today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Lindelof shouldn't be playing any league games after that, put Blind at CB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Just too many players out there who aren't good enough.

Mkhitaryan, Herrera, Young, Lingard, Valencia, Lindelof... none of them anywhere near good enough for a club with an title ambitions. Smalling and Mata are debatable.

It's a sad state of affairs that despite massive, massive investment, the squad is still really poor.

Mentality just isnt there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Leroy42 wrote:
    Replaced by who is the problem

I'll do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

bangkok wrote: »
    this was all said by a lot of people before the season even started.

writing was on the wall for this game. we have been shocking bad last 2 games before today

Weren’t you singing Matas praises a couple of weeks ago and telling us how we all under rated him?

Flip flopping with the wind as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Stuck Smalling up top as Huddersfield retreated yet our wide men seemed allergic to crossing a ball in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

We have so many players who just are far, far too prone to just ****ting the bed...

And why have so many players all at once decided to **** the bed?

I have plenty of issues with many in our squad and have said plenty of times that there are 6/7+ I would get rid of, but the Benfica and Huddersfield performances did not come out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

City still bending teams over while we do that. What an absolute joke .

Spurs and Chelsea next. If we don't have Pogba and Bailly and maybe even Fellaini for those 2 games, then I have no confidence in us getting something out of those games after what I've just seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Will probably be outside the top 4 in two games time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Well that's me away from boards for the day.

We gifted it to them but fair play to Huddersfield, were far more calm and composed today.
    Can only look at this result as a complete failure however.

Awful performances by most and riddled with mistakes. Completely squandered a great chance, going to need to cop on and pull something out of the bag for the upcoming games.

Hoping Jones injury isn't serious. The sooner we have Jones and Bailly back in the centre the better, easily our best CBs. As many said Pogba is a big loss too. But those injuries aren't an excuse for a brutal display today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Headshot wrote: »
    that ref did he ever **** hear of extra 30 seconds for the sub they made

Could have been therr another hour and they wouldnt have won that. Zeeo ability to break down cannon fodder when they sit deep in defense.

Thats huddersfield done for the season however, watch how they give up 7 or 8 to city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Drop a few weeks wages then they might wake the fcuk up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Will probably be outside the top 4 in two games time.

Could be worse, could be 8th today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

This weekend last year Chelsea gave us a dose of reality, and you can’t help but think there is very little chance of us winning a title this season now.

We just haven’t got the quality, we will be up around the top 5/4 but we have no star performers to push us into the big time.

Anyway thank fook I missed that.

Sounds like it was a horror show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,134 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Never thought I'd say this but bring back Fellani

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Mods may as well lock the match thread now before certain fans **** themselves into a frenzy over United losing.

kona wrote: »
    Could have been therr another hour and they wouldnt have won that. Zeeo ability to break down cannon fodder when they sit deep in defense.

From when we went behind, I doubt there was anybody watching that who thought for one second we were going to get anything from that game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

A team with title ambitions cannot have Lingard, Young, Mkhi and a back two of Smalling and Lindelof. Martial cannot be relied on either, neither can Mata. And Herrera has been having a dreadful season.

Lukaku is getting too isolated, as is Rashford but they got a goal today. Matic is great and looks a steal.

The reality of United is that we have two wingers playing fullback (one doing well tbf) are down to our 4th and 5th choice CBs, are missing our best player and his backup, none of our options at 10 are in from\good enough and we are reliant on a brand new striker and two kids on the wings to create magic.

Everybody gets injuries, but the real key is the backup players are just not stepping up. That coupled with awful form from players who we paid good money for (Mkhi, Mata, Herrera etc) means we will not go near the title so long as City don't have a complete meltdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

A team with title ambitions cannot have Lingard, Young, Mkhi and a back two of Smalling and Lindelof...

I don't comment on here often, but only a few months ago people on this sub were creaming themselves over Mkhitaryan (not picking on you Lord TSC). Funny how quickly that can change here. I think hes had a bad run of form, but I definitely think he could play a part in a successful Man Utd team. While I think Lingard could become a very good player, I don't see him ever earning a regular starting spot at Utd.

How was Jose's post match interview?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

adox wrote: »
    Weren’t you singing Matas praises a couple of weeks ago and telling us how we all under rated him?

Flip flopping with the wind as usual.

mata is good enough.

the likes of young, lingard, smalling are not good enough.

said before the seaosn even started we were lacking the firepower to mount a title challenge. city will walk the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Any chance we can recall Pereira. Give him a shot. I'd rather not call up the likes of Gomes yet but surely he'd be worth a game over Lingard at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Lindeloff isn't even close to good enough. Not strong, not fast, **** positioning. Sell and move on.

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    mata is good enough.

the likes of young, lingard, smalling are not good enough.

said before the seaosn even started we were lacking the firepower to mount a title challenge. city will walk the league

Smalling is. Now Lindeloff isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

kona wrote: »

From when we went behind, I doubt there was anybody watching that who thought for one second we were going to get anything from that game.

Huddersfield are very poor. They’re a reincarnation of that Blackpool side. Any team in form will fancy their chances going there.

Unfortunately Jose turned off the tap last week and turned everything negative and got what he deserved today.

At least he can’t complain about injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Never thought I'd say this but bring back Fellani

yeah and to be fair for all the stick he gets he's been pretty good this season for Utd IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,178 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Mods may as well lock the match thread now before certain fans **** themselves into a frenzy over United losing.

Ah its like a league title to them these days. They couldn't celebrate last week due to Klopps inability to break us down. Its a great day for them.

Jose, "the best team won,we deserved the punishment of defeat".

"A bad team deserves to be punished".

We've all seen what players like Mata, Martial, Miki, Lingard etc are capable of.

Problem is they have no consistency whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Disagree with that, we had plenty of time to get back into the game and with a bit of luck we could have.

However it is more than a little worrying that we have yet to win a game that we've conceded in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,228 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jose, "the best team won,we deserved the punishment of defeat".

"A bad team deserves to be punished".

Refreshing honesty, at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

M!Ck^ wrote:
    Lukaku was Utds best player

Opinions and all that. They were the only two making an impact.

Young- couldn't cross an x in a ballot box.

Lindleof- If you can't read the flight of a ball, give up football.

Lingard- Stealing a living.

Just too many passengers. We need Bailly Pogba and Fellaini back big time.

Il chat to all later when it calms down and lads start seeing some common sense, so last post of the day.

That wasn't as bad as people are making out.

It's a disappointing result but honestly those costly individual errors in the first half are the only real reason we lost that.

Adding the ref had a mare too.

It was just one of those days, Huddersfield defended for their lives once they got a two goal cushion out of nothing really.

What's utterly nonsical is the flip flop opinions that are getting bandied around if we get a poor result, factor in team ABU adding the fuel around us.

I fully expect us to bounce back once our best players are available again.

Mikis form is such a worry for me, even when he came on he was poor. As was Herrera, mata & Jesse today. All too hesitant in possession and not quick enough in decision making.

The sooner Pogba is back the better and just reemphasizes my point I've always held of how important he for our attacking creativity.

Lindlelof needs to work on his drills on the training ground too as he's very nervous with the simple things when an opposing player is anywhere near him.

Lukaka has had three games where to his credit he's worked tirelessly with limited supply from midfield. His workrate for that assist was excellent to note.

Martial got suckered in early in what started out scrappy. He needs to focus on his own game.

As for Jones, I'm Gutted. He was in such fine form too.

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Disagree with that, we had plenty of time to get back into the game and with a bit of luck we could have.

However it is more than a little worrying that we have yet to win a game that we've conceded in?

Oh they had plenty of time, what they didn't have was the form or character.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Notorious wrote: »
    I don't comment on here often, but only a few months ago people on this sub were creaming themselves over Mkhitaryan (not picking on you Lord TSC). Funny how quickly that can change here. I think hes had a bad run of form, but I definitely think he could play a part in a successful Man Utd team. While I think Lingard could become a very good player, I don't see him ever earning a regular starting spot at Utd.

How was Jose's post match interview?

He' not good enough, to be blunt. He has some amazing games but overall, his tenure at United has been very disappointing. When he's good, he's magic, but hpthats 20% of games, and the other 80%, he's rubbish. The bad form is not the outlier. That's his norm for us.

Martial is the same but has the benefit of age on his side...

J. Marston wrote: »
    Refreshing honesty, at least.

Going by what else he said,the post mortem won't be pleasant for the players.

Really miss that Bailly - Rojo partnership we had going last season. Why do all our CBs get riddled with injuries all the effin time

No bs excuses which is good to see. Players need a good kick up the arse for that monstrosity

https://twitter.com/Devils_Latest/status/921771375513210880

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

No bs excuses which is good to see. Players need a good kick up the arse for that monstrosity

https://twitter.com/Devils_Latest/status/921771375513210880

Need more than a kick, fire up a few hairdryers a la Fergie..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Mikki is consistently average with an occasional brilliant moment, it isn’t good enough and he needs to be chucked out at this rate, not fair to pin it all on him though he’s just the worst of a bad bunch.

Martial isn’t much better, Mata is probably well over the hill at this stage, Lingard is Lingard. Herrera is ordinary.

The take home point is we can’t rely on any of these to win us a title and that should have been apparent before the season began, working with these players daily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Herrera for me was the most frustrating, just hasnt stepped up when called upon. Dont like that he throws these theatrics when being pressured in our own box
    He's a different player from last season

AidoEirE wrote: »
    Herrera for me was the most frustrating, just hasnt stepped up when called upon. Dont like that he throws these theatrics when being pressured in our own box

If Bailly played today we would have won the game 1/2 nil.

• Advertisement

AidoEirE wrote: »

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again(although I didn’t see the game today) he can’t play in a midfield two. Either can Pogba. I found it bizzare last season that the majority were calling Herrera to be made captain.

The way the squad has been assembled we need to play three midfielders. We don’t have the players in midfield to play a no 10.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement