Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

TheDoc wrote: »
    And yet didn't Vertonghan have a fair while out last season? Did they drop points in that period?

Cool for them to be flipping profit, but they maybe should prefer doing it on the likes of Kane, Ali or Eriksson where their value multiplies based on their actual input to the team, and making the team better.

Kyle Walker for example, got him for like £2m or something, brings the team forward plays well then goes for monster money.

Spurs had some ropey results last August too I think? While its easy to say, but what if they miss out by a point or two? Would it not be shrewder to have the incomings done and dusted, with the manager and team, settled in pre-season, for the sake of a few million?

How many millions do they miss out on by this tight arse routine? How many "what ifs" when the team starts to break and Kane,Ali, Erikson, Alderwereld etc start to leave to go win something?

Maybe he doesn't care, maybe they can maintain the furor and narrative of overachieving, but I'd argue shrewder owners or Chief Execs would be cementing on progress and capitalising.

Jaysus Christ. I didnt mean an in depth analysis of the entire club. I simply meant he turned a complete €5m flop into a €10m profit for the club. Thats a masterstroke by anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Sanchez apparently put in a transfer request. GET ON THE PHONE, UNITED.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ravel Morrison's fall from extremely talented but troubled to "where is he now" is almost complete, he's moving from Lazio to Guadalajara.

Putting him in LB seems Pep like but who knows it may work.

Arsenal are becoming a joke, OX gone,Mustafi almost gone,Sanchez wanting out.
    Woody should be wining and dining whoever it takes to get him.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Putting him in LB seems Pep like but who knows it may work.

Play him in an attacking position.

Sanchez now a far better move than maybe Griezmann next summer.

Play him in an attacking position.

Sanchez now a far better move than maybe Griezmann next summer.

I guess. Spurs probably take Martial on loan for the season and could sweeten relations if we want Dier next summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

zerks wrote: »
    Arsenal are becoming a joke, OX gone,Mustafi almost gone,Sanchez wanting out.
    Woody should be wining and dining whoever it takes to get him.

Arsenal have been a joke for the past 10 years

I guess. Spurs probably take Martial on loan for the season and could sweeten relations if we want Dier next summer.

Martial has nothing to do with it, imo. Sanchez in mata'position on the right, just like where I reckon Griezmann will play if he comes. also see no reason to go for dier next summer. We have Matic, until we are looking to replace him dier or anyone like him isn't needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Break the bank for Sanchez

I can excuse his actions lately at a club with no ambition, we need a consistent game changer in attack to win the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

There's a serious crisis over at Arsenal atm. We should be all over trying to bring Sanchez to Utd. He is exactly what we need

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I am back, I was away and missed all of United's games so far and now an international break...
    I might be a good omen when away, the last 5 PL games I issed due to being away from home we have won, including against Chelsea in April and Spurs last December.
    I was in the US for the eclipse and also visited 6 national parks, a tribal park and a state park and 7 states so I had not been posting here, not that I was missed :pac:

Great to come back and be top of the league, lots of goals and none conceded. Lets hope this continues.

The transfer request was BS :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

RobertKK wrote: »
    I am back, I was away and missed all of United's games so far and now an international break...
    I might be a good omen when away, the last 5 PL games I issed due to being away from home we have won, including against Chelsea in April and Spurs last December.
    I was in the US for the eclipse and also visited 6 national parks, a tribal park and a state park and 7 states so I had not been posting here, not that I was missed :pac:

Great to come back and be top of the league, lots of goals and none conceded. Lets hope this continues.

Can you feck off for 9 months to the arse end of the Amazon or something

:D

brinty wrote: »
    Do you ever have anything positive to say?? I might be wrong and apologise if I am but I never see anything but negatives from you. We're doing well thus far three wins three clean sheets huge possession stats (which stops Liverpool's threat)
    And what makes anyone think Shaw or darmian would do better,both have been ripped apart in games too
    astradave wrote: »
    Jesus Christ Brinty, you really have the wrong person.. I mean completely wrong person
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Stu is one of best posters on this thread thingy.
    brinty wrote: »
    That's fair enough and apologies Stu

No sweat Brinty, and cheers to the two boys for being sound and replying better than I initially could have :pac: I've been posting a fair while Brinty for good and bad, recently changed the username from Stan to Stu. There's definitely things you can call me, if someone gives that much of a bollix, I didn't think being overly-negative was one of them though.

Anyway, I did make that post in the moment having just seen Salah do something he hopefully won't get the chance to do against us. It was also probably one of the first posts I made where I criticised Blind without pre-facing it with "I'm a fan of Blind's, but...".

I am a fan of Blind's, but I do think he has looked shaky at LB at times in pre-season first, and that has shown itself a few times so far in the league, IMO. Our back-line are solid, those zero goals conceded aren't a fluke, but I just feel that if there is a potential weak link in that back-line it's currently LB and Daley. No panic though, I like him. If he does make that goal-conceding mistake, I'm not really the 'told you so' kind and won't be looking at it as a total indictment of the player.

Don't get me wrong, Shaw and Darmian are potential liabilities in themselves, and there's no guarantee with them at the moment. At the time I made that post though and in reference to that goal, I was thinking more of Shaw's pace and Darmian's positioning which I both rate higher than Blind's.
    I think Darmian is fit at the moment actually - I would have him in the team over Blind at LB anyway.

I wasn't mad about Darmian playing LB for us at first, I thought he looked stronger at RB in the past. However, in many of his appearances at LB last season I thought he looked improved and competent in the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Can you feck off for 9 months to the arse end of the Amazon or something

:D

I should set up a Gofundme campaign :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Lads what do ye reckon the chances are of us signing Mahrez.

I see Leicester are signing Andros Townsend for around £27m (mad) and i couldnt help but notice how friendly Pogba and Lukaku were when talking to Mahrez after the game at the weekend.

Could be something in it. Maybe. Most likely not.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Lads what do ye reckon the chances are of us signing Mahrez.

I see Leicester are signing Andros Townsend for around £27m (mad) and i couldnt help but notice how friendly Pogba and Lukaku were when talking to Mahrez after the game at the weekend.

Could be something in it. Maybe. Most likely not.

According to the media,Leicester want Smalling, he could be a bargaining chip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Break the bank for Sanchez

I can excuse his actions lately at a club with no ambition, we need a consistent game changer in attack to win the league.

Would we need to though? Out of contract at end of season, could get him for 40mill

scudzilla wrote: »
    Would we need to though? Out of contract at end of season, could get him for 40mill

They sold Ox for £35 million. Not long left on his contact either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

£40m no chance. Can see him being sold to City anyway.

£40m no chance. Can see him being sold to City anyway.

Probably between 60-70m I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Think if we insult them they will make a point not to sell to us, City will pay whatever Arsenal want I'm guessing.

Hopefully he doesn't go there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Good game on mutv now lads ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

According to the media,Leicester want Smalling, he could be a bargaining chip.

Id happily take Mahrez for right wing pushing Mhiki inside to central

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Wow, 5 years ago to the day since my one and only visit to OT for a PL game so.

I'm also willing to setup a gofundme account if anyone wants to donate for future big clashes.

So would I, fast skillful creative threat. Reckon he'd form a nice partnership with Lukaku.

No hint of interest from us though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

https://twitter.com/SFR_Sport/status/902239374145933315

Aurier wants to move to us, but Spurs have offered more for him to PSG so they'd rather he go there.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/SFR_Sport/status/902239374145933315

Aurier wants to move to us, but Spurs have offered more for him to PSG so they'd rather he go there.

Would rather this one ;)

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/902247741157494784

They say they will have the names in the morning

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/902248175146295297

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

god I would ****ing adore another signing at utd. My kingdom for another LB

Mhiki has been playing central already, it's mata who loses out

https://twitter.com/MARCAinENGLISH/status/902296742670069760

No more business from Real.

At least they won't be tormenting us about De Gea for another while at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Would love be if it was the case that we hard even an outside chance of getting Fabinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nalz wrote: »
    Meh

Take that back,Paddy is never meh.

From 'that paper':

Luke Shaw to be given a 12 month extension so the club can protect it's investment.

Serge Aurier prefers a move to United over Spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Take that back,Paddy is never meh.

Nope, that was a sack full of mehness

Andreas is being farmed out to Valencia

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Andreas is being farmed out to Valencia

Reports for the last few days was Jose did not want that, but the player insisted.

Any idea what premium Liverpool are paying to agree to to trigger Keitas clause next season? Shame we couldn't do the same with Griezmann.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Any idea what premium Liverpool are paying to agree to to trigger Keitas clause next season? Shame we couldn't do the same with Griezmann.

I think I read it was 3 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

S.M.B. wrote: »

Very unlikely but what if the player got a serious injury or had a massive downturn in form. I know they may put these terms in the contract but it seems a small risk.

I think I read it was 3 million.

The clause is 48m next year. Reports are saying they are paying 65m I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The clause is 48m next year. Reports are saying they are paying 65m I think.

christ on a bike, they sure love throwing money away (Carroll, Benteke)

True, but no more riskier than making that investment in any player.

I guess it would depend on whether the only reason we didn't get him this season was because of the transfer ban or whether the deal was nowhere near completion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Very unlikely but what if the player got a serious injury or had a massive downturn in form. I know they may put these terms in the contract but it seems a small risk.

This point exactly...
    Look at these players with one or two seasons max of playing well...
    Mbappe - 18 years old, one season in France and potentially a fee of close to €200m
    Dembele - 19/20, one season in Germany and potentially a fee of close to €150m
    Keita - slightly older and relegated to to the third tier in France three seasons ago.. but release fee of £48m plus a premium...

Remember the 2014 season Adnan had and talk that PSG were ready to offer €40m for him that summer when he headed off to the world cup... that drop off in form is what you're really talking about and it can happen..

Really hope Pereira doesn't leave before the end of the window. I realise he has not been involved in the opening matches, but it is a very long season and I think we will need him a lot before it is done.

Matic, Pogba, Herrera, Fellaini and Carrick - not enough for the season, imo. Particularly given Carrick's age, I would think his use will be sparse.

• Advertisement

Really hope Pereira doesn't leave before the end of the window. I realise he has not been involved in the opening matches, but it is a very long season and I think we will need him a lot before it is done.

Matic, Pogba, Herrera, Fellaini and Carrick - not enough for the season, imo. Particularly given Carrick's age, I would think his use will be sparse.

Blind can play there and mctominey is still there as well. Plenty of cover. He will get little or no game time at utd. Valencia is a good move for him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement