Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Again you completely missed the point.
    Why do you believe he was poor?

His control, first touch and passing were very poor. His movement wasnt great either

jayo26 wrote: »
    You really do exaggerate and put a negative spin on everything.

You were talking crap about lukaku other day all game but when he flicked ball on for the goal nowhere to be seen.

Jose is responding to questions been asked about his opinions on fans again I'd prefer him to be honest and rise the fans up then be talking crap...

klopp does it every game asking fans to be more vocal but for him it's only passion woth mourinho its tw8stes into been diggs at the fans. it still doesn't stop them same pool fans from booing his team at half time the other day.

Again if you felt he was making diggs at pogba your not the only one but it's only reading what you want to read... he isn't rushing pogba back from injury and not puting a time frame on it but according to you and others he is making diggs he isn't he is giving him time to heal without pressure of a date.

"I hope that you enjoy the game more than some of you did against Tottenham."

That is not asking fans to be more vocal. That is a clear dig at the supporters. A bad move imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    "I hope that you enjoy the game more than some of you did against Tottenham."

That is not asking fans to be more vocal. That is a clear dig at the supporters. A bad move imo

I fully back him with it and i think the massive majority of the fans will back him too Booing a manager's decision to take off a player and bring on a player when we sitting in second place in the league and making one of our best starts to the season for many years is not on.

It wasn't a large portion of the crowd I don't think and I feel the ones that didn't boo will be fully behind him and I'd be pretty confident they will be a positive response from the fans tonight.

What is happening here is the media and posters like yourself are making short term udgements on things but ultimately so far he has been proven right in the ling term.

It's like saying lukaku should be taken off but he provides the assist the manager was right in the end.

I don't see what jose said as been a dig at the fans it may be designed for the section that booed his decision the other day but the majority of fans will back him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Mourinho is right to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

secman wrote: »
    It's already out who wins, the new judge fckedup and let the cat out of the bag.... apparently
    No interest in it anyways just came across on the phone

Seen that about 5 mins after posted that.. what an idiot :pac:

I fully back him with it and i think the massive majority of the fans will back him too Booing a manager's decision to take off a player and bring on a player when we sitting in second place in the league and making one of our best starts to the season for many years is not on.

It wasn't a large portion of the crowd I don't think and I feel the ones that didn't boo will be fully behind him and I'd be pretty confident they will be a positive response from the fans tonight.

What is happening here is the media and posters like yourself are making short term udgements on things but ultimately so far he has been proven right in the ling term.

It's like saying lukaku should be taken off but he provides the assist the manager was right in the end.

I don't see what jose said as been a dig at the fans it may be designed for the section that booed his decision the other day but the majority of fans will back him.

I said lukaku was poor v spurs which he was. Its hardly a crazy statement to make. I dont agree with fans booing subs the manager is making but i also dont think jose should be making digs at the fans either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Remember the scheme that quite a few footballers,managers etc. were encouraged to invest in which was ruled to be a tax avoidance scheme,there has been a twist.
    Alex Ferguson and some other former and current United players invested large sums into this scheme and are now set to sue over it.Of course there wouldn't be dodgy advice given to people unless an Irish bank was involved.

Celebrities and world famous football managers are to sue three banks and Hollywood studio Disney in a landmark £100million legal action over a failed tax avoidance scheme.

Some 780 wealthy stars, including former Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson, invested in the Eclipse film investment ruse which offered tax breaks.

But disgruntled investors claim HSBC, Bank of Ireland, Barclays and Disney distorted the chances of the scheme being successful.

The Supreme Court confirmed Eclipse 35 - one of the 39 partnerships - was a tax avoidance scheme back in April.

The scheme enabled investors to avoid paying tax by buying and renting back Hollywood blockbuster movies to film studios, such as Disney.

Those who signed up could face large tax bills and might find themselves becoming bankrupt.

And now 200 investors are preparing to launch a £100million legal suit against the three banks and Disney, the famous Hollywood studio.

The Times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Even if he was poor in a few games, for feck sake he's a new signing and has been banging in goals for fun at the start of the season.

Have we become Real Madrid all of a sudden? Ripping into our best players at the first opportunity?

I wouldn't even have supported booing Rooney after 2 years of pish never mind booing Lukaku after 2 games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Does anyone here think Zlatan Pogba and Fellaini can go straight into the first team if we play 352?

• Advertisement

Lukaku wasn't booed but you could clearly hear groans when he failed to chase down a ball played into space.At the time I thought he felt he was offside,stopped and went forward but the ball went out of play.
    For a big lad,his holdup play can be suspect and it's noticeable that players aren't hitting passes into him to use as a target man in which to play off.What's not helping him also is the fact Pogba is out of the team and we are missing that creative spark he brings.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Even if he was poor in a few games, for feck sake he's a new signing and has been banging in goals for fun at the start of the season.

Have we become Real Madrid all of a sudden? Ripping into our best players at the first opportunity?

I wouldn't even have supported booing Rooney after 2 years of pish never mind booing Lukaku after 2 games.

Nobody is ripping into lukaku and nobody booed him. There was a few groans from the crowd when he lost the ball against spurs and didnt chase another ball

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Nobody is ripping into lukaku

There were people using terms like "Andy Carroll esque" and were laying into him during the game. They all retreated quickly when he got the vital assist...

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Does anyone here think Zlatan Pogba and Fellaini can go straight into the first team if we play 352?

No imo. Its either lukaku or ibra, not both. Also when pogba and fellaini back, pogba is in the team fellaini on the bench

No imo. Its either lukaku or ibra, not both. Also when pogba and fellaini back, pogba is in the team fellaini on the bench

Imo against the top teams Ander and Mkhi/no10 will drop out and it will be both Pogba and Fellaini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,373 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

astradave wrote: »
    Imo against the top teams Ander and Mkhi/no10 will drop out and it will be both Pogba and Fellaini

I agree, but not in a 2 man midfield, would have Matic with them.

• Advertisement

I agree, but not in a 2 man midfield, would have Matic with them.

Oh I thought that much was obvious. First name on the team sheet for me after Dave

Maybe. I would like to see us go back to the starting 11 that started the season so well. Pogba matic midfield with rashford mkhitarayan and mata all ahead and lukaku up top

Oh I thought that much was obvious. First name on the team sheet for me after Dave
    Yeah... I was gonna delete my post tbh. I was running with the train of thought of Fellaini, Pogba, Zlatan and Lukaku in the same side in the 352. Meh

Hope we don't see Zlatan shoe horned in.

Though Pogba, Zlatan, Fellaini and Lukaku on the pitch for the last 10 mins if we are searching for a goal could be an impressive target of long balls.

Jose not the first to have issues with Shaw's mentality.

‘I felt his head was not in the right place [at Southampton] to make the sacrifices and decisions that are necessary at that age,’ said Pochettino in his upcoming book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Jose not the first to have issues with Shaw's mentality.

‘I felt his head was not in the right place [at Southampton] to make the sacrifices and decisions that are necessary at that age,’ said Pochettino in his upcoming book.

thats 3 managers in a row thats questioned him now with LVG & jose obiovusly the injury got majorly in the way but youd have to wonder if hes ever get his mentality right as the skills are there to be a top player

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    thats 3 managers in a row thats questioned him now with LVG & jose obiovusly the injury got majorly in the way but youd have to wonder if hes ever get his mentality right as the skills are there to be a top player

All the talk I saw in the summer were that he had made big changes in his private life, and his approach to football and everyone was really high on him fulfilling his promise, and being given a chance to.

Either it was lies or hasn't panned out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Anthony Martial has now played as many games for Unted as RvP and he's scored as many league goals as Tevez and Park.

Hodgson criticised him as well IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Id be mildly concerned by Joses comments about the fans. Its happened twice now in the space of a couple of days. I`d be worried that it may be the beginning of an exit strategy or something.

Anyway I did say mildly concerned. Hopefully nothing more to it.

Has anyone seen the whole programme notes and not just the one sentence? Every single article is written around that one sentence that Andy mitten posted. You have to wonder if it’s been taken out of context

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

What exactly is wrong with Carrick? I just read he's suffering from dizziness and sickness? Could it be concussion related?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

MagicIRL wrote: »
    What exactly is wrong with Carrick? I just read he's suffering from dizziness and sickness? Could it be concussion related?

https://extra.ie/sport/soccernews/carrick-mystery-illness-baffles-medics

The medical staff at Manchester United are still not sure what led to Michael Carrick being sidelined for so long after feeling sick and dizzy following his last match in September.

Carrick has played just once this season, in last month’s 4-1 win over Burton in the Carabao Cup.

He has suffered nausea and dizziness in training since that match too — but team doctors say they are still not sure what is causing the symptoms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

MagicIRL wrote: »

Very possible, concussion in football is definitely a thing that is underreported, and those symptoms are in line.

The thing is it might not even be from a clash of heads, heading a ball constantly can also lead to it.

United just reported it as a mystery virus or something?

adox wrote: »
    Id be mildly concerned by Joses comments about the fans. Its happened twice now in the space of a couple of days. I`d be worried that it may be the beginning of an exit strategy or something.

Anyway I did say mildly concerned. Hopefully nothing more to it.

Thats how some are reporting it. The beginning of an exit strategy. Flirting with psg a few weeks ago. Ya never know whats going on behind the scenes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Thats how some are reporting it. The beginning of an exit strategy. Flirting with psg a few weeks ago. Ya never know whats going on behind the scenes

or it could mean fck all.

Usually it means fck all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Wonder if we might see some surprising changes for tonight.

Would like to see Romero or Pereira in goals.

I'd also like to see Tuanzebe and another young lad get a chance.

limnam wrote: »
    or it could mean fck all.

Usually it means fck all.

"I hope tonight we can do a good job, take another big step towards the knockout stages of the Champions League and I hope that you enjoy the game more than some of you did against Tottenham."

No need for it imo. Just drawing attention to it and making it a bigger issue than it should be.

After spurs game saying "I would like the supporters to explain to me why they don't support [Lukaku] so much because he gives everything. He should be untouchable from fans criticism"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭clubberlang12

Would it be outlandish to think that Zlatan could play somewhat of a no.10 role in some games when he comes back? We know he has the creative vision and able to pick out a pass. He also liked to drop deep during games and get on the ball. Would also mean quite easily switching to 2 up top and his physical presence and height if searching for a goal.

Just a thought.

Would it be outlandish to think that Zlatan could play somewhat of a no.10 role in some games when he comes back? We know he has the creative vision and able to pick out a pass. He also liked to drop deep during games and get on the ball. Would also mean quite easily switching to 2 up top and his physical presence and height if searching for a goal.

Just a thought.

Yep he def could. But hes not going to be running around chasing down the opposition when they have the ball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Not outlandish but wouldn't be great having ibrahimovic as a 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Nalz wrote: »
    Not outlandish but wouldn't be great having ibrahimovic as a 10

It would be a horrible idea. I even had concerns about possible signing Ozils lack of pace overly influencing our style of play, Zlatans would be even worse again.

Has anyone seen the whole programme notes and not just the one sentence? Every single article is written around that one sentence that Andy mitten posted. You have to wonder if it’s been taken out of context

This is from post-match at the weekend and has been stirring since then...
    Jose wrote:
    I would like the supporters to explain to me why they don’t support him so much because he gives everything. I think it is not fair when scoring the goal or not scoring the goal makes the whole difference. I don’t think it is fair at all. So, I’m a bit disappointed – but not with him. With him (I am) very pleased.

I'm all for Jose protecting his players - His comments supporting Fellaini last year were required and on the money IMO. However, Fellaini was getting booed off/on to the pitch by a few thousand in Old Trafford. It was very noticeable and created headlines on its own at the time.

This current situation, it's not as clear-cut for me. Were the fans who were expressing discontent doing so at Rashford (an attacking player) being brought off, as opposed to Lukaku being left on?

At that time in the game, we had a barrage of defensive players on the field. What's to say that those fans weren't booing because they wanted to see one of those defensive players taken off instead? That maybe if Lukaku got pulled, the reaction could have been similar? Lukaku has scored some late goals for us. Maybe the fans wanted to see all three of Lukaku, Rashford and Martial on the field at the same time to try and get a much-needed home win for our title aspirations.

In the aftermath of the Rashford substitution and the 'booing of Lukaku', I heard the Old Trafford crowd give Lukaku great applause and support at least twice when he 1) hit a shot across the goal which Lloris parried, and 2) When he hit the post with a header. After the situation and ball went dead, the crowd continued their applause. He got some great support during the match IMO.

We don't know why that minority of the crowd were making the noise which Jose is talking about, but Jose seems intent on making headlines around an apparent disharmony between the fans and Lukaku. He said it post-match, and now it's mentioned again in the program notes for tonight's game. Hopefully that's the end of it.

Yes on Saturday there was some very mild discontent when Rashford got pulled, but it was more or less a non-event at the time - a low rumble under a loud round of applause. I honestly wouldn't have passed it much remarks and would even have thought it to be the opposition fans jeering Rashford.

It doesn't seem that the English press would picked up on it only Jose made some noise about it himself in the post-match. The headlines I've seen since Saturday have been about 'Jose chastises United fans over Lukaku'. In the past with Fellaini, the actual noise from the Old Trafford crowd made the noise on its own in the press.

It's a bit curious for me why this is being pursued, but it has obviously annoyed Jose. For anyone who wants their own mind refreshed and has access to the match (I better not provide a link) the substitution takes place at 69:25 in the game. Even Gary Neville commentating (who definitely would have called it out) didn't seem to notice a thing at the time.

Tinfoil hat theories...

Jose is deflecting from questions/attention over Pogba, who is actually away indefinitely on a quest with the lizard people.

Or, Jose wants to get more out of Lukaku without being the one to exert pressure on the player: "I love you Rom, but man did you hear that booing from the club's fans?" "What booing? I heard nothing." "Yeah, they were giving it all this - Lukaku, hiss, booooo - It was everywhere, what you gonna do?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Jones injured or rested?

• Advertisement

delighted to see Mctominay start.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Jones injured or rested?

Probably rested, Jose has been decent with giving him matches off.. seems to be working

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Well in that case Zlatan is a much better striker for when we are shutting up shop and need someone to hold up the ball. I personally think whether we play 352 or 433 both fellaini and pogba will be in the the team. I can see miki being dropped and pogba being given that free number 10 type role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Yes, and telling that they all point to the same issue. It's never a case of him not having the talent/potential/capability. If he can't develop the right commitment, attitude and mentality surrounded by the likes of Zlatan, Valencia, Fellaini etc. then I don't know what will have an impact. Such a sad story of so much potential possibly lost :(

Yes, and telling that they all point to the same issue. It's never a case of him not having the talent/potential/capability. If he can't develop the right commitment, attitude and mentality surrounded by the likes of Zlatan, Valencia, Fellaini etc. then I don't know what will have an impact. Such a sad story of so much potential possibly lost :(

The way I see it if he wasn’t trying he wouldn’t be on the bench so that’s a positive in itself.

Match thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Lukaku hugging the young keeper he consoled in the last game makes me happy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Really hope McTominay does well tonight.

Great run Tony v

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Smalling defends the corner really well, He got away with it.
    Costa falls on his arse and lucks out getting the ball, Solid defending.

TV3 logic.

Not started well, Mata needs to help out.
    Mctominey needs to pget a hold of the ball

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement