Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

S.M.B. wrote: »
    If the Barca interest is legitimate, which you'd expect it is as he would be a great addition to their squad, then we are f*cked because there's no way he is picking us over them.

The new line that the papers were running today is that Barca will seek Griezmann if they don't get Coutinho. If that's the case, I for one hope that their quest to land Coutinho is a roaring success.
    Cotts72 wrote: »
    reading there that apparently Benfica are willing to sell Grimaldo to us in January for €35mill...tbh I've no idea what he's like

He was possibly Benfica's most threatening player against us, definitely in the first leg. I'd need to see a bit more of him before knowing how to feel about him joining United.
    I never thought you had a problem with me. The smugness of your post (and ponitless-ness, because reliable news cant be reported on in November during international week right? I guess we can ignore the stories too of Fellaini and Eriksen or anything this month?) in which you dismissed the article deserved addressing I thought. but anyway...........

I said nothing was confirmed from that article, and that's still the truth. What have you to feel so triumphant about? You're calling out my doubt over a rumour by being sure yourself of the rumour? The journos were already easing back on the story today - "Griezmann to Barca...if they don't land Coutinho."

Nor did I tell anyone to ignore the article or any other article. I expressed an opinion on its veracity. So what if I 'dismissed' it, fúcking sure I did. As I said in my last post, no reputable journo was on it at the time, and it was one of a thousand rumours which will get raised in the lead up to the January window.

Unless you work for Le10Sport, I've no idea what your problem is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

All the papers saying Jose will not head to PSG and United are confident he'll stay.
    Sounds like they were briefed as they are all running with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

All the papers saying Jose will not head to PSG and United are confident he'll stay.
    Sounds like they were briefed as they are all running with it.

Said it last week I thought he was using psg same as players use us to get a new or better deal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

jayo26 wrote: »
    Said it last week I thought he was using peg same as players use us to get a new or better deal.

"The Mendes Technique"

Lord TSC wrote: »
    "The Mendes Technique"

Well I'm hoping that's what it is ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

If either thing was actually true, then I would put my boot through his hole so as to help him through the door.

A senior player who can't perform without another specific player in the team, who can't handle getting dropped despite some utter ****e performances, thats the sort of lilly livered crap that has put us where we are today.

If he can't play without Pogba then he isn't worth a ****, get rid.

"If" of course.

Some players are better when they have better players alongside them, not a big deal imo.

/shrug

The term "confidence player" is often bandied about with relation to strikers, again, not a big deal.

/shrug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Serious question but how would Wes Houlahan do as number 10 in our team . I bet hed be better than miki is right now

A player that cant even make the norwich or ireland team?? Id still rather mkhitarayan

bangkok wrote: »
    A player that cant even make the norwich or ireland team?? Id still rather mkhitarayan

That was 20 seconds of your life you will never get back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Serious question but how would Wes Houlahan do as number 10 in our team . I bet hed be better than miki is right now

Hello Eamonn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Some players are better when they have better players alongside them, not a big deal imo.

But thats not what was said.

Being better when playing with great players is one thing, its quite another to be unable to perform at all if those great players aren't there.

And it is a big deal, its a very big deal, because that squad and team have been held back for far too long by weak players who don't perform unless everything is perfectly arranged on a plate for them. "He'll be better when Pogba plays", "It'll be better when Zlatan returns", "Things will improve when we get some fullbacks". There's always an excuse with this lot, just once I'd like to hear, "We are out of form and missing 3/4 players but its ok, Mikhitaryan stepped up and ran the show for us".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Last time Jose went out saying Phil wouldn't be playing because he was nursing a knock I dropped him from my fantasy team and Phil played and we kept a clean sheet. Wasted points on my bench :P

I just don't know whether to trust what Jose says in these interviews anymore. May aswell keep Jones on my team in case.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Last time Jose went out saying Phil wouldn't be playing because he was nursing a knock I dropped him from my fantasy team and Phil played and we kept a clean sheet. Wasted points on my bench :P

I just don't know whether to trust what Jose says in these interviews anymore. May aswell keep Jones on my team in case.

#joseout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Jose could be challenging the board to back him financially too. Few stories going that he'll have to sell before he buys in January so that might not have gone down well.

Pure speculation!

Jose could be challenging the board to back him financially too. Few stories going that he'll have to sell before he buys in January so that might not have gone down well.

Pure speculation!

Back him financially??!

He has spent around 300m already and has been manager for just over a season and a half. I think the board have been excellent to him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I said nothing was confirmed from that article, and that's still the truth. What have you to feel so triumphant about? You're calling out my doubt over a rumour by being sure yourself of the rumour? The journos were already easing back on the story today - "Griezmann to Barca...if they don't land Coutinho."

Nor did I tell anyone to ignore the article or any other article. I expressed an opinion on its veracity. So what if I 'dismissed' it, fúcking sure I did. As I said in my last post, no reputable journo was on it at the time, and it was one of a thousand rumours which will get raised in the lead up to the January window.

Unless you work for Le10Sport, I've no idea what your problem is.

I don't have a problem or feel triumphant about anything, I posted a link, I never said it was fact/rumor or anything else I just posted a link, you dismissed it sarcastically with silly logic, I replied as have you but you seem to becoming heated about it. I don't really know why but whatever, i don't care.

As for the press backing off? It looks closer to being confirmed soon more than anything..
    Griezmann has said yes to Barca for the 2018/2019 season. As of today, negotiations are really advanced.
    https://twitter.com/albertlesan/status/931301360028528641

Ozil being linked with Barca as well now (tentatively). Seems the links are cause of this tweet of Griezmann's.

https://twitter.com/AntoGriezmann/status/930565284926279680

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

It's a bit gas how big a role instagram and twitter are playing in every sport.

Shame Bebo never made this sort of impact. I can see it now...
    "SHOCK!! De Gea to LEAVE Man United?! The Red Devils shot-stopper has shocked the world by dropping Gaffa José Mourinho out of his Top16. More to follow".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

It's a bit gas how big a role instagram and twitter are playing in every sport.

Shame Bebo never made this sort of impact. I can see it now...

He did ok for a homeless guy.

Back him financially??!

He has spent around 300m already and has been manager for just over a season and a half. I think the board have been excellent to him

Never said they haven't. I said there's stories going he has to sell first and maybe he's not impressed when expected to compete with City.

• Advertisement

This forum freezing on fone so apologies if posted already

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/931519609576058882

Super news!

Delighted 3 fresh first team players no excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

wow what a boost :D

I can't wait for the reaction Ibra gets. Presume he won't start but will come on latter in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Dare to Zlatan resumes....

He will get some reaction from the Old Trafford crowd! Would love it to be a scoring return

• Advertisement

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Dare to Zlatan resumes....

He will get some reaction from the Old Trafford crowd! Would love it to be a scoring return

I'd love to see him assisting lukaku that would make me happier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Sure lets have both happen

sky88 wrote: »
    Sure lets have both happen

Ugh ok then sure.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Read that as assaulting...

Was very confused for a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

The thought of having Ibra, Lukaku and even Fellaini in the box will terrify defences. I hope they're practicing their crosses and headers :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

The thought of having Ibra, Lukaku and even Fellaini in the box will terrify defences. I hope they're practicing their crosses and headers :p

Good thing we’ve a player like Valencia to drive it at their shins instead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

He is fit supposedly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Pog back :D:D

Hopefully he will getting a relaxing run out tomorrow when the game is done and dusted after Lukaku goes mad scoring goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Can you see both of them ever starting together. They are very like for like players. I don't think it would work.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Can you see both of them ever starting together. They are very like for like players. I don't think it would work.

Can't see wes and IBRA getting Into the same myself unless one can play lb

Footy headlines, who usually do have the inside scoop on these things, are saying United are planning on a pink kit next year.

r6t0llethjyz.jpg

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Footy headlines, who usually do have the inside scoop on these things, are saying United are planning on a pink kit next year.

r6t0llethjyz.jpg

Wonder if it’s going to be a charity kit

Sorry but no fooking way I'd be disgusted with that.

Follow up the best selling away kit with the worst?

DM_7 wrote: »
    Follow up the best selling away kit with the worst?

It looks to be fake anyway it looks like someone fotoshopped the logos on a hello kitty shirt.

• Advertisement

Jaysus

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/931650760294756352

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/931650783619239937

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/931651307911426049

Simon Stone‏ @sistoney67

Jose unhappy with @England re Phil Jones "In 17 years as manager not 1 player had injections to play a friendly. Never. I'm not an angel. Had players injected for crucial matches but 6 local anaesthetic injections to play friendly? Jones had + after 15 mins he's out." Out tomoz.

Re Jones, FA making no comment. 6 injections = 1 treatment. Was for pain relief. No further injury. FA spoke to club before and after.

Jose on Jones: "I am just telling a fact. He was injected in the afternoon of the match, he didn’t feel good during the warm up. Between the warm up and the start of the match he had five more local injections to play the friendly. I have nothing more to say."

The FA are some fookwits,Jones should have left the squad and went back to United for treatment instead of getting a dose of injections to play in a bloody friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

FA are clowns but I doubt Jones was pinned down and forced to take those injections.

He should've used common sense and said "I'm hurt and it's a friendly. No thanks."

It's on him.

Sorry but no fooking way I'd be disgusted with that.

Bohs and Rovers brought out pink Jesreys a few years ago for the dublin Derbies to raise money and Awareness for Breast cancer.. if it’s for something like that, a once off match, I think the global appeal would be huge.

The bohs jersey was lovely in fairness.. the missus has it

astradave wrote: »
    Bohs and Rovers brought out pink Jesreys a few years ago for the dublin Derbies to raise money and Awareness for Breast cancer.. if it’s for something like that, a once off match, I think the global appeal would be huge.

The bohs jersey was lovely in fairness.. the missus has it

Wexford Youths away kit is pink. Strangely enough it's actually decent. Didn't Juventus have one too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I liked the Juve kit from a couple of season ago.... :o

juventus-2015-2016-adidas-home-away-jersey-21.jpg

J. Marston wrote: »
    FA are clowns but I doubt Jones was pinned down and forced to take those injections.

He should've used common sense and said "I'm hurt and it's a friendly. No thanks."

It's on him.

I had to get one injection for pain before and I was in agony before I got it.How much pain was Jones in that he needed 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Think Madrid had it a few years back aswell

Never said they haven't. I said there's stories going he has to sell first and maybe he's not impressed when expected to compete with City.

At the end of day, no club in the world can compete financially with city and psg. He needs to get on with it, not as if he is managing sunderland!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

At the end of day, no club in the world can compete financially with city and psg. He needs to get on with it, not as if he is managing sunderland!!

We can easily complete with those if we want to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement