Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Think I read that Jose has settled his tax evasion case, paid the fine and that should be the end of that.

Yep think you are right.. he said case has been closed

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/manchester-united/story/3256625/manchester-united-boss-jose-mourinho-pays-sum-to-settle-tax-case-in-spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

One less sideshow to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I'd go as far as to say it's Joses fault Evra kicked a fan

Jose wouldn't attack like that :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Januzaj has found himself back in the Belgian Squad. Anyone any news on how he is getting on at Sociedad since he left?

Nice assist here.

https://streamable.com/a8iqi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Apparently the fan shouted at Evra "i hate mondays"

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

In fairness to Evra the anti racism group is called KICK IT OUT.

bangkok wrote: »
    Apparently the fan shouted at Evra "i hate mondays"

:)

I hate when your funny.... I have to like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Mata chance at number 10 surely ????
    cant be any worse than mickey ryan at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jambofc wrote: »
    Mata chance at number 10 surely ????
    cant be any worse than mickey ryan at the moment

Mourinho just doesn't seem to like him there - either at Chelsea or United.

I could see Lingard getting that role again, did it vs Chelsea before.

• Advertisement

Imagine it would be Lingaard. Diligent, engine and has pace on the counter.

Mata at 10 is a pipedream I think, turfed on the right and thats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

love to no why he wont play mata there,lingard has had enough chances and very rarely produces

mata at 10 with matic and anders behind him makes a lot of the right noises for me anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jambofc wrote: »
    love to no why he wont play mata there,lingard has had enough chances and very rarely produces

mata at 10 with matic and anders behind him makes a lot of the right noises for me anyway

Lingard runs, and runs and runs, and runs. His workrate and defensive work is huge. That is a big reason Jose likes him, imo.

Also, I think he is a very intelligent footballer and positions himself well on the pitch and generally makes the right decision (execution another matter).

Lingard will do what Jose wants him to do, tactically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I still like Lingard. I know he has as many off games as good games but he does bring something to the team. Could we have better in there? Of course, but of the options we have now I'd prefer him to Mkhi on current form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Rumours in one of the rags that Pogs might travel with the squad on Sunday.

I'd rather not risk him (if true) at this point. Let him recupe over the international break and have him back injury free afterwards.

• Advertisement

Rumours in one of the rags that Pogs might travel with the squad on Sunday.

I'd rather not risk him (if true) at this point. Let him recupe over the international break and have him back injury free afterwards.

Yeah. Bottom line is that while this is a big game, it's still only 3 points and risking Pogba being out for another few months is putting more than 3 points at risk.

That said, if they think he's ready I won't complain.

I wouldnt mind McTominay getting a shout. Love to see him in a big game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Are we assuming Ander is going to man mark Hazard again? Cause I think he will. As a result I don't think we'll be playing with any 10 and Lingard will start but play a little deeper.

If we had more than 2 fit senior midfielders we'd be dropping them into the starting XI.

Are we assuming Ander is going to man mark Hazard again? Cause I think he will. As a result I don't think we'll be playing with any 10 and Lingard will start but play a little deeper.

If we had more than 2 fit senior midfielders we'd be dropping them into the starting XI.

I don't know if he will. Last year we had Pogba to provide the creativity while Ander was chasing Hazard. Without Pogba I think we'd need Ander to be getting on the ball.

Personally if there's to be a man marking job I'd rather see someone else get it.

Jayop wrote: »
    I don't know if he will. Last year we had Pogba to provide the creativity while Ander was chasing Hazard. Without Pogba I think we'd need Ander to be getting on the ball.

Personally if there's to be a man marking job I'd rather see someone else get it.

Matic surely would be man marking this time round,

Herrera was very sloppy on the ball in the Pool game though

• Advertisement

I reckon we could see a Matic Herrera McTominay midfield and Lingard playing on the right/Rashford the left

beakerjoe wrote: »

Jesus I wouldn't waste Matic giving him a man to man job.

beakerjoe wrote: »

Matic won’t be man marking a player that about twice as fast as him, Herrera has the speed to keep up with Hazard..

astradave wrote: »
    Matic won’t be man marking a player that about twice as fast as him, Herrera has the speed to keep up with Hazard..

As does Lingard actually. I think he'd have the discipline to do it too.

Wouldnt be surprised to see phil jones doing a man marking job on hazard

Would imagine it will be given to a midfielder, as Jose would want two dedicated CB's occupying the space Morata will be in and players like Willian and Pedro like to drift into.

Expect Hererra to be given the nod again. Would however be shocked if Hazard doesn't work out how to deal with it. He looked a bit mediocre last time around in that respect. Top players get man marked or double up on, and they need to figure it out

TheDoc wrote: »
    Would imagine it will be given to a midfielder, as Jose would want two dedicated CB's occupying the space Morata will be in and players like Willian and Pedro like to drift into.

Expect Hererra to be given the nod again. Would however be shocked if Hazard doesn't work out how to deal with it. He looked a bit mediocre last time around in that respect. Top players get man marked or double up on, and they need to figure it out

Sorry meant Jones playing in midfield doing that exact job. Smalling bailly 2 centre backs. 3 in midfield matic herrera and jones marking hazard rashford lingard and lukaku in the forwards

Normally I'd agree but if he's fit he's playing too well at CB to not play there. Just like Matic with DM and Herrera as our only midfield playmaker (while not playing well right now). I think Lingard could be a decent shout there, or maybe Young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Before the influx of whining about formations/team selections/tactics.

We've beaten Chelsea twice in 19 years at the bridge in the league

A draw on Sunday is a fantastic point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

limnam wrote: »

That may be but doesn’t mean all of the above can’t be critiqued as they unfold.

This is a discussion forum after all. Also “whining” is a bit disingenuous.

• Advertisement

A draw historically would be a great point, but should Arsenal lose to City in the early game then that really puts us on the back foot and may even force Jose's hand a little.

Going into an away game at Chelsea 8 points down after 10 games when we really haven't had a bad start is quite unreal.

it's also a weaker looking Chelsea team than we've seen for a long time. A win puts them 7 behind us and 12 off the lead.

limnam wrote: »

A draw would be a good result providing we try and get all 3 points and show a lot more than we did at liverpool. Think most would be happy with that. An ultra defensive performance after city hammer arseanl i dont think fans will be happy

A draw would be a good result providing we try and get all 3 points and show a lot more than we did at liverpool. Think most would be happy with that. An ultra defensive performance after city hammer arseanl i dont think fans will be happy

That's some post right there.

A draw is only a good result if we go for a win?

So is a loss an ok result as long as we go for a win?

We are not going to Chelsea and trying to win a game by out playing them that won't happen we will go there and try catch them on the break that's how he rolls and how he wins stuff.

Why are fans so suddenly against all this now? It's not entertaining but it's how he does it and how he wins if we don't win the league this year it will be because of poor performances against Huddersfield and stoke that cost us not draws away to Chelsea and Liverpool.

jayo26 wrote: »

We are not going to Chelsea and trying to win a game by out playing them that won't happen we will go there and try catch them on the break that's how he rolls and how he wins stuff.

Why are fans so suddenly against all this now? It's not entertaining but it's how he does it and how he wins if we don't win the league this year it will be because of poor performances against Huddersfield and stoke that cost us not draws away to Chelsea and Liverpool.

Against Chelsea this sunday, Id be happy with a draw or and delighted with a win no matter how we play, its the result that matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Hopefully we try to attack, and loose 3-0. Would that be ideal bangkok?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

A defensive approach can be a team trying to get three points.

Yes, they need to do better with the ball than they did against Liverpool but without the ball I expect the same.

City result is not relevant.

If we show more attacking intent and not have martial or rashford playing as a left back most of the game or leave lukaku isolated up front.

DM_7 wrote: »
    A defensive approach can be a team trying to get three points.

Yes, they need to do better with the ball than they did against Liverpool but without the ball I expect the same.

City result is not relevant.

City result is very relevant ro both teams. If they beat arsenal they are 12 clear of chelsea before ko meaning chelsea will have to go for all 3 points making game more open for us to counter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭secman

T

Nothing sudden about it at all , never wanted his style of management next or near the club.

• Advertisement

secman wrote: »
    Nothing sudden about it at all , never wanted his style of management next or near the club.

So what's your trade off ?? Would you prefer suffer a few games of boring football for trophies or have rock and roll football like pool and no hope of a trophies?

City seem to have the mix of both worlds at the moment but they have yet to actually win a trophie under pep.
    That will more then likely change this summer alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So what's your trade off ?? Would you prefer suffer a few games of boring football for trophies or have rock and roll football like pool and no hope of a trophies?

City seem to have the mix of both worlds at the moment but they have yet to actually win a trophie under pep.
    Apparently Liverpool/Blackpool style is better. High scoring a f*** all silverware but wahey we get excitement.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

City result is very relevant ro both teams. If they beat arsenal they are 12 clear of chelsea before ko meaning chelsea will have to go for all 3 points making game more open for us to counter

Chelsea and United are going into this game looking to win. How they try to do it won't change because of what City do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

DM_7 wrote: »
    Chelsea and United are going into this game looking to win.

Well, that's the rub isn't it. Are they both?

My comment was in relation to the "sudden" problem fans had with Mourinho' s tactics.......

pjohnson wrote: »
    Apparently Liverpool/Blackpool style is better. High scoring a f*** all silverware but wahey we get excitement.

Why are you talking about other teams ? I'm only interested in United

• Advertisement

secman wrote: »
    My comment was in relation to the "sudden" problem fans had with Mourinho' s tactics.......

Yes saying you didn't want the style jose brings so I asked what would you prefer?

Yes saying you didn't want the style jose brings so I asked what would you prefer?

I’d prefer to ask who realistically would secman prefer?

astradave wrote: »
    I’d prefer to ask who realistically would secman prefer?

Yea that's a fair point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Spoilt fackas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Answered your own question there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement