Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Headshot wrote: »
    So if the transfer window ends with utd having no more signings, would we classify the transfer window as successful?

I wouldnt be sure of it myself tbh, we have a really good team but still missing players tbh

Signing the one position that I believed would make is a better team, a DM, makes it a success for me anyways.

bangkok wrote: »
    No im using Paul Marnier ex footballer, works for espn and has a friend working in the everton board room

That's the second time you got his name wrong, do you even know who he is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

astradave wrote: »
    That's the second time you got his name wrong, do you even know who he is?

Spelt his name wrong big deal. Doesnt take away from the fact he said we had bid on lukaku as he had inside info

I've just been on the phone to Ed, he's a mate of mine, he said we have put in a bid for Bale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Spelt his name wrong big deal. Doesnt take away from the fact he said we had bid on lukaku as he had inside info

We had a bid in... so what

We could have bids in for Lemar, Mbappe, Sanchez, Johnny flippin Evans and Renato Sanches right now...

We're not favorites to sign any of them right now in the same ways as everyone had Chelsea as favorites to sign Lukaku up to a day before we signed him...

Christ on the morning the deal was done a lad at work says Lukaku deal is done and i did a double take when i saw it was United he'd signed for... i believe that was the reaction of 95% of all football supporters..

brinty wrote: »
    We had a bid in... so what

We could have bids in for Lemar, Mbappe, Sanchez, Johnny flippin Evans and Renato Sanches right now...

We're not favorites to sign any of them right now in the same ways as everyone had Chelsea as favorites to sign Lukaku up to a day before we signed him...

Christ on the morning the deal was done a lad at work says Lukaku deal is done and i did a double take when i saw it was United he'd signed for... i believe that was the reaction of 95% of all football supporters..

Exactly...95%. I was in the other 5%

I've just been on the phone to Ed, he's a mate of mine, he said we have put in a bid for Bale.

feck off you... he's my mate's husband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Why in the hot fcuk are we debating whether or not we wanted Lukaku. Surely people have realised hes a United player now? I mean he has 4 goals in 4 games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I still think we have done very well this summer and don't see how it as not a success. Our two most important signings were to replace Carrick and zlatan as first team starters we have done that.

We need goals from wide players yes but we can only judge 3 games and it looks like Martial and rashford have up it a small level if that continues we should be ok.

Mkhitaryan seems to be out of the blocks early he has 5 assists in 3 games and pogba is playing better.

Even if city sign Sanchez he won't steady the defence they are already favourites in my eyes he won't dramatically improve them as I don't see them playing him and aguero in same team.

Even if pool get lemar and vvd they still have a small squad that's gonna be stretched after Christmas and vvd wont stop them from been poor defensivelyon his own.

Season has started well all we can do is keep going and one month at a time.

You must've made some money of the bets you'd laid on it happening so....

• Advertisement

So with that you are agreeing that from the outside looking in, it looked as if Lukaku was going to Chelsea not united..

And you have already been shown up that you have stated on at least 2 occasions that you believed he was off to Chelsea.

You're bull****tin

pjohnson wrote: »
    Why in the hot fcuk are we debating whether or not we wanted Lukaku. Surely people have realised hes a United player now? I mean he has 4 goals in 4 games?

International break :D

So with that you are agreeing that from the outside looking in, it looked as if Lukaku was going to Chelsea not united..

And you have already been shown up that you have stated on at least 2 occasions that you believed he was off to Chelsea.

You're bull****tin

Yea but was i shocked he went to united? No. Its been on the cards for over a year. He was even on holidays for most of the summer with pogba talking in his ear.

Yea but was i shocked he went to united? No. Its been on the cards for over a year. He was even on holidays for most of the summer with pogba talking in his ear.

Jesus Christ the whole point of the matter wasn't about ****in you! Or whether you were shocked. You could have saved pages of debate by just agreeing with the truth instead of dragging it out.

It's one of the reasons very few people take your posts seriously!

**** this I'm off for dinner, g'luck

Jesus Christ the whole point of the matter wasn't about ****in you! Or whether you were shocked. You could have saved pages of debate by just agreeing with the truth instead of dragging it out.

It's one of the reasons very few people take your posts seriously!

**** this I'm off for dinner, g'luck

No there was people saying there was no links before we signed him when there was...

Enjoy the dinner

This has to be one of the most ridiculous arguments on the site ever. Even AH is saner.

Here Lads I dont believe the rumours. Theres no way we want that David De Gea chap. Nonsense stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,342 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No there was people saying there was no links before we signed him when there was...

Enjoy the dinner

No - the point was from the outside looking in Lukaku was going to Chelsea. That's it. That's what you have been arguing against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

That's what you have been arguing against.

I will never understand why people argue with Bangkok, Mr non-sequitur himself. It always seems such a pointless endeavor.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote:
    Here Lads I dont believe the rumours. Theres no way we want that David De Gea chap. Nonsense stories.

Howya zerks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Fingers crossed but just can't see it happening

So I guess he's not nailed on for city now and would be entirely unsurprising if we signed him. #lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Fergie wanted Sanchez before he left Udinese. That and him being proven premier league quality makes me surprised the club aren't back in for him.

I don't think we are. I think Jose would have hinted at it before now. I think he'll go to City for a high fee.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think he wants that Pep reunion and just can't see us being able to dissuade him from that :/

• Advertisement

Fergie wanted Sanchez before he left Udinese. That and him being proven premier league quality makes me surprised the club aren't back in for him.

I don't think we are. I think Jose would have hinted at it before now. I think he'll go to City for a high fee.
    I'd say it's similar to what was reported on Lukaku - we are interested and would move if there is a legit chance of getting him. Reported we only made an actual move for Lukaku the night before the bid was announced after riola told united the Chelsea deal wasn't going anywhere.

Lads.. it's the metro...

Lads.. it's the metro...

It's the independent with the story, bangkok just chose to use metro.

It's the independent with the story, bangkok just chose to use metro.

The Metro jumped on one paragraph in Delaney's story to create a headline that's all about the clicks really.

This is the paragraph from the Independent story
    That urge to leave saw intermediaries get in contact with Manchester United to see if they were interested, and while Jose Mourinho would want the player, the 28-year-old’s first choice remains City due to his previous working relationship with Pep Guardiola at Barcelona.

Sky are saying sanchez will go to city, sterling will go to arsenal and Arsenal will give money to city as well!!!!!!! Cant see that happening, if it does the arsenal board need their heads checked. Then again they did bid 40m and 1 pound for suarez

• Advertisement

Bouhfasi saying we have some interest in Mahrez, but the player isn't going to push for a move.

Seems we are getting linked to a few right wing minded players tonight....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I'd say it's similar to what was reported on Lukaku - we are interested and would move if there is a legit chance of getting him. Reported we only made an actual move for Lukaku the night before the bid was announced after riola told united the Chelsea deal wasn't going anywhere.

What was the rumour the Lukaku-Chelsea deal stalled?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Bouhfasi saying we have some interest in Mahrez, but the player isn't going to push for a move.

Whos he. That Pilib De Brun lad said nothing about any incoming.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Whos he. That Pilib De Brun lad said nothing about any incoming.

Bouhfasi? He's one of the top journalists in France for players with French connections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Lord TSC wrote:

Whatever it takes to make United great again :pac:

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Bouhfasi? He's one of the top journalists in France for players with French connections.

Ah right. I'm gradually learning these twitter lads and whos reliable. I'll try and retain that name :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Lads..the source on that is Miguel Delaney...

Still waiting for us to sign James, Perisic, or for Mbappe to go to Real Madrid, or for Eriksen to go to Spurs or how about Lukaku to Chelsea

And that's just in a 30 seconds google of things of he has not called correctly in the last few weeks. But hey, fling enough muck and all that, maybe Sanchez will go to City.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Lads..the source on that is Miguel Delaney...

Still waiting for us to sign James, Perisic, or for Mbappe to go to Real Madrid, or for Eriksen to go to Spurs or how about Lukaku to Chelsea

And that's just in a 30 seconds google of things of he has not called correctly in the last few weeks. But hey, fling enough muck and all that, maybe Sanchez will go to City.

Eriksen went to Spurs ages ago :p

What was the rumour the Lukaku-Chelsea deal stalled?

The story I read was that riola told United on the Tuesday (iirc) that Chelsea were dragging their feet and that Lukaku would sign for United if a deal could be struck - united bid and agreed the deal within about 24 hours of that.

That was one story.

Another is that Lukaku was basically agreed way before then - but you'd have to wonder what was going on with morata if that was the case. Why piss around with Madrid for a month if we already had Lukaku basically done?

I believe Lukaku was a higher priority target, with some work done, but no major move until everything kicked into gear on the back of riola telling united the deal was there to be done, at which point we switched from morata to the player we wanted more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I’d be well happy with Mahrez as a realistic option. Juan Mata on the right wing (which he never actually plays on) is driving me insane. Let Mata and Mkhitaryan fight it out for number 10 duty. Lots of games for both of them there. I couldn’t think of a more perfect player for a Jose Mourinho right wing player who is available.

If someone (Arsenal) buys Mahrez and he turns out to be amazing this season I’d be bulling. I think his delivery from crosses, set pieces, and corners alone is worth £40 million to us.

There’s no chance of Sanchez or Bale being sold to us now. Mahrez and the likes of Lemar are the only realistic types of players.

• Advertisement

Mahrez is left footed like Mata and he does dribble inside quite a lot aswell. 23 goals in two years didn't come from staying glued to the wing which is apparently what we need.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Would be delighted with Mahrez. Amazed nobody bought him yet.

Ain't going to be any more signings but Mahrez would certainly be a good one imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Id take Marhez in a heartbeat I know Juan is a forum favorite but do think he would be an upgrade and he'd really fill out the squad well>

Not sure where everyone will play when Greizman signs next year.

Shadowcomplex formation anyone?

Id take Marhez in a heartbeat I know Juan is a forum favorite but do think he would be an upgrade and he'd really fill out the squad well>

Not sure where everyone will play when Greizman signs next year.

Shadowcomplex formation anyone?
    I think mahrez would, if he performed, possibly block a Griezmann move. Unless mata was then sold and mahrez benched for Griezmann. Coukd see mata sold, but not the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Haha manchester evening news now saying we have been offered Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

City bid £50m for Sanchez and Arsenal rejected it.

Sourse : SSN

Go on Edd, bid £70m

jayo26 wrote: »

City just had 50m bid rejected

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »

I'd say that's off the Miguel story, MEN is rubbish, imo. I would be surprised if agents hadn't reached out to United but I'd only perk up if it was arsenal offering him to us as I reckon they'd far more easily accept a bid from city over us, they see us as a bigger perceptual problem to sell to, imo.

I'd love to see us move for Sanchez, but would be shocked to see us pull it off. Also the fear he would take the place on the left, rather than if mata on the right. I would not want to sacrifice rashford or martial for him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement