Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

jayo26 wrote: »
    Explain why for us that haven't a clue wtf you on about...

Was meant to be on at 4 live on twitter which was a farce anyway but due to technical issues it still hasnt taken place

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Away to Bristol, not bad

Draw finally made. Bristol city away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

bangkok wrote: »
    Carabao cup draw. Pathetic

Yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Was meant to be on at 4 live on twitter which was a farce anyway but due to technical issues it still hasnt taken place

Ahh I see yes it is pretty stupid and then they expect the top clubs to take it serious she they are running it like a Mickey mouse Sunday league setup.

• Advertisement

Pre recorded draw.... all the big teams kept apart. I smell a rat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Carabao ensuring the big teams have the best chance of going through. Smells fishy to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I doubt there's anything dodgy at all, but the whole thing is a farce and they've invited these suspicions onto themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

These things are always audited so I don’t think there is any fix but it’s baffling why they didn’t live stream it. Probably just because the other live streams were utterly disastrous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

thelad95 wrote: »
    These things are always audited so I don’t think there is any fix but it’s baffling why they didn’t live stream it. Probably just because the other live streams were utterly disastrous.

Banks are also audited but we still had a financial crash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Even the dogs on the street know that draw was fixed :D

And I don’t even care :D

It will make the final four excellent if the four big teams get threw but I'd laugh my was off if they all played weakened teams and got knocked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Don't think I've stated anything overly negative regarding Luke Shaw

But after his recent statement.

What an absolute plank

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

What he say?

limnam wrote: »

That means nothing and is pretty harmless. It could easily mean he'd love Poch to manage United and honestly it's more likely than shaw getting a move to a big club any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

What an absolute plank

I think that's a book on Poch that is about to be released, it would be odd to praise Jose or even abuse Poch in his own book.

Nothing comment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Giggsy11 wrote: »

What an absolute plank

I think that's a book on Poch that is about to be released, it would be odd to praise Jose or even abuse Poch in his own book.

Nothing comment.

Also does it say when the comments were made? Could’ve been before Jose even?

Also does it say when the comments were made? Could’ve been before Jose even?

Yeah. Good point.

Maybe stop reading the headlines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

secman wrote: »
    Came across this this morning:

"Should Mourinho pick Rashford or Jesse Lingard -- or Scott McTominay or Axel Tuanzebe, for that matter -- it will be 3,883 consecutive games that a United manager has selected a youth team graduate in their match-day squad.

It is a run that started on Oct. 30, 1937 -- the 80th anniversary falls on Monday, the day before United face Benfica in the Champions League -- when Tom Manley and Jackie Wassall played in a 1-0 defeat to Fulham.

That’s amazing. I wonder if there is an unwritten rule at the club in order to preserve that record? I think there should be as it’d be a shame to see it end, and it’s a little hope to cling to that the club’s hierarchy still cares even a little about tradition.

That’s amazing. I wonder if there is an unwritten rule at the club in order to preserve that record? I think there should be as it’d be a shame to see it end, and it’s a little hope to cling to that the club’s hierarchy still cares even a little about tradition.

C'mon now in the days of chicken noodle sponsors and club tractors i think we can say the club tradition been cared about is well gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

The standard of spelling really annoys me with these articles, that one contains a typo "the dup" instead of the duo. Does nobody give these a cursory glance before hitting upload.

What an absolute plank

Did you even read the article or just some headline in the sun newspaper?!

Interview was done months ago. We are playing spurs in the morning, seems like a good time for the rags to release a silly story on the eve of the game so the average joe soap utd supporter will be outraged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I had a dream about the Spurs game last night.

We were winning 1 nil until the 85th minute when Kane came off the bench and scored twice to beat us.

:/

I had a dream about the Spurs game last night.

We were winning 1 nil until the 85th minute when Kane came off the bench and scored twice to beat us.

:/

If kane is fit he starts, if not he wont be in the squad. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

In depth interview with Zlatan to air on Sky sports at 11.30am tomorrow.

Speaking about his injury.

"I will not limp out,I will walk out the door the way I walked in.Maybe I will walk on water".
    Good man Zlatan.

Whatever about Kane, doesn't matter either way

We need to win, and I expect to see a performance

And here's hoping team ABU get wupset in the process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Whatever about Kane, doesn't matter either way

We need to win, and I expect to see a performance

Which is pretty much exactly what I said before the Liverpool game. I wonder if we see another defensive first performance and settling for a draw will peoples expectations change in hindsight?

• Advertisement

Which is pretty much exactly what I said before the Liverpool game. I wonder if we see another defensive first performance and settling for a draw will peoples expectations change in hindsight?

If people are happy with a draw tomorrow at home to spurs, we can forget about a title challenge

If people are happy with a draw tomorrow at home to spurs, we can forget about a title challenge

Exactly. People are struggling with home and away concepts now. When was the last time ManUtd played for a draw at home in league?

Exactly. People are struggling with home and away concepts now. When was the last time ManUtd played for a draw at home in league?

We will play for the win, but i hope we set up in the right manner to give us a chance of that win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Can't see us being overly defensive at home. Plus the fans will want a response after the Huddersfield performance, I think the players and manager will know this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Good news. Wish him a speedy recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Good news. Wish him a speedy recovery.

But not too speedy. :P

Can't wait for the game tomorrow fed up of playing all the small clubs lets get a big club for once......

VW 1 wrote: »
    The standard of spelling really annoys me with these articles, that one contains a typo "the dup" instead of the duo. Does nobody give these a cursory glance before hitting upload.

Is that a question without a question mark? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Nalz wrote: »
    Is that a question without a question mark? :)

Grammar Nalzi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Can't wait for the game tomorrow fed up of playing all the small clubs lets get a big club for once......

FcKk8xt.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,377 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Love having a good game on at 12.30.

Perfectly sets up my morning for getting up, having some breakfast, heading to the gym and back just before kickoff.

Bit of a lie on, get some stuff done, avoid that WHY CAN'T TIME MOVE QUICKER AND IT JUST BE KICK OFF TIME NOW thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lord TSC wrote: »
    But not too speedy. :P

Confirmed by Sky that he will miss tomorrow's game.

Love having a good game on at 12.30.

Perfectly sets up my morning for getting up, having some breakfast, heading to the gym and back just before kickoff.

Bit of a lie on, get some stuff done, avoid that WHY CAN'T TIME MOVE QUICKER AND IT JUST BE KICK OFF TIME NOW thing.

Well Jel. I have a kid. I'll be lucky to see some of the game.

I will manage to grab breakfast though, so that's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Only another week to go so ........... :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

And if we do? If its Darmian in defence and the grafters in midfield again? If its level at 60 mins and we see the game out is that acceptable?

I'm just curious what people expect and demand, because the before and after seemed to change for many people when it came to the Liverpool match.

At home against Spurs who are missing Harry Kane I would demand that United bring the game to them, focus on actually scoring goals rather than playing tight and hoping that one falls their way. Of course I expected the same against Liverpool who were in horrible form and who had an atrocious defence, but some people seemed to think after the fact that that was unrealistic.

Harry kane is a huge loss for spurs but still they have an excellent team. Llorente or son will replace him anyway and both especially son is a very good player who will cause plenty of problems

Harry kane is a huge loss for spurs but still they have an excellent team. Llorente or son will replace him anyway and both especially son is a very good player who will cause plenty of problems

Such a negative $%##' ain't ya :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

RE: that Shaw story

I agree it means nothing and it's a ridiculous basis for an article.

However, I'd be very surprised to see a similar testimony in Joses' next autobiography.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

If jones/bailly are out can see lorente been told to get all over lindelof and they still got dangerous players all over the park. West ham have showed they can be got at though.
    Hope the lads will come out with a big response tomorrow. Think im working for it which is a balls

Such a negative $%##' ain't ya :)

Keeping it realistic.

Massive game for us

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement