Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

jayo26 wrote: »
    They wont be any bumping up of griezmann he has a buy out clause if he wants to join us it's straight forward.

That would rather beg the question of why we would be selling Herrera to them then? A few others suggested the reason for such a deal would be too ease a Greizmann transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Is Evra banned from playing domestic football?

I actually don't think he is the ban says from uefa competitions but BBC website said as he had played for Marseille he wouldn't be eligible for European football anyway.

He would definitely be able play in America or China if he wanted I'd imagine he would also be able play in England or where ever he hasn't been banned by any football association.

That would rather beg the question of why we would be selling Herrera to them then? A few others suggested the reason for such a deal would be too ease a Greizmann transfer.

So if United offer Madrid 90 million euro (if that's the buy out clause now I'm not sure) for griezman and they say no we aint selling him thank you the only way we can get him is if griezmann actually pays the clause himself same as ander did which involves him saying he wants to leave Madrid which he may not want to do.

If they want Herrera and already have costa coming in then we could say we will give you 60 million and ander for griezman and it's less messy for player.

Maybe he has an agreement with them already he can join is for a fee in summer I donno if that's the case we wouldn't need any player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

luke shaw is still only 22, needs to get a few games under his belt and a run in the team, how you expect a lad to get match fit when he is not even getting games in the league cup or champions league group stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

bangkok wrote: »
    luke shaw is still only 22, needs to get a few games under his belt and a run in the team, how you expect a lad to get match fit when he is not even getting games in the league cup or champions league group stage

Maybe his attitude and application are sh1t in training and he hasn't worked his way to deserving that chance.

He could get fit but running, and putting in work on the training pitch, to get to a point where he can even play an U23 match and not look like he has just returned from a summer in Ibiza.

I think there is great potential in Shaw, and i was delighted when we signed him but it doesn't look like it is working out and I don't think that can be blamed on Mourinho. If Shaw at left back gave United a better chance of winning a football match then any other option available to Jose I believe he would play Shaw. The fact Shaw isn't playing ahead of Ashley Young, Daily Blind or Darmian at left back tells me there is an issue with Luke Shaw.

how you expect a lad to get match fit

The same way everybody else does it?

You know, all those other players like Jones, Pogba, Felliani who get injured, recover, work on their fitness and demonstrate in training that they are ready to return to action?

Its crazy, but it just might work. Though considering Shaw has been available for months now I accept that it might not suit his personal approach to professional football.

Maybe his attitude and application are sh1t in training and he hasn't worked his way to deserving that chance.

He could get fit but running, and putting in work on the training pitch, to get to a point where he can even play an U23 match and not look like he has just returned from a summer in Ibiza.

I think there is great potential in Shaw, and i was delighted when we signed him but it doesn't look like it is working out and I don't think that can be blamed on Mourinho. If Shaw at left back gave United a better chance of winning a football match then any other option available to Jose I believe he would play Shaw. The fact Shaw isn't playing ahead of Ashley Young, Daily Blind or Darmian at left back tells me there is an issue with Luke Shaw.

maybe not all of it, but he has to take some of the blame.... look at kevin de bruyne, mourinho said his attitude was poor, probably the best player in the premier league right now, salah another player, showing his class now in the league with liverpool, Bonucci at Inter. think he needs the managers trust, def should have played league cup game

maybe not all of it, but he has to take some of the blame.... look at kevin de bruyne, mourinho said his attitude was poor, probably the best player in the premier league right now, salah another player, showing his class now in the league with liverpool, Bonucci at Inter. think he needs the managers trust, def should have played league cup game

My dad is a chelsea fan and was only saying last week that KDBs attitude at Chelsea was utter sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Not a chance. A top club don't need to gamble on Shaw they can gamble on potential instead of potential and fitness a lesser club wouldn't gamble 30 million on him it would be crazy.

I could easily see the likes of a Everton or West Ham paying it

My dad is a chelsea fan and was only saying last week that KDBs attitude at Chelsea was utter sh1t.

because he wasnt getting a game... you need to give a player the chance to play and show what he can do or they lose interest and look for a move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,170 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

De Bruyne matured with age and after being knocked down a few pegs and sent to Germany. De Bruyne probably thought he "made it" at Chelsea so had to be knocked down a peg. Bonucci took 3 years AFTER Mourinho left to finally play in Serie A and that was with Bari. And that was after getting relegated from Serie B with Treviso the year he left Inter. Bonucci is well known for being a major late bloomer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It's kind of hard to say. It was on Mourinho's word that his attitude was bad. He only started 2 games before he was shipped out. The first game he started he was the first game of the season and he was one of the best players on the pitch, getting an assist. Lost his place after that and had one game to prove himself in the League Cup where he was sh*te (the whole team was sh*te that day)

After that he was frozen out and shipped out on loan in January. I think it was more to do with a conflict with the technical director rather than attitude on why he wasn't kept.

because he wasnt getting a game... you need to give a player the chance to play and show what he can do or they lose interest and look for a move

De Bruyne should have started ahead of Lampard, Hazard and Oscar?

pjohnson wrote: »
    De Bruyne should have started ahead of Lampard, Hazard and Oscar?

Oscar....yes.

Duffer saying tonight that top managers work on attacking drills and included Jose on his list so safe to assume he coaches the attackers at his clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Lukker- wrote: »
    Oscar....yes.

The same Oscar that was prefferred to Mata by Mourinho? People have short memories. Oscar was extremely hard working and pressed from 10 in a way that Mata didn't.....and thats what Jose wanted at the time.

I'm a massive Mata fan and think he should play every game for United.....but he doesn't work as hard off the ball as others which is why both him and De Bruyne were moved on at Chelsea. Mata was the fans favourite player....but he wasn't the managers. Oscar was.

Kirby wrote: »
    The same Oscar that was prefferred to Mata by Mourinho? People have short memories. Oscar was extremely hard working and pressed from 10 in a way that Mata didn't.....and thats what Jose wanted at the time.

I'm a massive Mata fan and think he should play every game for United.....but he doesn't work as hard off the ball as others which is why both him and De Bruyne were moved on at Chelsea. Mata was the fans favourite player....but he wasn't the managers. Oscar was.

Oscar was essentially a forward lying defensive midfielder. What technical ability he showed early on was coached out of him. He was good for a certain system but not so to warrant the total exclusion of both Mata and De Bruyne.

People seem to think that De Bruyne doesn’t work off the ball? He works his socks off to win it back. He’s covered the most ground in the UCL this year and is typically one of City’s players who clocks the most miles in games

Maybe not a popular opinion in here but was chatting to a few people tonight and we nearly all agreed it wouldnt be the worst thing if mourinho did go to psg and we got pochetino. Mourinho has a lot of clubs behind him already and is at utd less than 2 seasons and already there is a few whispers that he is not happy. Hanging some players out to dry, getting digs in at the fans, still hasnt moved to manchester..family remain in london etc etc. Football in the big games so far has been poor and going on history doesnt really look like it will improve while pochetino is a breath of fresh air in the league. Young, hungry for success and has put it up to the best team in europe this season and has his team playing great football with a limited transfer budget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I suppose its unthinkable to some that KDB put his head down and worked his socks off in his time in Germany and improved himself as a player through improved attitude and application?

He was alright at Bremen and he developed into a very good player at Wolfsburg. He has continued that progression as he is reaching his peak, as you would expect. He has turned his career around, and he deserves credit for that, the revisionism that he was this player while at Chelsea is utter rubbish though.

Did he think he made it when he left Genk for Chelsea? Apparently, unwilling to compete and fight for a position wasn't it? Fragile mentality?

Maybe the kick in the ass he got actually helped his career?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

I suppose its unthinkable to some that KDB put his head down and worked his socks off in his time in Germany and improved himself as a player through improved attitude and application?

He was alright at Bremen and he developed into a very good player at Wolfsburg. He has continued that progression as he is reaching his peak, as you would expect. He has turned his career around, and he deserves credit for that, the revisionism that he was this player while at Chelsea is utter rubbish though.

Did he think he made it when he left Genk for Chelsea? Apparently, unwilling to compete and fight for a position wasn't it? Fragile mentality?

Maybe the kick in the ass he got actually helped his career?

Well, he only got 1 opportunity to prove himself in the league in half the season. (assisting and putting in a good performance)

He was assured of his role in pre-season and left in January because of getting nearly no game time.

He most likely left out of ambition to play, the fragile thing could be seen as to stay and take the easy money and sit on the bench, so I don't see how you can be critical of him wanting to leave where he felt their would be opportunity.

Maybe he was sh*te in training but I don't think he felt that Mourinho would help him develop if he had stayed. I think it's fair to say he has this in Pep, he's improved immensely from his Wolfsburg days even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The KDB talk is tiring, he was sold and took a good few years to reach the level he is at now and Jose won a double the season after he left. I doubt either look back on it as a mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

This is the first international break I've enjoyed for a long time.

Newcastle
    Brighton
    Watford and a CL game we can rest players in

Nice run before Arsenal

Is pogba due back for that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

limnam wrote: »
    This is the first international break I've enjoyed for a long time.

Newcastle
    Brighton
    Watford and a CL game we can rest players in

Nice run before Arsenal

Is pogba due back for that?

Was the word not he's back for the Newcastle game? He's done up his hair acyually :P

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbWaZjGAv-h/

Agent P in action.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbW0UmXDaX7/

Another video of Pogba with other French players. The way they look at him, the way he has a different handshake for so many....he's got the personality of a leader.

Really hope he gets a good long run now.

Meanwhile, speaking of good runs, Bale had apparently been put up for sale, with a price of €85m. Coincidentally, this comes a few days after he announced he's out for another month injured. No one will,pay that starting price for him, especially on his wages....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Lukaku 1st. Now this. Customer life time referral at its best i

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Poor Jesse will be crying into his cornflakes watching that

Imagine the Q in the church going up to shake pogbas hand after a family bereavement they be bloody there all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

astradave wrote: »
    Poor Jesse will be crying into his cornflakes watching that

Way too many handshakes for Jesse to remember :D:D

Mirror reporting fellaini to besiktas in January for 8million. That would be INSANE and I'm just gonna assume it's utter rubbish.

Mirror reporting fellaini to besiktas in January for 8million. That would be INSANE and I'm just gonna assume it's utter rubbish.

I read that Jose and United have offered him a new contract and don't want him to go, but Fellaini has turned it down and his camp is stalling :(

If it is to Besiktas, it will be for a lower fee cause his contract is nearly up, isn't it? Maybe he feels its his last chance to be the "star" of a team, get regular first team football, etc.

• Advertisement

Is it me or is players running down their contracts becoming a regular thing, you would have to think given the current fees going for players between clubs, free players get absolute massive sign on bonuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Maybe not a popular opinion in here but was chatting to a few people tonight and we nearly all agreed it wouldnt be the worst thing if mourinho did go to psg and we got pochetino. Mourinho has a lot of clubs behind him already and is at utd less than 2 seasons and already there is a few whispers that he is not happy. Hanging some players out to dry, getting digs in at the fans, still hasnt moved to manchester..family remain in london etc etc. Football in the big games so far has been poor and going on history doesnt really look like it will improve while pochetino is a breath of fresh air in the league. Young, hungry for success and has put it up to the best team in europe this season and has his team playing great football with a limited transfer budget
    Can see Pochettino waiting it out and seeing how long Zidane has at Madrid rather than jumping ship and coming to United.

Maybe not a popular opinion in here but was chatting to a few people tonight and we nearly all agreed it wouldnt be the worst thing if mourinho did go to psg and we got pochetino. budget

He is only there less than 18 months, has already stabilised the club after some horrendous seasons and the signs are all there for further progress to be made, but already you would rather throw that 18 months out the window and get in the shiny new thing just because.

You continually reinforce my opinion of your posting.

Heres a newflash for you. The top leagues are choc full of managers who look good and are the next big thing. The only thing more common is those top top managers going to new clubs and falling on their arse. I wouldn't be so keen to keep spinning that managerial roulette wheel if I was you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Is it me or is players running down their contracts becoming a regular thing, you would have to think given the current fees going for players between clubs, free players get absolute massive sign on bonuses.

Yeah... its becoming more and more difficult to get a move if you're a good player while you're under contract... with the current TV money, clubs simply don't need to sell.

For the top half of the biggest leagues, I think it'll become more of a norm that you fulfill your contract and move on afterwards, like in the NFL or NBA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Definitely becoming a more regular occurrence. Clubs will probably sign fellas on 4-year contracts with an option of another year more in the future.

Heres a newflash for you. The top leagues are choc full of managers who look good and are the next big thing. The only thing more common is those top top managers going to new clubs and falling on their arse. I wouldn't be so keen to keep spinning that managerial roulette wheel if I was you.
    Out of curiosity, who are all these top new managers going to new clubs and falling on their arse? Regardless of whether it's a sensible approach or not I wouldn't have thought that it's common at all.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, who are all these top new managers going to new clubs and falling on their arse? Regardless of whether it's a sensible approach or not I wouldn't have thought that it's common at all.

All you have to do is look at the amount of sackings in football I don't think bucky ment managers by name he was moreso pointing out the amount of managers that fail or dont last long.

I think the mourinho news is to actually put pressure on the club to give him a new deal more then it is to get away from the club.

Yeah, fair enough. Can't deny there is a high turnover when it comes to managers in the modern game.

I guess I somewhat interpreted the post as more along the lines of "if there's one thing more common than a new manager becoming flavour of the month, it's top managers failing spectacularly after moving on to new clubs" which seems a tad harsh imo.

He is only there less than 18 months, has already stabilised the club after some horrendous seasons and the signs are all there for further progress to be made, but already you would rather throw that 18 months out the window and get in the shiny new thing just because.

You continually reinforce my opinion of your posting.

Where exactly did i say i would rather that?? Its mourinho himself that has been flirting with psg. Im just saying IF he did go and we got pochitino it may not be the worst thing.... also just think back to when poch met with fergie just before he signed a new contract with spurs. A pre agreement may already be in place

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Where exactly did i say i would rather that?? Its mourinho himself that has been flirting with psg. Im just saying IF he did go and we got pochitino it may not be the worst thing.... also just think back to when poch met with fergie just before he signed a new contract with spurs. A pre agreement may already be in place

You must be smoking some seriously strong **** if you honestly believe that.

• Advertisement

Failing spectacularly or falling on his arse isn't really the most important part of my post, its the simple fact that there are are dozens of examples of hot managers going to a new club and doing very little.

Just look at Klopp for example, one of the biggest reputations in world football but doing no better than Brendan Rogers did. Andre Villas Boas was the poster boy for hot young manager failing to replicate that success elsewhere. Koeman at Everton? People slated Allerdyce because they claimed Bilic was doing a far better job at West Ham than Big Sam ever did, where is Bilic now? Pellegrini had a fantastic repuation on arrival at City but never met their expectations, and if I go back a bit McClaren had a top notch reputation that never translated to much managerial success.

There are no guarantees with Pochettino, or Simone, or whoever else will be the golden boy next year, so I just suggested we would be better served for now sticking with a manager that has improved us instead of jumping ship to somebody else who might.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    You must be smoking some seriously strong **** if you honestly believe that.

I dont believe it, but i said it MAY be in place.

I dont believe it, but i said it MAY be in place.

I actually don't think you believe most of what you write to be honest..

I actually don't think you believe most of what you write to be honest..

At the time of writing i believe everything i write.

Also did you ever think why pochettino would meet fergie just before he signs a long term contract with spurs?? They were hardly talking about their summer holidays in fairness

You just said you didn't believe what you wrote earlier....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Also did you ever think why pochettino would meet fergie just before he signs a long term contract with spurs?? They were hardly talking about their summer holidays in fairness

For all we know, that's what they could've been talking about.

He posted it at 17:20, then said he didn't believe it at 17:30 so there a 10 minute window he believed it.

Go back and read it again.... i said may be in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I’d say there’s close to zero chance of us getting Pochettino in the next 3 years at least, we are a turbulent club and it would be very silly to leave the consistency at spurs for us.

If he leaves it’ll be for PSG Madrid or Barca, bigger fish.

Anyway the talk of other managers is pointless, any manager is still going to have to deal with the players we have, and the lack of quality in attack. We could change manager 10 more times and they won’t get more goals out of Mikki, Martial, Rasford, Mata and Lukaku. Mourinho needs to be fully backed until the day it becomes impossible to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

People really act like children in here sometimes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement