Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Even signing Bale you’d need a Griezmann too because odds are Bale won’t play much more than 20 games.

Agreed, but imagine when everyone was fit.
    Lukaku
    Martial - Griezmann - Bale
    Pogba - Matic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Agreed, but imagine when everyone was fit.
    Lukaku
    Martial - Griezmann - Bale
    Pogba - Matic

You seem to have included Martial for some reason. The phones auto-correct I assume?

You seem to have included Martial for some reason. The phones auto-correct I assume?

Toss up between him and Rashford, and I'd personally believe Martial has more potential than Rashford. Or at least, I prefer him over Rashford on the LW role long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm in total agreement. Shaw is a player that if he is gone tomorrow I'll shrug my shoulders. Yeah what might of been, but cut your losses. Jones would be someone there as well for me. You need reliable players.

I'm maybe just saying, there might be a different reaction if it was a more important player, or a Martial and Rashford, and I think Shaw gets a raw deal about this "attitude" stuff, where as maybe someone who struggled with weight as a teen and was the constant reason I used to get for failed trials and stuff, that I appreciate the mental issues that brings when you need to work harder then everyone else, nevermind in an elite sporting environment.

It's the Memphis situation again. No one really cares when its a player not playing, or living up to expectations and it's cool to just rail in on the attitude issues. And it's just a blissfully convenient excuse for a manager not able to maximise talent. And that's fine, it doesn't always work out.

Surely if there was real attitude problems or issues, Shaw would get relegated to the under 21's, so it's made really obvious to everyone the player is the problem?

This is just boring int break stuff btw, I just like to look into the prospect that there isn't an attitude issue with Shaw? Considering there is no indication of it, bar the manager, who you can barely believe a word out of his mouth. Just think Jose is unbearable and to be honest pretty pathetic with the way he handles things and I hate how it's a lot of times never questioned or this nonsense about it being "genius" man management, just like his joke of a "jose masterclass" ****e that gets attached when he knicks a 1-0 away from home, albeit he hasn't done that in donkeys.

Yeah, there comes a time with players when you just have to accept it's not working out and it's time to replace them. There are too many in that boat now at United, Shaw, Smalling, Jones, and now it looks like Herrera is falling into that position. They've had several years to nail down a place, the changing of managers hadn't helped, neither did the injury for Shaw, but there comes a time when you have to cut your losses with them and move on. They may well end up having a great career at a new club, change of scenery and a kick up the backside but being dumped out of United, but history has shown very few who leave United go on to great things.
    United need better than what is at the club now,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Lindelof been good tonight to be fair to him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Iceman!!!

Pereira won't be coming back from loan in January if it's left up to him...
    In my head I want to be here, help Valencia until June. It is the thought with which I came.

I know that I have this clause in the assignment contract and now I have to wait to see. But my mind is focused on Valencia and I want to stay here.

It is important that I am playing to grow, be better and help Valencia. It would be very difficult to return to United mid-year and continue with the same evolution that I'm having now.

When asked about staying at Valencia beyond this season, he said: "Sure, it's a very good option for me, it would be positive. I'm happy in Valencia CF."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11124936/manchester-uniteds-andreas-pereira-wants-to-see-out-valencia-loan

Sounds like a fella picturing his future away from Old Trafford.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Not the way buffon wanted to bow out on his international career,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

Sounds like a fella picturing his future away from Old Trafford.

Quite possibly right, but if it's a club reporter interviewing him he's hardly going to say he sees no future at the club.. On the other hand, perhaps he is a realist and realises very few players coming through at a top club make it at that club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lindelof excellent over the 2 legs.

• Advertisement

VW 1 wrote: »
    Quite possibly right, but if it's a club reporter interviewing him he's hardly going to say he sees no future at the club.. On the other hand, perhaps he is a realist and realises very few players coming through at a top club make it at that club.

I would say that is the case. He is looking out for himself and his own career, I can't blame him.

He did well at Granada last year, I watched a fair few of their games. I've seen less of him at Valencia, but reports are that he is continuing to show promise there. Maybe he is destined for La Liga.

I like him, but if his future lies away from Old Trafford, it will be hard to miss something which wasn't really there in the first place.

bangkok wrote: »
    Lindelof excellent over the 2 legs.

Just goes to show how he can perform with proper coaching.
    I'd say he would be class at city :p

Evra doesnt seem to upset by his ban judging by his latest instagram post!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Me right now

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Is this bangkok having a conversation with himself?

He was asked if he'd like to play with Mbappe some day, when Mbappe was sitting beside him. Hardly going to tell him no.

He also was asked if he moved to France, would he go to O'M to which he also said yes.

Reads like someone giving an interview where he just keeps saying yes to all the questions...

Griezmann must be the neymar replacement..

Seen somewhere that psg have paid cavani more money so he will let neymar take the free kicks. Some babies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

So the papers are 100% right in that instance, tough to keep up.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Newcastle home this weekend, hopefully we see both rashford and martial start the game together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

bangkok wrote: »
    Newcastle home this weekend, hopefully we see both rashford and martial start the game together

and miki might remember he has to play football for a living

Lindelof and Darmian last night :(

i985uxmigwxz.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lindelof and Darmian last night :(

i985uxmigwxz.jpg

No Italy or Holland at the World Cup is mental

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

How did Lindelof play last night?

Excellent. Looked a different player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

Looked very good in both matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/eaamalyon/status/930425259374899200

"Spotted by Neville, promoted by Ayestarán, given debut by Prandelli, thriving under Marcelino. Mourinho has eyes for Valencia midfielder Soler".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Glad to hear he played well to be honest. Coming towards the point where maybe we have expected him (based on all the talk when he was signed) to start making more appearances and integrate more into the side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

https://twitter.com/eaamalyon/status/930425259374899200

"Spotted by Neville, promoted by Ayestarán, given debut by Prandelli, thriving under Marcelino. Mourinho has eyes for Valencia midfielder Soler".
    Was talk a month back that we have a deal done for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Barcelona 'agree deal in principle' to sign Atletico Madrid star Antoine Griezmann as Catalan side steal a march on Manchester United target

https://le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-barcelone-griezmann-barca-accord-en-vue-342627

• Advertisement

I don't think griezmamn is the type of player we need to be honest

giphy_1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Poor mans James Mclean is Anton,

Always wanted Bale more than him anyway. :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Gamb!t wrote: »
    I thought PSG would have tried to get him.

They might still do. I wouldn't consider this case closed to Barcelona. There will be more speculation to come.

I could see PSG looking to sell Cavani in the summer and bring Greizmann in.

And I still think United will be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Griezmann joins a pantheon of greats
    Nadal, Ronaldinho, Gazza, Shearer, Kroos, Robben, Benzema, Hazard, Sneijder, Bale.

Welcome to the club my friend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Nadal, Ronaldinho, Gazza, Shearer, Kroos, Robben, Benzema, Hazard, Sneijder, Bale.

There's something very rotten at the core of our club regarding transfers . The fact city can more or less get who they want means we can't use the they don't want to live in rainy Manchester excuse anymore . I think Jose has discovered that all the money men care about is the metric of getting into the top 4. Playing champions league football is where 80% of the money is . Spending any more cash at a chance of winning trophies and perhaps getting little extra cash isn't worth the risk

• Advertisement

PSG are having ffp problems (shockingly). They apparently need to make €80m in sales before they can do much else.

Would Griezmann, who stayed in the summer out of loyalty to the club, jump to Barca, a direct rival to the title?

PSG are having ffp problems (shockingly). They apparently need to make €80m in sales before they can do much else.

Would Griezmann, who stayed in the summer out of loyalty to the club, jump to Barca, a direct rival to the title?

PSG do what they like . The game is rife with corruption. Themselves The Arabs and UEFA are all in bed together

Really don't think they are even close to challenging for title lately and won't be for a while yet. I know a year or so ago he said he would never join real but I don't think Barcelona were mentioned.

Lads, we might not get Griezmann in the end, but it won't be an article from LeSport10 of a Tuesday during a November international break which confirms it either way

The list is longer than that

Batistuta
    Nedved
    Zidane
    Rivaldo
    Salas
    Thurman
    Desailly
    David's
    Del Piero
    Bieroff
    Vieri
    Lucas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    There's something very rotten at the core of our club regarding transfers . The fact city can more or less get who they want means we can't use the they don't want to live in rainy Manchester excuse anymore . I think Jose has discovered that all the money men care about is the metric of getting into the top 4. Playing champions league football is where 80% of the money is . Spending any more cash at a chance of winning trophies and perhaps getting little extra cash isn't worth the risk
    Can city more or less get who they want? Have either Manchester clubs (or any club in England) ever really managed to persuade a foreign world class player to join them when competing with a concrete offer Barca or Madrid?

Pogba might actually be the best example I can think of and this may be because of a) nobody was willing to match our offer or b) his existing relationship with the club.

Are there some glaring ones that I'm missing? Either at United or at City?

Maybe AG isn't in that category though but he's certainly not that far off it.

Coybig

#bandwagining

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

jayo26 wrote: »
    Coybig

#bandwagining

Didn't want to go to Russia anyway, very dangerous there

paulbok wrote: »
    Didn't want to go to Russia anyway, very dangerous there

World cup is over rated I prefer friendlies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Even a blind Stevie Wonder could see this **** show coming.

Glad I gave up on the Irish national team when I did.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement