Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

bangkok wrote: »
    I think the people who are outraged at evra were the same ones who said daley blind and phil jones should be sacked by the club for giving abuse to drug testers after europa league final!!

A nothing story imo. Evra is 36, barely in the marseille team, semi retired.

A utd legend and imo will be a club ambassador soon (if he wants it that is)

Utter nonsense as usual.

Only you could try to play down and sweep under the carpet an ex player attacking fan. All because you like the player and in your world it all seems to be black and white, with no grey at all.

It’s a story for anyone interested in soccer no matter who the player is. The fact that he was an ex united player made it even more relevant to this thread.

Saying he is a Utd legend repeatedly is utterly irrelevant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Evras contact has been terminated
    Seems to be doing the rounds this morning
    Talking about this seriously, I'd say Evra may have put that at slight risk at being associated with the club in the future
    I'd imagine it's the first thing that he would be questioned on in an interview

It's a wrong thing to do but do you really think it will effect him long term?

How has what zidane done effected him?
    How has Suarez biting people effected him?
    How has cantona kicking a fan effected him?

The list goes on and on troy deaney was called a model club captain for Watford a few weeks ago....

Again not making light of what evra did it was a stupid thing to do and I'm sure he will be rightfully charged with assault but long term people move on and he should serve his punishment.

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's a wrong thing to do but do you really think it will effect him long term?

How has what zidane done effected him?
    How has Suarez biting people effected him?
    How has cantona kicking a fan effected him?

The list goes on and on troy deaney was called a model club captain for Watford a few weeks ago....

Again not making light of what evra did it was a stupid thing to do and I'm sure he will be rightfully charged with assault but long term people move on and he should serve his punishment.

I'm just saying it's a slight possibility and won't be ignored and I'd expect it would be questioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Funny how nobody is getting attacked commenting on Evra who left years ago and mentioning Rooney here earlier on in the season was met with something on the lines of he’s not a united player so don’t talk about him here!!!

Also see Hype sports trying to make something out of Jose’s snub of United fans. His job is to manage the team, not pander to the crowd. If the players feel he is taking pressure off them and protecting them then I don’t care about what is going on.

Fans can boo all they want, but the team is doing as well as it’s done since SAF retired. Not just that, Jose is doing what he does at every club , WTF did fans think was going to happen? Anybody who watches football seriously is not surprised by this , including the Liverpool bore fest so I don’t understand why it’s taken this long for people to cop it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

In fairness I would love to know what The reactions would be if it was Fellaini doing it while on international duty..

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »
    Funny how nobody is getting attacked commenting on Evra who left years ago and mentioning Rooney here earlier on in the season was met with something on the lines of he’s not a united player so don’t talk about him here!!!

Also see Hype sports trying to make something out of Jose’s snub of United fans. His job is to manage the team, not pander to the crowd. If the players feel he is taking pressure off them and protecting them then I don’t care about what is going on.

Fans can boo all they want, but the team is doing as well as it’s done since SAF retired. Not just that, Jose is doing what he does at every club , WTF did fans think was going to happen? Anybody who watches football seriously is not surprised by this , including the Liverpool bore fest so I don’t understand why it’s taken this long for people to cop it!

Seemingly it hasn't taken this long they just didn't voice their concerns until a few bad performances came along

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,286 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Must trying to organise a meeting with JM is the biggest load of self serving ****e I have heard in a while. JM right not to meet with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Has Evras contract been terminated? Sign him up if so! We need a left back anyway and he would be well worth his weight in rivals tears.

Has Evras contract been terminated? Sign him up if so! We need a left back anyway and he would be well worth his weight in rivals tears.

From the statement yesterday he just been suspended while pending investigation. He won't play football again this season anywhere in Europe you can be sure of that when uefa are done.

From the statement yesterday he just been suspended while pending investigation. He won't play football again this season anywhere in Europe you can be sure of that when uefa are done.

Sign him up anyway. Club ambassador and crowd control.

Maybe he could teach Shaw and Jones how to lift their leg head height without getting injured.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

SlickRic wrote: »
    You give the reasonable amongst your fan base a terrible name. A nothing story my hoop. He kicked a guy in the fúcking head.

No he didnt, he kicked his arm/shoulder

adox wrote: »
    Utter nonsense as usual.

Only you could try to play down and sweep under the carpet an ex player attacking fan. All because you like the player and in your world it all seems to be black and white, with no grey at all.

It’s a story for anyone interested in soccer no matter who the player is. The fact that he was an ex united player made it even more relevant to this thread.

Saying he is a Utd legend repeatedly is utterly irrelevant.

Utter nonsense?

Eric Cantona jumped the advertising board at selhurst park, sent a flying kick to a lad in the chest, followed that up with a proper punch to the head. He got a 9 month ban.

Did it effect his likeability or his sponsorship deals? Did it fu*k, he became an even bigger star after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Six of one half dozen of the other tbh.

He aimed a kick at a supporter and connected, where he connected is irrelevant.

Six of one half dozen of the other tbh.

He aimed a kick at a supporter and connected, where he connected is irrelevant.

But he didnt kick him in the head.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

The fúcking arm/shoulder even

Great debate today :):)

parts-of-the-body-english.jpg

Be tough day today discussion wise as none of the big teams are playing

astradave wrote: »

Nicely played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Nalz wrote: »
    The fúcking arm/shoulder even

Could be worse,he could have punched a DJ for not playing Phil Collins.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Could be worse,he could have punched a DJ for not playing Phil Collins.;)

World has gone mad.

You'd surely hit a DJ for playing Phil Collins 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

We're apparently not allowed to discuss other teams in here anyway.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

giphy.gif

Chips everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

They are more likely to than we are.

City are more likely to win something this season than Utd?

Fair point, from a 'neutral' observer’s pov.

Not sure most Utd fans would agree.

Even those not a fan of Mourinho's style could acknowledge that he wins trophies by any means necessary. SAF was always capable of tactical flexibility especially in big games too lest anyone forget.

Guardiola's weakness is his rigidity to a certain style and it's yet to be proven if he can succeed with that approach in the PL. The other golden boy of dogmatic tactics is edging towards the door at Liverpool.

Zico wrote: »

Even those not a fan of Mourinho's style could acknowledge that he wins trophies by any means necessary. SAF was always capable of tactical flexibility especially in big games too lest anyone forget.

Guardiola's weakness is his rigidity to a certain style and it's yet to be proven if he can succeed with that approach in the PL. The other golden boy of dogmatic tactics is edging towards the door at Liverpool.

Style beats substance. I have seen the phrase "moral victory" bandied about a few times recently. It seems to mean you got stuffed but played "pretty" so its a victory. I dont know what you get in the moral table but I doubt its silverware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Zico wrote: »

I find it pretty absurd that some fans can't acknowledge this as seen in the "back and forth" of the past few pages.

This may be sacrilegious to say but I think we'd have won a few more CL titles being a bit more willing to win ugly in the pre-Ronaldo years.

Dominating the PL gave us a false sense of superiority and we got found out by some average teams like Monaco and Porto.

Still I'd take the 13 PL titles over half that many CL any day.

Well we aren't technically but as with most discussions they waver and wander away from topic sometimes. Its just the constant fawning over city constantly by a few posters is very annoying. If you want to discuss city so much they do have thier own thread. Honestly, If it was an opposition fan they'd have been carded for wummimg at this point the way some go on.

ya city have had a great start, woop di fecking doo... NEXT

I think United are more likely to win the CL than the PL this season.

• Advertisement

Well we aren't technically but as with most discussions they waver and wander away from topic sometimes. Its just the constant fawning over city constantly by a few posters is very annoying. If you want to discuss city so much they do have thier own thread. Honestly, If it was an opposition fan they'd have been carded for wummimg at this point the way some go on.

This thread is more a Manchester thread. Half the time they (criticise) United the other half they (praise) City. It does for both Manchester clubs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I actually fully agree.

Meanwhile, guess whose back in training apparently...

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/926772271527661569

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I don't think it's fawning. I think people are just acknowledging how good they are and raising their concerns about whether this United side and the tactics/mentality will be enough to overtake them over the course of a season. You could say the same about the constant talk and digs at Liverpool in here too. Works both ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Surely talking about City in the context of being Uniteds closest PL rivals is a lot more relevant than the weekly "none of the big teams are playing" posts.

I'd also say the reason it's talked about so much is because certain posters outright dismiss it leading to the continuous bickering which I agree gets tiresome.

I don't think it's fawning. I think people are just acknowledging how good they are and raising their concerns about whether this United side and the tactics/mentality will be enough to overtake them over the course of a season. You could say the same about the constant talk and digs at Liverpool in here too. Works both ways.

There is no digs at Liverpool we only throw digs at big clubs so your wrong there...

But yeh I get people raising concerns and the truth is if city keep going like they are they is no way United will come close to them but will that be a fault at United for not building the squad up faster or testement to city for buying the right players over the years?

Like for sure since Ferguson retired we have been all over the place under two previous managers we bought a lot of wrong players that simply were not up to standard or haven't lived up to what they were ment too but in the past 18 months our signings have been pretty good but we have also been playing catchup to others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

parts-of-the-body-english.jpg

Not a great poster tbf. It doesn't point out the hole, and that's where I've a pain with all this.

• Advertisement

I'd take it over the PL this season, not that it would shut the Mourinho haters up. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I'd say so

Utter nonsense?

Eric Cantona jumped the advertising board at selhurst park, sent a flying kick to a lad in the chest, followed that up with a proper punch to the head. He got a 9 month ban.

Did it effect his likeability or his sponsorship deals? Did it fu*k, he became an even bigger star after that.

Yeah and it was headline news all over the world. You said it’s a nothing story yada yada which is clearly nonsense.

Can’t keep giving it to Matic so....

He’s had a couple of real stand out performances along with a couple of ineffectual performances and has scored goals.

The stand out performances were very memorable so wouldn’t have a problem giving it to him although I think Rashford has been excellent too.

• Advertisement

Can’t keep giving it to Matic so....

He’s had a couple of real stand out performances along with a couple of ineffectual performances and has scored goals.

The stand out performances were very memorable so wouldn’t have a problem giving it to him although I think Rashford has been excellent too.

I think de gea has been equally as good its probably a good thing he not been noticed as much.

Yeah and it was headline news all over the world. You said it’s a nothing story yada yada which is clearly nonsense.

Kim Kardashian changing her hair colour is also headline news all over the world, but no one really cares about that either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Kim Kardashian changing her hair colour is also headline news all over the world, but no one really cares about that either

Tell that to her millions of followers.

Ha. Utterly bizzare response.

I think de gea has been equally as good its probably a good thing he not been noticed as much.

Yeah good shout. Has been back to his best again.

This made me laugh so much haha classic bangkok.

What colour is she now by the way?

This made me laugh so much haha classic bangkok.

What colour is she now by the way?

Blonde.

My favourite kim and kanye video

https://youtu.be/2R0obyukRI4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Does she play on the left or right wing or is she better up front? ;)

Blonde.

My favourite kim and kanye video

https://youtu.be/2R0obyukRI4

I hope thats a joke but I darent click the link. I think we can all agree if that is a Kim and Kanye vid then its a red card + 18 month ban right?

Does she play on the left or right wing or is she better up front? ;)

Very good with her back to the keeper ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement