Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

What a dopey thing to do regardless of whether it was deserved. At his age that could be a career ender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Fair **** to Evra. Take no ****e from them idiot fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Headshot wrote: »
    Fair **** to Evra. Take no ****e from them idiot fans

Yeah he's really going to have time to feel smug about taking no ****e when he has a 9 month ban at the tail end of his career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Jayop wrote: »
    Yeah he's really going to have time to feel smug about taking no ****e when he has a 9 month ban at the tail end of his career.

meh he was on his way out

Out in a blaze of glory I say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Jayop wrote: »
    What a dopey thing to do regardless of whether it was deserved. At his age that could be a career ender.

are we talking about Jose and the fans? :pac:

evra is a legend. take no sh1t

I LOVE THIS GAME HAHAHAHAHAHAA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Silly french man Kung Fu, with moves like that he'd pass his ban time on dancing with the stars.

pjohnson wrote: »
    No need for the "fans" being such eejits. If they can dish out the digs then they shouldn't start crying if Jose correctly tells them to shut it.Evra kicks them in the head

fyp :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

When the seagulls follow the trawler......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I almost dunno if I'd give Mkhi a smiley. I've found him quite frustrating overall. He can be great but he can be bloody kak. Last year in Europe he was great but the league was blotchy. This year great start but currently blotchy. If we do get Greizmann for RW I wouldnt be against moving Mkhi on and putting Mata central. Mata's consistency makes him more valuble imo, and its not like Mkhi is a youngster who'll become consistent.

Personally I would be doing away with both of them for the future.

Matic
    ----Herrera/Fellaini
    Pogba---
    AG/MR
    Martial/Rashford
    Lukaku

One man sitting in Matic with Pogba given the free role and Herrera being the water carrier. Well balanced defensively and offensively.

You can plug Mata or Miki in to the right wing position if needs be but I don't see them being key players in a couple of years.

Pogba will make a difference to both Miki and Lukaku when he is back and the number 10 will look better again but it is not something I expect to see once the right wing position is sorted properly.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Cowardly effort from Evra. At least Cantona went all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Was reading the "Evra attacks fan" thread, then saw astradaves post in said thread.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Was reading the "Evra attacks fan" thread, then saw astradaves post in said thread.

giphy.gif

I'm suprised it took until the 8th post for them to try and get some attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It still hurts them bless em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

It’s quite sad that Evras career will end this way, things have changed since cantona got nine months and a few weeks community service, Evra will never play again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'm not Evras biggest fan, but I am enjoying the hatred in that thread.

Lolz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

jayo26 wrote: »
    When the seagulls follow the trawler......

They get kicked in the head by a Frenchman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

My views on Evra will be perfectly consistent with my views on the Cantona incident.

Some people just need kicking.

• Advertisement

It still hurts them bless em

Great for a read with my coffee this morning :D

*Edit* bwhahahaha classic from astradave
    There goes me coffee!

thelad95 wrote: »
    It’s quite sad that Evras career will end this way, things have changed since cantona got nine months and a few weeks community service, Evra will never play again.

I think its actually funny. Did zidane no harm going out with a head butt. Some people deserve a good kicking

Really immature attitude shown throughout the last few pages. While I don’t doubt that the ‘victim’ had the IQ of a Brussels sprout and his behavior matched this, nobody ‘deserves a kicking’.

It doesn’t prove or help anything and will only serve to end Evras career in disgrace. There’s also a large enough target on a human head which if you connect with sweetly enough, you could kill a man stone dead. Given that Evra is a professional footballer and he was acting in a moment of rage, the likelihood of hitting this ‘sweetspot’ increases.

I’ve lost so much respect for him both as a player and as a person.

Really immature attitude shown throughout the last few pages. While I don’t doubt that the ‘victim’ had the IQ of a Brussels sprout and his behavior matched this, nobody ‘deserves a kicking’.

It doesn’t prove or help anything and will only serve to end Evras career in disgrace. There’s also a large enough target on a human head which if you connect with sweetly enough, you could kill a man stone dead. Given that Evra is a professional footballer and he was acting in a moment of rage, the likelihood of hitting this ‘sweetspot’ increases.

Ah stop!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Nothing to see here,self defence, move on.

Life was in danger.

If he was in the states he could have pulled a glock out, shot him and got a medal for bravery.

He could have killed him

https://youtu.be/CgyJR-1LYvE

The likelyhood of a normal person hitting the sweet spot must be small then because looking at the replays evra only made contact with his arm.

I agree it is shameful or whatnot but he ain't a united player anymore so we can leave the shame to someone else and laugh from the distance as others rage over it and try link it to us.

The thing was it was cowardly as well and he didnt really need to get involved. Had the barrier and his team mates between himself and the crowd. Threw a kick over the barriers and then retreated.

Deserves everything he gets now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

adox wrote: »
    The thing was it was cowardly as well and he didnt really need to get involved. Had the barrier and his team mates between himself and the crowd. Through a kick over the barriers and then retreated.

Deserves everything he gets now.

How is it cowardly, he isn't a super hero to engage 10-20 fans and fight them all on his own.

• Advertisement

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    How is it cowardly, he isn't a super hero to engage 10-20 fans and fight them all on his own.

He threw a kick at a fan and immediately retreated and left his teammates to deal with the fans who were now even more riled up. Pathetic.

Are grown adults really laughing at this? Or perhaps laughing more so at how Liverpool fans try to make this relevant to them which is admittedly amusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I wonder if he will go on to manage Real Madrid now

He threw a kick at a fan and immediately retreated and left his teammates to deal with the fans who were now even more riled up. Pathetic.

Are grown adults really laughing at this? Or perhaps laughing more so at how Liverpool fans try to make this relevant to them which is admittedly amusing.

You have no idea what led to that happening. What was said but i cant imagine it was pleasant considering all other players were having verbals with fans before evra got involved or match even started. So what, he kicked someone. He will get his punishment and we move on. No big deal

astradave wrote: »
    I wonder if he will go on to manage Real Madrid now

Man utd ambassador. Legend

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Explained in my original post

bangkok wrote: »
    You have no idea what led to that happening. What was said but i cant imagine it was pleasant considering all other players were having verbals with fans before evra got involved or match even started. So what, he kicked someone. He will get his punishment and we move on. No big deal

It’s not acceptable to kick someone, no matter what was said. Especially a fan of his own team. There will be no moving on from this. It’s the end of his career.

I really do worry about your attitude to violence if you think kicking someone in the head is something that can be brushed off as ‘so what’.

He can also say goodbye to any sponsorship or image deals he had as well as a possible role as Manchester United ambassador which a lot of retired players fall into. As well as his football career, this moment of sheer stupidity will cost him millions and affect his retirement plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

No need for the "fans" being such eejits. If they can dish out the digs then they shouldn't start crying if Jose correctly tells them to shut it.

Telling the way some people think the trust group are "crying".

They've been working with the club for a few years now on things like atmosphere, exchanging ideas, implementing changes and suggestions and what not. It's a connection between the club and the matchday going crowd. The club meet with groups like the Trust multiple times during the year discussing numerous topics and the likes. It's only made paper news because the manager has made it headline worthy news and it being twisted as some showdown or some nonsense.

It's called being an adult. The manager has moaned about the atmosphere and had a few pops at the fans, and the group in return are looking to see what the issues are and work collaboratively to try improve things or address issues.

I work in a toxic atmosphere in my workplace, not a hypothetical, it's actually a terrible environment where a lot of people don't like each other. I don't just tell people who complain about it to shut their noise, because I'm a critical cog in the machine that does amazing work and keeps critical infrastructure online by a thread. I sit down and hear the issues and work with people to try address it, or put in place some change or measure to try improve it. And I'm not even a senior manager.

Oh my god what an outrage, how dare people behave like adults and want to actually address a problem

Get a grip...

adox wrote: »
    Cowardly effort from Evra. At least Cantona went all in.

haha liked this.

Everyone remembers the kick from the king, but they forget the haymaker he threw as well :D

It’s not acceptable to kick someone, no matter what was said. Especially a fan of his own team. There will be no moving on from this. It’s the end of his career.

I really do worry about your attitude to violence if you think kicking someone in the head is something that can be brushed off as ‘so what’.

He can also say goodbye to any sponsorship or image deals he had as well as a possible role as Manchester United ambassador which a lot of retired players fall into. As well as his football career, this moment of sheer stupidity will cost him millions and affect his retirement plans.

Dont be silly!!

First of all he didnt kick him in the head, he kicked his arm.

Second of all, Eric cantona made millions on the back of his kung fu kick. Still has loads of sponsorship deals and is still huge at Nike.

Zidane heaebutted a player in a world cup final, he is now manager of real madrid.

Roy Keanes tackle on haaland, pre meditated, wrote about it his his book, said he had no regrets, was kept man utd captain, loads of sponsorship deals and is now ireland assistant manager and a pundit for ITV

I think you are being very over dramatic on this.

Evra will move on, will get loads of tv interviews, maybe do a book, tv work and wouldnt be surprised to see that he is a coach very shortly

This is a marvellous post.

Can you tell me what universe you live in, how it connected to ours to allow you communicate with us, and how I can get to this paradise of peace and love?

Think a lot will depend on what was said. I've only seen the video, but my first reaction, for Patrice Evra to kick a fan in the head, was a certain something was said, and if so, all power to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

He's not called mad Pat for nothing.  I think he could potentially be charged with assault, silly fecker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ron Atkinson is employed by the club despite his description of Desailly.

Horrible club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Haha. I needed a laugh this morning. Thanks for delivering. Deluded much?

jayo26 wrote: »
    Horrible club

I'd go as far as to say it's Joses fault Evra kicked a fan

Anyway chelsea this weekend, which chelsea player deserves a kick in the head? Im going for Hazard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Can't believe joe molloy is on boards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Paper talk saying Shaw will be allowed go on loan in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Januzaj has found himself back in the Belgian Squad. Anyone any news on how he is getting on at Sociedad since he left?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Think I read that Jose has settled his tax evasion case, paid the fine and that should be the end of that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement