Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

I didn't see the first half but so far this is a long way off what the Liverpool game was performance wise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I'm enjoying the game :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

What does lukaku have to do to be taken off, he's been attrocious the last few games. His technical ability is terrible , would like to see rashford and martial together for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Rushden wrote: »
    What does lukaku have to do to be taken off, he's been attrocious the last few games. His technical ability is terrible , would like to see rashford and martial together for a while

Sooner zlatan back the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Keen to see Martial in a front 2, albeit for 20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I didn't see the first half but so far this is a long way off what the Liverpool game was performance wise

We've been better this half than last but yeah, finishing is lacking but at least it looks as if we're pushing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Spurs are just a better side than us.

Even without possibly the best striker in the world right now, they look ahead of us.

Edit: Don't care! Martial!

Noooooooooooooooo so close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

J. Marston wrote: »
    Spurs are just a better side than us.

Even without possibly the best striker in the world right now, they look ahead of us.

They don't tbh.

First half yes but we have been much the better side this half.

Get the hell in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Yes!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,652 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Lovely goal.

Route 1 come on the Portuguese Martin oniell

Gonna park the bus now, aren't we

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I love the stat that popped up literally 5 seconds before that goal, about goals in the last 10 mins :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

astradave wrote: »
    I love the stat that popped up literally 5 seconds before that goal, about goals in the last 10 mins :pac:

Beautiful timing by sky

Very happy with that. Not just the win but the second half performance. First half was poor, but we dominated them in the second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Absolute nonsense from people here about lukaku he hasn't scored in 3 games but in them 3 games he has assisted two goals and one looks like its a winning goal he lived off scraps against pool due to no fault of his own.

Pogba will do more to improve that team then zlatan will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Young would be my MOTM. Hope he gives Alli some more shít talk.

Very poor performance but result is all that matters.

Massive 3 points!!!

Much better 2nd half but lots of improvement needed .

Martial you beauty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

6 goals and 6 assists for Martial in 14 games.

Can relax for the weekend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

3 points.

Lovely.

Martial does not miss very often. Class finisher. Needed to be up front at the end rather than Jesse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Deserved 3 points. Much better team overall. Total control of the game in the second half. Alli is something that rhymes with hunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

It's only spurs...:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Perfect win

Another clean sheet.

Yes Lukaku looked out of the game but he rattled the post with the header which seemed to get the teams belief up and then he got an assist when it mattered most

Spurs really look toothless without Kane. Other than the one incredible Erikson pass to Alli right before we scored, they were utterly dreadful in their attacks. Hope Kane is out for a while so we can build up a lead on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

1st half disappointing but 2nd half performance was very solid. Matic is just a monster in that midfield, so strong on the ball and always cool headed. I thought Herrera was better than his last few performances, he worked his bollocx off but still not at the level he was last year.

Martial was very dangerous when he came on, and a deserved goal. I thought Lukaku was good but his hold up play at times let him down. Definitely worth his place up front though and unlucky not to get a goal himself.

Our defence was very solid and DDG didn't have anything to do all game. Aside from the Deli Alli chance we were great at the back.

Mkhitaryan doesn't deserve to start anymore games. He is offering nothing and needs a few super sub performances to get himself back into contention. He looks very off the pace lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Thank God, can enjoy the long weekend now.

• Advertisement

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Perfect win

:confused::confused: Far from perfect mate

Happy ****ing days lads

Negative being Miki continues his awful streak. If Ozil is to come in I'd take him over Miki IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

jayo26 wrote: »
    Absolute nonsense from people here about lukaku he hasn't scored in 3 games but in them 3 games he has assisted two goals and one looks like its a winning goal he lived off scraps against pool due to no fault of his own.

Pogba will do more to improve that team then zlatan will.

The usual tabloidesque style posting to be honest. Lukaku wasn’t great today(got better in th second half and a belter of a header, oh and an assist for the winning goal as well) but it’s just nonsense to say “the sooner Ibras back the better”. He’ll score the winner against Chelsea next week and be heralded as the second coming by certain posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

So apparently we haven't conceded a goal from open play at old Trafford since new years eve. That's a ridiculous stat of true.

We clearly have our limitations but there's no doubt there's been progress the last 16 months or so.

Obligatory post game "What were Chelsea thinking selling us Matic" post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Super sub Tony strikes!!! 😂🖕

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Lord TSC wrote: »
    We are nearing MartialTime.

Thank f€!k for MartilTime.

:confused::confused: Far from perfect mate

Clean sheet against a rival
    3 points gained on rival
    No injuries
    No suspensions
    Early win to put pressure on other rivals

Perfect

Straight honesty from the main man. I like it

https://twitter.com/Devils_Latest/status/924267407140585472

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Spurs really look toothless without Kane. Other than the one incredible Erikson pass to Alli right before we scored, they were utterly dreadful in their attacks. Hope Kane is out for a while so we can build up a lead on them.

we didn't give Erikson or Alli any time whatsoever on the ball and that nullified any threat that Spurs had. Thought we were very composed defensively during the whole game, poor offensively in the first half but were much improved in the second.

I love an Early Saturday Win, can sit back and not worry whatsoever about the rest of the games, we got our 3 points, and against a rival too, happy out :D

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Clean sheet against a rival
    3 points gained on rival
    No injuries
    No suspensions
    Early win to put pressure on other rivals

Perfect

I was talking more player performance wise but let's stick with your positivity for now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

First half we didn't play well but second half was much better and should have scored much earlier.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Maybe Jose needs to give Lukaku, Rahford and Martial a chance from the start now?

May as well have Rashford at 10 as Miki.

Can imagine Chelsea would hate to play that trio compared to other options with Miki, Mata or Lingard.

Also, how good has Ashley Young been since coming into the team.. ****in hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Matic motm in probably his least deserving, Alf though I did feel sorry for him having Herrera alongside him.

I thought we played pretty decent the whole game and am delighted with the win.

I would have had Rashford or Young as motm, possibly Young for the excellent winding up of Ali alone.

Martial is cool as **** in front of goals. He has all the talent in the world but it’s still easy to see why he isn’t a regular starter.

Miki was awful. Hopefully when everyone is fit the no10 is dropped from the set up and we have Pogba inberween the midfield and no 10 position.

Rashford I’d say had an indirect say in that goal too. The defence were scared senseless of him the whole game and I bet they indirectly relaxed a little when he went off leading to the mistakes for the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

adox wrote: »
    The usual tabloidesque style posting to be honest. Lukaku wasn’t great today(got better in th second half and a belter of a header, oh and an assist for the winning goal as well) but it’s just nonsense to say “the sooner Ibras back the better”. He’ll score the winner against Chelsea next week and be heralded as the second coming by certain posters.

I want zlatan back too but i dont want him back because of lukaku I want him back to add to the team and lukaku is doing pretty fine to be honest he missed a few chances but he turned up when it mattered again.

yes your right it's the usual sensationalist posters that go disappearing after the result and no comment for a few days until they find something else to jump on.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Maybe Jose needs to give Lukaku, Rahford and Martial a chance from the start now?

May as well have Rashford at 10 as Miki.

Can imagine Chelsea would hate to play that trio compared to other options with Miki, Mata or Lingard.

Play Mata at 10 and Rashford from the right

Let them rotate in game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

astradave wrote: »
    Also, how good has Ashley Young been since coming into the team.. ****in hell.

Considering recent posters stating he' not good enough and shoudln't be in the team

MOTM for me

Ridiculous giving Lukaku that type of stick
    He created the goal today
    And on his own created the goal against Huddersfield

Not his fault Miki has been playing utter ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

God I ****ing love Martial

I would of put my house on him scoring that. Ice cold killer in front of goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Biggest investment we can make in Lukaku is getting him a quality 10 to play behind him and create space for him. Was watching Eriksen and hinking that he is everything we need, not that Levy would sell him to us.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement