Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    We can easily complete with those if we want to.

No we cant. That is a fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

bangkok wrote: »
    No we cant. That is a fact

It's not a fact but I do agree with you nevertheless.

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's not a fact but I do agree with you nevertheless.

Of course its a fact. 100%.

We operate within our means. If PSG wanted they could buy any player they wanted in January. They will pay 180m for mbappe next summer after spending 200m on neymar this summer and give him 1m a week. We cant compete with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Took a break from here the weekend of the Chelsea match as I couldn’t let the dissecting of the match/team/manager/tactics take away from Cork City’s historic double. Nice to have some good news re Rojo Pogba and Ibra!

What’s the story with Greizman? He’s off to Barca now is it?? Where’d the news come from?

• Advertisement

I don't have a problem or feel triumphant about anything, I posted a link, I never said it was fact/rumor or anything else I just posted a link, you dismissed it sarcastically with silly logic, I replied as have you but you seem to becoming heated about it. I don't really know why but whatever, i don't care.

As for the press backing off? It looks closer to being confirmed soon more than anything..

https://twitter.com/albertlesan/status/931301360028528641

Look...do you want to maybe leave this? Agree to disagree or something, respectfully? Otherwise, I'll spend more time and page space telling you why I think you are wrong, then you will spend more time and page space telling me why you think I'm wrong. Rinse, repeat. I don't think we're going to be budged here to be honest.

Plus...I really don't want to be putting you in a position where you have to secretly hope that Griezmann does end up at Barca :)

Screenshot_20171118-085924.png

It's on ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rob Dawson (MEN) also saying Pogba and Rojo start. Herrera dropped for Fellaini.

Rob Dawson (MEN) also saying Pogba and Rojo start. Herrera dropped for Fellaini.

Hope we hammer them 6-0. Thread needs a bit of happiness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Can todays gave be seen on TV ? Thanks in advance.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

To be honest I hope they don’t. Both long term injuries I’d prefer to ease them back in rather than throw them straight back in. Rojo especially because if the nature of the injury. Pogbas injury seems to go on forever for what it was and he seems to have been training for at least a few weeks.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Can todays gave be seen on TV ? Thanks in advance.

BT Sports 1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

adox wrote: »
    To be honest I hope they don’t. Both long term injuries I’d prefer to ease them back in rather than throw them straight back in. Rojo especially because if the nature of the injury. Pogbas injury seems to go on forever for what it was and he seems to have been training for at least a few weeks.

As LVG used say they need to slowly build up their match rhythm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Rojo getting fit would give me a bit more confidence with a back 3. Rojo slots straight in left side of the three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

adox wrote: »

I think the reason Pogba has been so long recovering is so that they are sure he is over it and he can go straight back into the starting line up.. Rojo came through an u23 match a couple of days ago, think it was 45 mins. with no Jones id say we will line up with a back 3.

Rashford--Lukaku

Pogba
    Young-Matic-Fellaini-Val
    Rojo-Smalling-Bailly
    DDG

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'm interested to see if Pogba could do well in that #10 role.

Hey anyone in Kilkenny any recommendations for a pub in the city to watch the match this evening? Or will they all be showing replays of hurling finals over the years???? :)

Hey anyone in Kilkenny any recommendations for a pub in the city to watch the match this evening? Or will they all be showing replays of hurling finals over the years???? :)

Last time I was down there we were in The Field and it was showing the footy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

astradave wrote: »
    Last time I was down there we were in The Field and it was showing the footy..

He's asking for pubs though, could rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Kyrelers in on Kieran Street, Left Bank near the castle or Langston’s on John street. Problem is nearly everywhere will be showing the rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm interested to see if Pogba could do well in that #10 role.

He hasn't thus far.
    I don't think he needs to be a #10 but he should have the least defensive responsibility of the a midfield 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

Footy headlines are usually spot on so I'd def expect the away to be pink

https://twitter.com/hendocfc/status/931132455905628160

Jaysus. Thats shocking

Won’t be the away, will be the third kit.. it’s too close to Red for it to be the away, I’d expect a white or black to be the away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

xtal191 wrote: »

That's a very tenuous connection if true!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Arsenal two up against Spurs at half time"

Be nice if Spurs lost and we could get a bit of space between us and them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Would ye be happy with Danny Rose signed in January?
    Apprently he was dropped from squad today after not being happy only named on bench.

Its looking more and more likely Shaw is finished at the club so the sooner LB is sorted the better.

Spurs would no doubt want a fortune for him.

xtal191 wrote: »

Would have no problem with a pink 3rd shirt.Juve did a decent one a few years back.

Hello folks

Match day :)

Needs a match thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Lads any idea when the fixture for Feb will be confirmed? Looking to take a trip over for the 3rd of Feb for the Huddersfield game.

yabadabado wrote: »
    Apprently he was dropped from squad today after not being happy only named on bench.

Its looking more and more likely Shaw is finished at the club so the sooner LB is sorted the better.

A bit of a diva if you ask me... ain't his injury record a bit suspect too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

the playwright on high st/kieran st great spot and all drinks €3.50 until 10.30pm

yabadabado wrote: »

I’d take him. While he wouldn’t be the first player I’d think of, we desperately need to fill that left back position. He’s a very good player. Up and down the pitch all day, decent defender and an attacking threat.

A bit of a diva if you ask me... ain't his injury record a bit suspect too.

I didnt think his injury record was bad.I know he had a leg break first season back from Sunderland and bad knee injury last seaon that hes only coming back from.
    Onther than that ok I think.

• Advertisement

That’s a shame. Always feel safer with him in the team despite a couple of recent underwhelming performances. He’s our best CB imo.

who is leaking all this info??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

He's starting to become a real sicknote. Never is too far away from a new injury. Thank god Rojo is coming back at the right time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lots of pressure now. Playing after comfortable wins for Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Liverpool.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Lots of pressure now. Playing after comfortable wins for Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Liverpool.

The only real surprise there is Arsenal winning and if anything that did us a favour.

Should be beating Newcastle at Old Trafford no matter what the circumstances so I don’t think it changes much to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

J. Marston wrote: »

no pressure at all really.

The only result that would have added a bit of pressure would have been a Leicester win

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

No excuses for not getting the win this evening

Fast start and keep the foot on the throttle

Won't make it out for the game now stuck in hotel without bt sport so I'll be counting on ye for your expert analysis...

#mufc team for today leaked: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Rojo, Young, Matic, Fellaini, Pogba, Lingard, Lukaku, Martial.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Hello folks

Match day :)

Needs a match thread!

Lets not do this for the trolls this week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

#mufc team for today leaked: De Gea, Valencia, Smalling, Rojo, Young, Matic, Fellaini, Pogba, Lingard, Lukaku, Martial.

wrong team

Hope you didn't actually believe that was the team :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

That centre half pairing doesn't look great. Looking forward to seeing how Martial and Rashford get on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

ive been waiting for Mata at 10 take yer chance lad

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement