Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Comedy capers defending again,we should have been a bit braver last week.

Just makes me more annoyed about last week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

astradave wrote: »
    Spurs seem to be trying the exact same as us, though we were muck at it, let Liverpool have the ball and catch their high line

Because tactically thats exactly how you should line up against Pool. Klopp has been found out massively now.

We just were ****ed cause the players were useless when it came time to counter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,227 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Will we have any of Pogba, Fellaini, Rojo back next week?

The thought of Kane targeting Lindelof is frightening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭secman

limnam wrote: »
    -Current Europa league winners
    -League cup winners
    -Best start to a premier league season for yonks.
    -2nd in the league.
    -Top of champions league group. Sailing through it.

All this while we're missing 3 critical midfield players.
    1 world class striker.
    2 of our best defenders of last year, now 3.

1st defeat of the season and suddenly half the squad is not good enough?

Getting as fickle as the lads next door lads.

Reiterating what we have been saying, we're currently a cup team and not a team in contention for the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

J. Marston wrote: »
    Will we have any of Pogba, Fellaini, Rojo back next week?

The thought of Kane targeting Lindelof is frightening.

I’d actually fancy blind or Darmian in there, they are more astute tactically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Take your head out of the sand.

There are issues in that squad that have been there for years, they are still there and again and again those issues have smacked us in the face with dropped points.

People have pointed out these problems literally dozens of times and yet every time there is another horror show you will have people coming in to say, "You're over-reacting, its just because we were missing player X, everything will be fine...".

Cop on. Mourinho has made great strides since he joined the club but there are still fundamental problems with that squad and we would be better served recognising that rather than pretending that its all just because of a few missing players.

Before you start telling people to take their head out of the sand and to cop on try reading and understanding what people are saying.

I'm not making excuses for players been missing. I'm commenting on how well we're doing _even_ though those players are missing.

Yesterday had nothing to do with who's missing.

Those 11 players were well capable of slaughtering huds yesterday.

Suddenly because we didn't half the squad's not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

astradave wrote: »
    I’d actually fancy blind or Darmian in there, they are more astute tactically

Would second that - hopefully Bailly will be back, then Bailly & Smalling maybe? Though Blind has very seldom messed up at CB - only a couple of blips that I can remember, so for me he is also a solid option.

Any update on Jones' injury and potential timeline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

The bus will be parked again on Saturday, I find I don't much care who is selected at CB, I'm sure whoever it is will do fine as usual, yesterdays mistakes notwithstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

The bus will be parked again on Saturday, I find I don't much care who is selected at CB, I'm sure whoever it is will do fine as usual, yesterdays mistakes notwithstanding.

We won't. Jose plays defensive game away from game, not at Home.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    We won't. Jose plays defensive game away from game, not at Home.

If you think so. I think that after 1 point from 6, some horrible performances and playing against a good Spurs side that Mourinho will yet again be in "we can't afford to lose" mode. So expect Darmian back in and the grafters tasked for midfield.

• Advertisement

If only we could have put one half decent cross in the Liverpool game we have won 3-0 I reckon :)

If only we could have put one half decent cross in the Liverpool game we have won 3-0 I reckon :)

Its damned frustrating. That Liverpool defence was ****e all season, its still ****e, and yet we went there with our tails between our legs and made them look good. :mad:

Its damned frustrating. That Liverpool defence was ****e all season, its still ****e, and yet we went there with our tails between our legs and made them look good. :mad:

Yep they made one chance at Anfield.

They looked unstoppable

Yep they made one chance at Anfield.

They looked unstoppable

Their defence made one chance? Who gives a ****.

Hold on, Liverpool.

4 more goals and we drop to 3rd.

Their defence made one chance? Who gives a ****.

Liverpool made one chance at anfield against united.

So no, They didn't look good.

Liverpool made one chance at anfield against united.

So no, They didn't look good.

Their defence didn't look good?

Meh, I'm laughing still ;)

Takes the sting out of yesterday

5-4 incoming :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

If you think so. I think that after 1 point from 6, some horrible performances and playing against a good Spurs side that Mourinho will yet again be in "we can't afford to lose" mode. So expect Darmian back in and the grafters tasked for midfield.

Last season we didn't play defensively against any team at home. What you are saying holds true for away game.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Meh, I'm laughing still ;)

Takes the sting out of yesterday

5-4 incoming :P

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

I think we'll play super negatively against Spurs.

I think we will because Spurs are significantly stronger than what we currently have available and they'll be in a happier mood after dismantling Pool today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Any reason why Blind didn't come on instead of Lindeloff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Harry Kane in the form of his life. We could be in trouble next weekend. Its a massive game. Lose and the title race is over for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

bangkok wrote: »
    Harry Kane in the form of his life. We could be in trouble next weekend. Its a massive game. Lose and the title race is over for us

We need Ferguson to pop in and give one of his "it's only Spurs lads" team talks.

Pheonix10 wrote: »

Any reason why he would?

Jose should have forseen the mistake?

• Advertisement

He didn't cause us much trouble last year in similar form..

Talking about losing a title in October.

wtf is going on in here the last two days..

Kane off holding his hamstring.

I have no qualms about hoping it's a two-weeker.

Of course you can lose a title in october

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

Spurs are extremely good all over the park. Worried about playing them in this form

Of course you can lose a title in october

If it means less nonsense talk in the thread for the rest of the season. There'll be an upside to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Answers on a postcard please.

Liverpool concede the most away goals in the league so far this season.They could learn a bit about "pragmatic football" instead of claiming moral victories.

Its Huddersfield. My guess is if you're going to buy a new center back, you'll have to play him eventually, and Jose was probably hoping it was an easier game to do it in. :(

And some will be sitting there in April wondering where it all went wrong. They still won't get it.

And some will be sitting there in April wondering where it all went wrong. They still won't get it.

If only they had your vision.

Lads ye cant win a title in october, but ye can definately lose one.

Liverpool are already out of the title race and imo we dont beat tottenham this weekend we will also be out of it given the form showed by city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Lads ye cant win a title in october, but ye can definately lose one.

Liverpool are already out of the title race and imo we dont beat tottenham this weekend we will also be out of it given the form showed by city

What about if city turn around and have a bad month in December? That mean we can't win the title?

I donno what's gone wrong with you lately but your full of cliches it's nonsense to say a team that's 8 points behind after ten games would be out if the title race.

Yes it would be a poor run of results for us and extremely disappointing but not out of anything.

Any reason why he would?

Jose should have forseen the mistake?

Well he did play with Smalling for a season, there's that. Also Lindeloff has looked muck so far.

jayo26 wrote: »
    What about if city turn around and have a bad month in December? That mean we can't win the title?

I donno what's gone wrong with you lately but your full of cliches it's nonsense to say a team that's 8 points behind after ten games would be out if the title race.

Yes it would be a poor run of results for us and extremely disappointing but not out of anything.

Fingers crossed i hope they do but they have improved their defence and they have the best attack in the league. Its just hard to see where they will drop points next 6-7 games while we have to play some of the better teams

Well he did play with Smalling for a season, there's that. Also Lindeloff has looked muck so far.

He's had little to no game time.

He was fine imo against Benfica.

If you can't play a 30-40m defender against huders.

When can you?

Jones mistake against Stoke was just as bad as lind's I don't think it was mentioned at all. Smalling has plenty in him too starting the ball rolling when we got battered by Chelsea last year for starters.

If it wasn't for the header we wouldn't be discussing him.

He's getting a rough ride.

• Advertisement

A gem from the Spurs v Liverpool match thread.
    Beaten 4-1 and and this gets posted:
    "I still think we can get ahead of United in the next 5 games, or at least close the gap considerably."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

"I still think we can get ahead of United in the next 5 games, or at least close the gap considerably."

Could possibly happen ha. It's nice to know we are still a target for them.

He's had little to no game time.

He was fine imo against Benfica.

If you can't play a 30-40m defender against huders.

When can you?

Jones mistake against Stoke was just as bad as lind's I don't think it was mentioned at all. Smalling has plenty in him too starting the ball rolling when we got battered by Chelsea last year for starters.

If it wasn't for the header we wouldn't be discussing him.

He's getting a rough ride.

Don't think he is getting a rough ride at all, quite an easy one at that. He hasn't show any signs of being a top defender. It's early days but usually there are some signs, none so far from him. Blind has always been very solid when called upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I can see them gaining a lot of moral victors which makes all the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It wasn’t pulled out of fresh air, it was in response to someone having a laugh about my post from yesterday claiming the same thing.

I’m under no illusions that we are challenging for the title. 4th sadly is the target. I see Ye as direct competition for that spot.

Don't think he is getting a rough ride at all, quite an easy one at that. He hasn't show any signs of being a top defender. It's early days but usually there are some signs, none so far from him. Blind has always been very solid when called upon.

You just said he was muck...That's pretty rough for a player who's putting in little to no game time.

Blind has put in some woeful displays particularly at left back.

People have such short memories.

Miki didn't look much at the start either...

It wasn’t pulled out of fresh air, it was in response to someone having a laugh about my post from yesterday claiming the same thing.

I’m under no illusions that we are challenging for the title. 4th sadly is the target. I see Ye as direct competition for that spot.

United,City,Spurs,Chelsea and Arsenal for the top 5,not necessarily in that order.Liverpool will be scrapping for 6th.

https://twitter.com/richardajkeys/status/922142075012841474

You just said he was muck...That's pretty rough for a player who's putting in little to no game time.

Blind has put in some woeful displays particularly at left back.

People have such short memories.

Miki didn't look much at the start either...

Yep but that's just me. I'm talking about the general fan base and online etc from what I've seen/heard of course.

I've seen a lot of better qualities in Blind vs Lindeloff.

I've seen a lot of better qualities in Blind vs Lindeloff.

Maybe you can get a job as a united scout.

Save us a fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

United,City,Spurs,Chelsea and Arsenal for the top 5,not necessarily in that order.Liverpool will be scrapping for 6th.

https://twitter.com/richardajkeys/status/922142075012841474

You still think Ye are title contenders? The next 5 games will show things so much clearer.... I think spurs and city will already be comfortably away from the pack by then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement