Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

astradave wrote: »
    The clause is 48m next year. Reports are saying they are paying 65m I think.

We've paid the €48m and €3m bonus.

If Kieta wins the Champions League and the Bundesliga RBL get another €20m (that could be where you saw the 65m). If RBL qualify for CL they get an extra €10m and if they don't qualify then the final fee is the €51m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

scudzilla wrote: »
    christ on a bike, they sure love throwing money away (Carroll, Benteke)

and what, we haven't in the past?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Shrewd business by LFC if he is is as good as so many suddenly think he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

bangkok wrote: »
    Blind can play there and mctominey is still there as well. Plenty of cover. He will get little or no game time at utd. Valencia is a good move for him

He should get game time at United though. I'd have him ahead of both Carrick and Fellaini as a central midfield option. Carrick would be better defensively, but I think Pereira is a more mobile and offensive option.

As you love to point out in our discussions on why Madrid might sell Bale....

Pereira is a far better midfielder than either McTominay (the fetish some people seem to have for him is incredible, don't get it at all) or Blind. When was the last time you saw Blind played in midfield for us?

At the start of the summer i'd have argued for two CM signings, but Pereira being given that chance means, imo, only 1 required - and we got that in Matic. If Pereira is sold or loaned out we are back to not having enough good options for the season imo and have needlessly weakened ourselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

emmetkenny wrote: »

If Kieta wins the Champions League and the Bundesliga RBL get another €20m (that could be where you saw the 65m). If RBL qualify for CL they get an extra €10m and if they don't qualify then the final fee is the €51m.
    That's a weirdly structured deal. You would nearly expect it to be the opposite.

65m but they get less if they win the CL or RBL.

• Advertisement

Is Carrick injured or just not picked this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Is Carrick injured or just not picked this season?

Matic is just first choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

S.M.B. wrote: »
    That's a weirdly structured deal. You would nearly expect it to be the opposite.

65m but they get less if they win the CL or RBL.

I thought it was to compensate them more for losing the player. Obviously if he's a league and CL winner he's worth more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Madrid "fed up" with Bale,prepared to sell.United to offer €105 million.

https://twitter.com/footballespana_/status/902427542547779584

Doing the best to drum up some nonsense before the window closes? Jim Whyte will act as if this is legit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Blind can play there and mctominey is still there as well. Plenty of cover. He will get little or no game time at utd. Valencia is a good move for him

McTominay could do with a loan move himself and I just don't see Blind being played in midfield (although I do think it is his best position and could be a good option especially in EFL cup games).

Would perreira get more game time at Valencia? I don't know much about them these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Really hope Pereira doesn't leave before the end of the window. I realise he has not been involved in the opening matches, but it is a very long season and I think we will need him a lot before it is done.

Matic, Pogba, Herrera, Fellaini and Carrick - not enough for the season, imo. Particularly given Carrick's age, I would think his use will be sparse.
    Better for Andreas if he does. Given the meagre spattering of matches he'd get. No point him spending most of the time in the Under 21's not after last year 37 senior matches. Let him go to Valencia to play senior football weekly. I think they've Europa League this year aswell. We should not let him stagnate and go backwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

He should get game time at United though. I'd have him ahead of both Carrick and Fellaini as a central midfield option. Carrick would be better defensively, but I think Pereira is a more mobile and offensive option.

As you love to point out in our discussions on why Madrid might sell Bale....

Pereira is a far better midfielder than either McTominay (the fetish some people seem to have for him is incredible, don't get it at all) or Blind. When was the last time you saw Blind played in midfield for us?

At the start of the summer i'd have argued for two CM signings, but Pereira being given that chance means, imo, only 1 required - and we got that in Matic. If Pereira is sold or loaned out we are back to not having enough good options for the season imo and have needlessly weakened ourselves.

There is no way he is ahead of either carrick or fellaini though. He will only be ahead of carrick when carrick leaves next season.

Also you are going on worst case scenario if a load of players get injured. Ashley young will be used ahead of pereira as well if it came to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

pjohnson wrote: »

In my mind I think the last sentence

"Have a nice week. Hugs‎,"

Is directed at me

There is no way he is ahead of either carrick or fellaini though. He will only be ahead of carrick when carrick leaves next season.

Also you are going on worst case scenario if a load of players get injured. Ashley young will be used ahead of pereira as well if it came to it.

Yet again, I disagree with you. Gonna leave it at that.

Yet again, I disagree with you. Gonna leave it at that.

Mourinho agrees though and thats all that matters really

Mourinho also knows theres no point hording ALL the players. This isn't a FM save.

Best shut down all discussion on here so - such a crap way to try end a discussion.

"I think Darmian should start at LB ahead of Blind" - "Mourinho thinks Blind and thats all that matters really.

"I think Sanchez would be a good signing" - "Mourinho obviously doesn't and thats all that matters really"

"I think Fellaini is a poor player and should be replaced" - "Mourinho disagrees and thats all that matters really".

In fact, I'm going to look forward to using this line whenever you offer an opinion that differs to what Mourinho is doing.

Best shut down all discussion on here so - such a crap way to try end a discussion.

"I think Darmian should start at LB ahead of Blind" - "Mourinho thinks Blind and thats all that matters really.

"I think Sanchez would be a good signing" - "Mourinho obviously doesn't and thats all that matters really"

"I think Fellaini is a poor player and should be replaced" - "Mourinho disagrees and thats all that matters really".

In fact, I'm going to look forward to using this line whenever you offer an opinion that differs to what Mourinho is doing.

Hang on a minute, you just said in your previous post, "yet again i disagree with you so i will leave it at that"!!!

So thats a good way to end a discussion then?!

• Advertisement

Hang on a minute, you just said in your previous post, "yet again i disagree with you so i will leave it at that"!!!

So thats a good way to end a discussion then?!

Yes, rather than going round in circles on a discussion we won't agree on.

We can continue to discuss the merits of the players if you want - I don't mind.

I think Pereira is a better fit as a replacement for Pogba than Carrick or Fellaini (but not Herrera). In a midfield three I would see him as a better replacement for Pogba or Herrera than Carrick or Fellaini (or Blind, McTominay or Ashley Young...). I would see him as a better attacking central player to come in for Mkhitaryan than Lingard. In terms of ball usage, he is a better player than Lingard in every respect, imo. LIngards workrate is the only thing he has above him imo, and pace - in any position we play Lingard.

If you want to continue a discussion we clearly disagree on, fire ahead with your rebuttal.

If your rebuttal is just going to be "Well, Mourinho says so" then whats the point? I can't have the discussion with Mourinho.

Saying there is no point continuing a round and round discussion with you is very different to "Mourinho says so and thats all that matters". One is bowing out of a discussion, the other is saying there is no point in it.

Next time you say Fellaini shouldn't have come on or started: "Mourinho thinks he should, and thats all that matters" - "but we had better options available!" - "So what? Mourinho picked Fellaini, thats all that matters".

City making their move for sanchez and he has left chile training camp. Sky saying sterling or aguero could move the other way

City making their move for sanchez and he has left chile training camp. Sky saying sterling or aguero could move the other way

Both would be better players than Arsenal already have. I hope we are at least offering similar money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

City want to give them Sterling but Arsenal want Aguero.. tbf Aguero is worth more than Sanchez imo as Sanchez only has a year left, and I'd still rate Aguero as the best striker in the league atm

KH25 wrote: »
    Both would be better players than Arsenal already have. I hope we are at least offering similar money.

I think Sterling would be SUCH an arsenal signing. A massive downgrade on Sanchez in terms of quality. Don't think he would be any better in terms of attitude than they have either. Walcott MkII.

If Arsenal accept any bid for him, United should be finding out what it would take for us to have a bid accepted and give the transfer a real go rather than just sit back and watch it happen. If they need an attacking player in return though (low time to replace Sanchez) I could only see Rashford or Martial being of any use in discussions - and I'd not offer up either.

Maybe we could convince them to take Smalling!

City want to give them Sterling but Arsenal want Aguero.. tbf Aguero is worth more than Sanchez imo as Sanchez only has a year left, and I'd still rate Aguero as the best striker in the league atm

Sanchez possibly fits what City want better though. Maybe.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Doing the best to drum up some nonsense before the window closes? Jim Whyte will act as if this is legit.

In fairness it's all the Madrid based papers doing it.. Real have said that their transfer dealings are done though.

Sanchez possibly fits what City want better though. Maybe.

Probably, but they would be mad to give Aguero to Arsenal though as part of the deal, unless they think even with him they won't be a rival. Which is nonsense really

Hopefully Jose is waiting at Manchester Airport

emmetkenny wrote: »

That's a brilliant deal for liverpool if true, but very badly structured from a RB point of view

• Advertisement

That's a brilliant deal for liverpool if true, but very badly structured from a RB point of view

No matter what way it ends up, they get more than his release clause next summer.

No matter what way it ends up, they get more than his release clause next summer.

Good point..

In other news, Swansea close to getting Reneto Sanchez. Mad if true, would have expected a bigger club to take a chance with him on a loan deal

Good point..

In other news, Swansea close to getting Reneto Sanchez. Mad if true, would have expected a bigger club to take a chance with him on a loan deal

I'd take him at United if Pereira is being sent out on loan again (may as well sell him at this point, club clearly have no plan for him to progress at United)

Good point..

Going from Robben to Routledge is some shock.

I think Sterling would be SUCH an arsenal signing. A massive downgrade on Sanchez in terms of quality. Don't think he would be any better in terms of attitude than they have either. Walcott MkII.

If Arsenal accept any bid for him, United should be finding out what it would take for us to have a bid accepted and give the transfer a real go rather than just sit back and watch it happen. If they need an attacking player in return though (low time to replace Sanchez) I could only see Rashford or Martial being of any use in discussions - and I'd not offer up either.

I agree with you, although I would say Sterling is better than Walcott and the rest at arsenal.

I would honestly just throw money at Sanchez and Arsenal. I would be very confident of winning the league with him in the team.

Going from Robben to Routledge is some shock.

Going from the bench to playing every week, id say he will be very happy to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Would love a surprise signing for us before the window closes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

This. I think that’s our only real bargaining chip. Money alone wouldn’t convince them to sell. And to be honest I can’t see Sterling or Aguero wanting to go there. Smalling is facing a season on the bench and Arsenal would play him.

KH25 wrote: »
    I agree with you, although I would say Sterling is better than Walcott and the rest at arsenal.

I would honestly just throw money at Sanchez and Arsenal. I would be very confident of winning the league with him in the team.

Looking from the outside in, it seems sanchez has his heart set on a move to city so pointless making a move for him

Looking from the outside in, it seems sanchez has his heart set on a move to city so pointless making a move for him

Looking from the outside in, it seemed Lukaku had his heart set on a move to Chelsea so pointless making a move for him.

Maybe Arsenal would reject any bid. Maybe he'd reject any contract offer - but I just don't see why not attempting to sign a player who could make a massive difference, for simple fear of rejection, is a good way to act.

If we want Sanchez, make a move for him. If it fails, it fails, so be it.

From the outside in it seems Mitch and Bangkok are destined to disagree on everything possible.

• Advertisement

In fairness it's all the Madrid based papers doing it.. Real have said that their transfer dealings are done though.

I secretly wanted to rant at Jim Whyte :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

From the outside in it seems Mitch and Bangkok are destined to disagree on everything possible.

In fairness its about people's opinions and people will always disagree with somebody on something. Once its a healthy discussion don't see the issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

xtal191 wrote: »
    Would love a surprise signing for us before the window closes.

A right back would be the sensible option.

In fairness its about people's opinions and people will always disagree with somebody on something. Once its a healthy discussion don't see the issue

Ah yeah no harm. Just amusing in one morning the found two separate issues to disagree with each other over :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

From the outside in it seems Mitch has a great point.

If we don't make an inquiry we'll never know if we can get him or not. Should we do nothing for fear of rejection

Are you looking for a Mod job or something :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Are you looking for a Mod job or something :D

#KewforMOD....

zerks wrote: »
    A right back would be the sensible option.

A Brazilian named Fabinho would be the sensible option :D

If we are moving for Sanchez, it will be through his agent first to see if he would come to us. If he doesn't want to we won't hea anything about links to United through unofficial channels connected to the club.

No way we would just go in blind and have him move to city over us be very bad PR for the club.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement