Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

pjohnson wrote: »
    I hope thats a joke but I darent click the link. I think we can all agree if that is a Kim and Kanye vid then its a red card + 18 month ban right?

"He could have been killed". :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Kim Kardashian could be good signing for teams struggling to fill seats.

..i'll get my coat.

Fellaini and Rojo have travelled with the squad according to Sam Luckhurst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

"He could have been killed". :):)

Sign post was hit with a 12 week ban

bangkok wrote: »
    Sign post was hit with a 12 week ban

Did it hit him in the head or shoulder?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Fellaini and Rojo have travelled with the squad according to Sam Luckhurst.

https://twitter.com/mufcscoop/status/926821050658070534

Probably won't feature tomorrow but should be good to go after the international break.

if fellaini is fit and has trained with the squad during the week he will start

if fellaini is fit and has trained with the squad during the week he will start

He's a lemon and he'll be sold in January.

It's mad seeing someone say that to Bangkok!^^

If Fellaini is sold in January, I'll eat a whole lemon with the skin intact.

r/madlads

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There's been a lot of links to Besikyas with Fel. Apparently he's out of opcontract in summer. Hoping he signs a new one but he may see it as his final chance for a payday, or a chance to be the star of the team ahead of the World Cup. :(

Lord TSC wrote: »
    There's been a lot of links to Besikyas with Fel. Apparently he's out of opcontract in summer. Hoping he signs a new one but he may see it as his final chance for a payday, or a chance to be the star of the team ahead of the World Cup. :(

Very important player for us, I'd hate to see him leave next Summer never mind in January.

I'd like to believe that if he returns to the team in the form that he left it, that final payday will come soon in the form of a new contract at United.

His place is safe enough in the Belgian NT at the moment, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Zico wrote: »

Well at least we know its all a wind up

dont be so bitter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

the club has the option of another year extension, so no way he leaves for nothing, I can actually see him signing a new deal with us, and to be honest I hope he does, a very effective player for us, now that Jose has him playing in the proper part of the pitch,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Yeah well people have been telling us how useless he is and have had him sold in the next window since he signed.

• Advertisement

dont be so bitter!!

I know you love his awkward unskilled fumbling contribution to the team and the standard that sets but I think he's the worst signing since Ralph Milne.

Where's my lemon? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Just noticed that the four teams we’ve beaten 4-0 are now 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th I the league. We really did get an easy start to the season. I’ve seen Swansea and West Ham today and they’re both comically bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Just noticed that the four teams we’ve beaten 4-0 are now 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th I the league. We really did get an easy start to the season. I’ve seen Swansea and West Ham today and they’re both comically bad.

Thing is last season we drew those games at least we are finishing off the bad teams this season

adox wrote: »
    Yeah well people have been telling us how useless he is and have had him sold in the next window since he signed.

I've said the same about Ed Woodward and we're stuck with him too.

Losing either would be enough for me in one go. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I know you love his awkward unskilled fumbling contribution to the team and the standard that sets but I think he's the worst signing since Ralph Milne.

Where's my lemon? :p

Not even close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Swansea held spurs
    Everton held city
    Westham beat a strong spurs side in the cup
    Liverpool barley got over the line against palace.

Chelsea are the only team to have a positive goal difference against us in the EPL. 66-61.
    C'mon lads,a 5-0 or better tomorrow to redress the balance.

Boom - bust is officially back to boom. ;)

Boom - bust is officially back to boom. ;)

What are you talking about now?

Houses?

New German cars?

Retro Utd shirts?

ESPN saying Bilic to be sacked and Moyes to replace him. Championship football for them next season so.
    I wonder if he'll try to break the crossing record seeing as Andy Carroll is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Chelsea are the only team to have a positive goal difference against us in the EPL. 66-61.
    C'mon lads,a 5-0 or better tomorrow to redress the balance.

3-0 would do

ESPN saying Bilic to be sacked and Moyes to replace him. Championship football for them next season so.
    I wonder if he'll try to break the crossing record seeing as Andy Carroll is there?

Moyes is a good manager. You cannot dismiss 10 years at everton where they were extremely hard to beat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Great news. Having Fellaini is huge for a match like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Moyes is a good manager. You cannot dismiss 10 years at everton where they were extremely hard to beat

No you can't but likewise you also can't dismiss the turgid football we played. A good manager makes a team better than the sum of their parts, Moyes hasn't done that in 5 years. Soceidad was bad, Sunderland was appalling.

He will get another shot in the league but needs to be selective. West Ham would be good for him to be fair but I don't think there is a fan in the country that would be inspired by the prospect of him taking over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

It’s ironic that Fellaini signing was used to beat Moyes over the head as an example of how bad a manager he was and now he’s generally appreciated by fans...

I don’t agree with a lot of your comments but you are correct about his Everton team and that he is a good manager. I think he would be potentially good for West Ham. His problem might be that he’s been out of the game at that level for awhile.

David Moyes has been given relatively low hurdles at the last three clubs he's been at, and failed spectacularly at them all. All anyone can say about him is that 6 years ago, he was "hard to beat", which in and of itself is also the most backhanded compliment I've ever heard. (People don't even focus on the fact he could get wins or whatever at Everton, it was just "hard" to beat him. Not impossible, mind. Just "hard").

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

I knew reading the Evra thread was going to be a bad idea. But I still did it.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

David Moyes has been given relatively low hurdles at the last three clubs he's been at, and failed spectacularly at them all. All anyone can say about him is that 6 years ago, he was "hard to beat", which in and of itself is also the most backhanded compliment I've ever heard. (People don't even focus on the fact he could get wins or whatever at Everton, it was just "hard" to beat him. Not impossible, mind. Just "hard").

Being hard to beat is enough for some clubs and is ok for managers/clubs that should know their limits....

Sam Allardyce , Alan Curbishly and Tony Pulis type teams that won’t win anything but will usually maintain their premier league status... I would put Moyes in that bracket...

CR 7 wrote: »
    I knew reading the Evra thread was going to be a bad idea. But I still did it.:pac:

You could predict how it would go the minute it started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

A mix of excitement and nerves now.

Think we're well capable of beating them. But they can trounce us on their day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Cant see Jose deviating too far from his usual approach to the big away games. I think we'll get a draw and Jose will be pleased enough with it.

If Chelsea come out and play I think we can kill him them on the counter but Conte will never let this happen.

Draw written all over this one imo.

Also, Seriously hope Arsenal don't roll over against city here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Arsenal are playing muck it's about time Jose was sacked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I agree with you here, but all I can see picture this post is this:

DavidMitchellRadio_3534367b.jpg

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

50 goals for City this season and it's only the 5th of November.

Oh boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

J. Marston wrote: »

Oh boy.

Careful now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Drumpot wrote: »
    It’s ironic that Fellaini signing was used to beat Moyes over the head as an example of how bad a manager he was and now he’s generally appreciated by fans...

Only idiots used that as a stick to beat him with.

His first transfer window as a whole was shocking for reasons that have been discussed to death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,174 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

J. Marston wrote: »

Oh boy.

Bangkok must be ecstatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

classic jose set-up 2 counters and 2-0 united

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Careful now.

I see you have changed your notifications from Rooney to City

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

astradave wrote: »
    I see you have changed your notifications from Rooney to City

No I just keep up to date with the thread like you do and post when I have something to say.

At least you got to keep that hilarious gag going though and bring in a few thanks too. Mission accomplished.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

No surprises there 343.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Kante back, for fúck sake.

We won't get a thing done with him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement