Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

jayo26 wrote: »
    World cup is over rated I prefer friendlies.

Can get Italy and Holland over for a mini tournament:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Even a blind Stevie Wonder could see this **** show coming.

Glad I gave up on the Irish national team when I did.

It's the hope inevitably that kills you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Glad I gave up on the Irish national team when I did.

So if your team loses or plays bad you give up on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Nalz wrote: »
    So if your team loses or plays bad you give up on them?

Well when it comes to the Irish national team, yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Actually you don't have to answer that. It's not the thread for it and people have different views, regardless what they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Cant wait for our next match now. Need a solid win to cheer things up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

https://www.clippituser.tv/c/gldbrv

Martial assist for France tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Now that we look on the way out any chance mcclean could bust up Eriksen a bit, nothing too vicious just a bad black eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hococop wrote: »
    Now that we look on the way out any chance mcclean could bust up Eriksen a bit, nothing too vicious just a bad black eye

Any chance we could sign eriksen he fantastic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Would anyone here be interested in Rakatic if he was to leave Barca

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Would anyone here be interested in Rakatic if he was to leave Barca

Defo. Quality player

Annnnnnnnd were back

23659395_1768081389899540_1714348175391907016_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=432515b89f31dda751d0c4b72cfbb01b&oe=5A936047

Already at 24 years of age. Hes gunna set some record for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Lukaku becoming Belgium's all-time top goalscorer brings to nine the number of current or former United players to be the record goalscorers for their nation:

Rooney
    Law
    Van Persie
    Ibrahimovic
    Berbatov
    Hernandez
    Lukaku
    Ronaldo
    Falcao

Add to the fact that Charlton had the England record until recently, and it's surely a feat unmatched by any other club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

pjohnson wrote: »
    Its somehow gunna be Joses fault isn't it.

You'd think with all the bus driving Jose does he would have the players well versed in reversing bloody cars.

:mad:

Looking more and more likely fellaini will be leaving the club end of season

bangkok wrote: »

Now Now bangkok, don't be getting giddy :pac:

Be a dick move if Fellaini goes for nothing.

• Advertisement

Why do you believe he's going for nothing? Unless his contract is up, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Yeah contract is up in June.

Some papers saying he's turned down an extension, will look to sort a pre-contract agreement during January most likely if that's the case. Again not gospel but just what's being reported.

I personally wouldn't hold it against him.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

It is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I bet Bangkok is as happy as stans dad at this Fellaini news

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Can you elaborate on this ?

beno619 wrote: »
    Can you elaborate on this ?

I just dont like him choosing to leave for nothing. I'd much prefer if he did like say Greizmann and signed even just an 18 month deal with a guarantee we will let him leave in the summer if we got a modest say €8m? I dont like first team players running down their deal and moving for zilch.

Its not like say Sanchez where Fellaini has been searching for a move/making his intentions well known.

Where you see that? Any source worth talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I just dont like him choosing to leave for nothing. I'd much prefer if he did like say Greizmann and signed even just an 18 month deal with a guarantee we will let him leave in the summer if we got a modest say €8m? I dont like first team players running down their deal and moving for zilch.

Its not like say Sanchez where Fellaini has been searching for a move/making his intentions well known.

we don't know what has been said behind the scenes. Fellaini has been linked with moves every window.

United could have offered him a new deal last year (maybe they did) instead of just optioning the extension. If he rejected a deal last year, that would probably be an indication that he was looking to move on.

I would be surprised if he wanted to leave - but maybe being an important squad player is not what he wants to be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

A dick move is causing trouble to get a transfer.

Leaving at the end of a contract looks fair to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭secman

British Broadcasting Company..:)

secman wrote: »

Better then 90 minutes

Plenty of places reporting it. Jose himself even said he was worried about it a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,347 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

DM_7 wrote: »

I get irrationally annoyed by players who sign new contract then whine when they don't get a move 6/12 months later.

Don't want to stay long term? Don't sign a new contract. Play to the contract you signed and leave at the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It's a job though, he doesn't need to owe any loyalty to United, and he'd probably losing out on money if he did that. Being a free agent means he can go to whoever he wants, and negotiate a larger signing on fee as there's no club fee.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its literally the definition of "fair". He agreed to do his job for a pre-defined amount of time, and has fulfilled that obligation with a great deal of professionalism.

• Advertisement

After the treatment fellaini got at times from United fans I don't think anyone can begrudge him for doing what he wants to do and looking after himself.

What I don't understand is how he ain't able to agree terms with us unless it's down to his role in the team. I can't see many clubs been able to make him there highest paid player and any that could probably don't need him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I can understand why it may come across as unfair, especially in this day and age of ~£200 million transfers but a professional footballer realistically is under no obligation to ensure that they provide any sort of resale revenue to a club.

In fact, given the valuations that clubs currently give to elite players it's completely understandable that the player themselves would want to pocket some of that cash.

It was only mentioned the other day that its likely that this scenario will become the norm.

I'd imagine it will put a lot of pressure on clubs who bank on resell value to balance the books.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

The reports are that United are unwilling to listen to offers in January and still think that they will have a breakthrough in negotiations and that’s why they are willing to allow his contract to get into the last 6 months..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

After the treatment fellaini got at times from United fans I don't think anyone can begrudge him for doing what he wants to do and looking after himself.

This was my first thought as well. A dick move from the guy who was once booed by his own fans? Nah, not having that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

FIFA doesn't recognise Romelu Lukaku all-time goals record for Belgium. Lukaku is officially only on 28 goals after FIFA nullified an international friendly between Belgium and Luxembourg in which he netted a hat trick.

:(

• Advertisement

Meh maybe I picked the wrong word saying dick. Just a bugbear I dont like much I guess.

If he goes he goes. Pogba and matic first choice midfield anyway. Herrera carrick and soler if he comes in as backup

secman wrote: »

They should really shorten that name to something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

He's also recently gone 29 (so 30 next season) meaning this could be the last big payday of his career, particularly since once his athleticism goes he'll probably turn very useless very quickly.

Billy86 wrote: »
    He's also recently gone 29 (so 30 next season) meaning this could be the last big payday of his career, particularly since once his athleticism goes he'll probably turn very useless very quickly.

I've seen this said a few times in here as a potential reason for Fellaini leaving and just want to comment...

I would think that a new improved contract at Manchester United would be as big as any 'last payday' that he could get.

I like Fellaini and hope that he stays, so I'm not slagging him here, but it's not as if any of Europe's elite clubs will be coming in with an offer of €250k per week to him. The clubs we've heard linked, the likes of Besiktas, Galatasaray and Fenerbahce, will hardly be able/willing to pay Fellaini more than a new contract at United would.

It's reported that he is already on about £120k per week (about €130k) at United. He was reportedly offered a new contract in September but turned that down. You'd have to imagine that given his improved form and importance to the team, any new contract offer from United would be an improvement on that £120k per week.

Numbers I just can't see a team like Besiktas or Galatasaray competing with. I think if Fellaini leaves, it's to try to cement a full regular place in a team and money will be second to that. I don't want him to leave, but if he does I wish him all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Is the payday not usually the multi-million pound signing on fee a free transfer often demands?

Is the payday not usually the multi-million pound signing on fee a free transfer often demands?

I'm honestly not sure, could be. I hadn't thought of that, but I still feel the same way. If he's moving from United to a Turkish League team, I don't think money will be his primary motivator.

I could be totally wrong though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It's could be a bit of everything to be honest.

He's not a guaranteed first teamer now and will become less likely to start as time goes by, he could increase earnings by getting a sizeable signing on fee or having that money rolled into his weekly wage and he could become a star player at a smaller club instead of getting heckled by a subset of fans at United.

Or he's delighted to be at United and he's just trying to leverage the best new contract possible. If Jose can do it by spreading news about his interest in PSG then why can't Fellaini.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I see rojo played for the u21 today good to see him back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Lads, we might not get Griezmann in the end, but it won't be an article from LeSport10 of a Tuesday during a November international break which confirms it either way

Nice quip. Two more outlets are reporting today a deal is now very close so it looks like LeSport10 of a Tuesday during a November international break where indeed the first to correctly report on it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement