Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I seen on sky before kick off that hudersfield town haven't beaten utd since the 50s lol,

Delighted for Jose trying to beat moyes record book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm curious as to how the game would have gone if Mata cynically dragged whoever he gave the ball to down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Their approach next week will be very interesting.

Spurs are the biggest test of the season both in terms of toughest opposition thus far and test of character after todays loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Someone needs to tell Mourinho that you can't put 11 men behind the ball every away game, got lucky last week against pool but a team with Huddersfield's quality are always going to punish you. Anyway a nice consolation away goal to take home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

davycc wrote: »
    I seen on sky before kick off that hudersfield town haven't beaten utd since the 50s lol,

Yeah because they weren't in same league for years. Good record without any meaning though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Their approach next week will be very interesting.

Spurs are the biggest test of the season both in terms of toughest opposition thus far and test of character after todays loss.

Yep and spurs will most likely be confident after slaughtering liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I don’t know why you bother lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Defeats the purpose of playing ultra defensive to get a point away to Liverpool if we're just going to drop 3 of them against Huddersfield a week later. 1 point and 1 goal from 2 winnable games is very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,227 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'm curious as to how the game would have gone if Mata cynically dragged whoever he gave the ball to down.

Too much of a nice guy to do that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

adox wrote: »

Bored idiots have to get their kicks somehow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

adox wrote: »

I thought those lads loved a bit of history and looking forward to the future.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Someone needs to tell Mourinho that you can't put 11 men behind the ball every away game, got lucky last week against pool but a team with Huddersfield's quality are always going to punish you. Anyway a nice consolation away goal to take home.

1/10.

Good try

I expect jubilation from the many in here slating the draw last week with minimal chances created and giving up so much possession.

I'm sure many are happy now with us really going for the game, keeping it open and not letting up. It's just a real shame we lost and didnt get a thing. But hey at least we went for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Lindeloff isn't even close to good enough. Not strong, not fast, **** positioning. Sell and move on.
    I didn’t see any of game...did Jones pick up an injury?...in what way was Lindelof poor?....have we bought a dud who performed above himself in Portugal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I expect jubilation from the many in here slating the draw last week with minimal chances created and giving up so much possession.

I'm sure many are happy now with us really going for the game, keeping it open and not letting up. It's just a real shame we lost and didnt get a thing. But hey at least we went for it.

Spot who didn't watch the game today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

limnam wrote: »
    Yep and spurs will most likely be confident after slaughtering liverpool

I've been fairly consistent in here all season even when you were winning every week that a title challenge wasn't sustainable with this side, and earmarked this period for when the wheels were gonna come off, and that the lesser opposition even become far more difficult when confidence is low.

You can keep on replying with Liverpool stuff, I've been more critical of them in previous years. They play a more attractive style, but cant see either of you being all that successful over the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Too much of a nice guy to do that though.
    Genuinely think this is the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

davycc wrote: »

Oranage2 wrote: »

4bUV7Ls.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

They play a more attractive style, but cant see either of you being all that successful over the season.

Nothing attractive about been out of the only cup they could win and sitting in 8th.

Each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I didn’t see any of game...did Jones pick up an injury?...in what way was Lindelof poor?....have we bought a dud who performed above himself in Portugal?

Jones got injured and within the 10 minutes of Lindelof coming on, he was really at fault for the 2 goals conceded especially the 2nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

1/10.

Good try

It really wasn't

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

In the context of today's result you can see why Jose was celebrating the point won at Anfield last week.

Spot who didn't watch the game today.

4 shots on target compared to 3.

6 shots Off target against 0

78% possession compared to 22%

Fits my narrative of a game we seemingly went for but got ZERO points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Jesus Spurs fans trying egg us. Its their Christmas day I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

4 shots on target compared to 3.

6 shots Off target against 0

78% possession compared to 22%

Fits my narrative of a game we seemingly went for but got ZERO points

He's right, you mustn't have watched the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭irishchris

I've been fairly consistent in here all season even when you were winning every week that a title challenge wasn't sustainable with this side, and earmarked this period for when the wheels were gonna come off, and that the lesser opposition even become far more difficult when confidence is low.

You can keep on replying with Liverpool stuff, I've been more critical of them in previous years. They play a more attractive style, but cant see either of you being all that successful over the season.

Oh hail to your knowledge oh wise foreseeing one.

There is always one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

In a rut if we get a whopping midweek in the cup then it's time to panic, we are missing some prominent defenders, midfielders too, other players are feeling the effects trying to pick it up, if we play like Watford did today and get a lead over chelsea we can hold it unlike them, Spurs are not the team they were last season we are where they were 2nd place dropping needless points but unlike them we have several players out injured who upon return will bolster the team. It's the right time to go through a rut as there is well over 3/4 of the season left to play, let's not get caught up in the glee from the alsorans popping up round here all of a sudden. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I'm gonna go get drunk.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'm gonna go get drunk.

cause.jpeg?quality=100&w=600

Can't think of the pundit on TSN today but he brought up a good point that the players seemed hesitant to play the ball into Lukaku and use him to hold up the ball ala Zlatan. A lot of times we saw him running wide to get the ball,did he even get a decent cross or pass to him into the box today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

City 1/5 for title after today.

bangkok wrote: »
    City 1/5 for title after today.

Man City thread is that way
    >

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Just seen our next 6 fixtures and top 4 looks in jeopardy never mind City

Will be a miracle if we get more than 10 points from the next 18 available

29 games left to play each 87 points, way to early to pop that blue champers yet.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Man City thread is that way
    >

Man utd 10-1 for title after today

Easy money :p

bangkok wrote: »
    Man utd 10-1 for title after today

Yeah big whoop, the way you've fawned over Man City as if their football's saviours recently is nauseating, especially for a United supporter..

Seasons only 9 games old, City won't keep up their good form the entire season, they'll have a blip, much like every other team in the league has blips.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Yeah big whoop, the way you've fawned over Man City as if their football's saviours recently is nauseating, especially for a United supporter..

Seasons only 9 games old, City won't keep up their good form the entire season, they'll have a blip, much like every other team in the league has blips.

No but city have goalscorers in there team. We sadly dont have many and they will probably add sanchez to there squad in january. Said it before season started we were lacking attacking quality in our squad

Actually 12/1 on paddy. Spurs 14 Chelsea 18

city are 5 points clear not a massive amount really with the games left to play we will each drop points but thinking the race is run before its even got going yet is nuts

• Advertisement

Actually 12/1 on paddy. Spurs 14 Chelsea 18

city are 5 points clear not a massive amount really with the games left to play we will each drop points but thinking the race is run before its even got going yet is nuts

Exactly, people were thinking the same with City last year, look how that ended. It's the same again this year, it's a marathon season, not a sprint..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I know you've spanked a team or 2 since, but it's no coincidence that the general level of performance, particularly with the ball, has dropped without Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I will lay City at that price on exchamges.

Too short

Pogba's loss has been massive. Need him back asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Can't think of the pundit on TSN today but he brought up a good point that the players seemed hesitant to play the ball into Lukaku and use him to hold up the ball ala Zlatan. A lot of times we saw him running wide to get the ball,did he even get a decent cross or pass to him into the box today?

He got nothing today, nobody could put in a cross all match and was just trying to force it through the middle. That wasnt going to work with the numbers surrounding him. There wasnt much he could of done today as everyone behind him just didnt perform. You could see as he got the assist, he chose to carry the ball himself instead of laying it off to lingard i think it was. He was frustrated.

When we get the likes of rojo, bailly, fellani, carrick, pogba and zlatan back we'll look alot stronger as will the bench. Season is not over buy a long shot. Every team will slip up at some stage, even city.

Any word on jones's injury?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,227 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

City will slip up, yes, but I'm pretty sure their slips will be far more infrequent than the chasing pack's slip-ups.

I think they're just too strong, +28GD after 9 games is absurd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

After today im over Young as our 1st choice LB. I hope Jose feels the same and Shaw at least gets a run out against Swansea mid week

J. Marston wrote: »
    City will slip up, yes, but I'm pretty sure their slips will be far more infrequent than the chasing pack's slip-ups.

I think they're just too strong, +28GD after 9 games is absurd.

Yep i cant even see them slipping up before we play them in december and we still have to play tottenham at home and chelsea and arsenal away

They do look unstoppable right now and look like there going to walk the league. But i mean, a few key injuries to them and who knows. Think we got so much stick from other fans was because some were saying the same thing about utd. There's another 7 odd months left in this season. I guess my point was that the tighter we are to them the more it will spur us on in form and when the squad is fully fit we'll look a lot better than today.

Edit
    And to be fair chelsea havent looked rock solid either, so depending on what players we get back by 5 nov and who gets game time that could be a 3 points. Dont give them to much credit yet

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement