Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Love that little faint from Lukaku before absolutely burying it.

He’s been good today apart from the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Normal service resumed, 4 goals scored...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Dont even think he was that bad I mean he slipped. the goal just looked shocking as where the **** was everyone else.

I don’t blame him for it tbh, think it’s more on the players failing to chase the runners

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Can't believe Zlatan is back this early. He is a freak of nature!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

How great is it to see him back on the pitch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Zlatan is simply a machine.

For any player to come back that quickly from that kind of injury is unreal, for a 36 year old it's positively freakish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,169 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Pogba marked his return. Now its Zlats time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Mata has covered the most ground today apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

BKtje wrote: »

Jose will like that.

Great performance and it's great to come back from a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Luxury player

#hugsforjuan

• Advertisement

Some tackle by Lindelof there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Put in a great shift today. Quality player to have

Sexy Pogba
    Yea

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Very happy with that.

Weren't at the races for the first 25 minutes, and then Pogba's cross for Martial woke everyone up. Amazing what a bit of confidence can do.

Even when they scored, I was 100% confident we were gonna thrash them. Pogba with a great return, Martial and Lukaku with very good games. Great to see Ibra back too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

astradave wrote: »
    I don’t blame him for it tbh, think it’s more on the players failing to chase the runners

Smalling caught out, Valencia slow on the cover and nobody tracking the runners. There were 3 players running in onto the ball. Can't blame Lindelof there. He looked solid enough today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

And one other thing...

People will try to down play that with "Oh sure, they do it against small teams, etc etc."

Nah, **** off. If we destroy 14 of the 20 teams like that this year, it's a massive step up from previous years, and is the foundation that is needed to go on for title challanges. Even last year, when we went 1-0 down, we'd have been nervous. The improvement is very welcome.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Very happy with that.

Weren't at the races for the first 25 minutes, and then Pogba's cross for Martial woke everyone up. Amazing what a bit of confidence can do.

Even when they scored, I was 100% confident we were gonna thrash them. Pogba with a great return, Martial and Lukaku with very good games. Great to see Ibra back too.

I’d add that the back 5(including DDG) where very solid when they settled down after that first 25

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Pogba is back and we started playing good football. That's surprising. It's so obvious what we missed when he showed his quality today. Had superb game.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Pogba is back and we started playing good football. That's surprising. It's so obvious what we missed when he showed his quality today. Had superb game.

Tries stuff others wouldn't even think of. A real creative force.

Giggsy11 wrote: »

No one ever said he wouldn’t make a difference but it’s not as simple as above. We were impotent for the first half hour and wide open with the formation.

The Pogba out and we are brutal - Pogba in and we are great, is simplistic in the extreme.

He’s a quality player and always going to hugely increase the chances of making a difference but the point still remains that he needs to be fitted into the team properly and have the right team around him to get the best out of him and the team.

Utd won’t win the league with Pogba part of a midfield two long term.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

happy with that.

Pogba was fantastic

Delighted to see Smalling getting so much game time after the clamber to have him sold so many times.

Also thought Matic had another fantastic game today. Earlier I called Pogba a Ferrari. Well Matic is a Rolls Royce of a player.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    And one other thing...

People will try to down play that with "Oh sure, they do it against small teams, etc etc."

Nah, **** off. If we destroy 14 of the 20 teams like that this year, it's a massive step up from previous years, and is the foundation that is needed to go on for title challanges. Even last year, when we went 1-0 down, we'd have been nervous. The improvement is very welcome.

We were pretty poor for the first half hour and created very little. I was delighted to see us pick it up and create chance after chance after that. That took hard work and application and a bit of mental resolve. Something we have questioned this team about in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Anyone notice Martials smile when he was coming off for Ibra? Great to see some emotion from him

Post match interview. Zlatan is the man.

https://youtu.be/bfESl8Uq2qI

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

adox wrote: »
    No one ever said he wouldn’t make a difference but it’s not as simple as above. We were impotent for the first half hour and wide open with the formation.

The Pogba out and we are brutal - Pogba in and we are great, is simplistic in the extreme.

He’s a quality player and always going to hugely increase the chances of making a difference but the point still remains that he needs to be fitted into the team properly and have the right team around him to get the best out of him and the team.

That's true for any player, including Xavi or Zidane.

Pogba brings qualities that no other player in our squad brings and it wasn't by coincidence we struggled to play good football without Pogba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Don't want to go back over old ground but it may not be as simple as one player in every game but if you can't see how much pogba brings to our midfield I don't believe your looking at it with an open mind.

In another team with more creative force pogba may not matter as much but in United midfield he is the battery for the clock it's as simple as that to me and until we sign another one or two players if that ilk we will suffer when pogba is missing or pogba has a poor game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭billyhead

I can see Ibra coming out of international retirement. The WC would be a poorer spectacle without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Fairly poor form from a few lads here to pin the blame for Newcastle's first goal on Lindelof. The fella slipped, something that cannot be legislated for. There were at least a couple of other players far more culpable. It justs seems lads have their minds made up on him already and relish any opportunity to knock him, deapite having limited game time in the PL so far.

In reality, he was solid besides the first 25 mins (the whole team started lethargic), and I have a feeling his ball-playing ability will be a huge asset when breaking the lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Fairly poor form from a few lads here to pin the blame for Newcastle's first goal on Lindelof. The fella slipped, something that cannot be legislated for.

yup regardless of the slip he had 4 unmarked players around him and it was smalling's side.

WTF was smalling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Reading all the media outlets made it sound like it was a mistake worse than at Huddersfield. After reading here and seeing the goal it was good too see they were just being hyper critical of the lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I have no real problem with Lindelof and don't think he should be jettisoned the way some people seem to think, but come on, he fell on his arse in the penalty box during an attack, thats not good enough.

People will say a slip can happen at any time but here's the thing, it doesn't happen at any time, you do not see top level defenders falling on their arse very often at all.

Get your feet right, get your positioning right and it doesn't happen. It was a mistake, it didn't matter much in the end but it shouldn't be ignored either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

limnam wrote:
    yup regardless of the slip he had 4 unmarked players around him and it was smalling's side.

WTF was smalling?

Smalling was in left back position covering for young
    But magic and Polka weren't getting back enough to help
    Effectively four on two once Smalling was beaten

I have no real problem with Lindelof and don't think he should be jettisoned the way some people seem to think, but come on, he fell on his arse in the penalty box during an attack, thats not good enough.

People will say a slip can happen at any time but here's the thing, it doesn't happen at any time, you do not see top level defenders falling on their arse very often at all.

Get your feet right, get your positioning right and it doesn't happen. It was a mistake, it didn't matter much in the end but it shouldn't be ignored either.

He was running trying to cover for Smalling and slipped trying to turn back to cut out the ball across. I'd blame Smalling more than him as he got caught completely out of position.The focus was more on Lindelof due to his slip but he was trying to cover 2 positions at once.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Would we be leading the pack if Pogba was around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Would we be leading the pack if Pogba was around?

No maybe a few more points on tbe board .He would have made a difference v Huddersfield for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

yabadabado wrote: »
    No maybe a few more points on tbe board .He would have made a difference v Huddersfield for sure.

I think the same, maybe 3 or 4 points better off at most

Hococop wrote: »
    I think the same, maybe 3 or 4 points better off at most

Two games that stood out for me were Huddersfield and stoke for sure.

Happens to the best of them

john_terry_1211989c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

27 goals for and 6 against, only City have scored more and no-one has conceded the same or less.

#joseball

#portugesepulis

#upthebus

limnam wrote: »
    Happens to the best of them

john_terry_1211989c.jpg

Sure does..

Screen-_Shot-2014-04-27-at-152641.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

jayo26 wrote: »
    Two games that stood out for me were Huddersfield and stoke for sure.

He played against Stoke .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Just watching MOTD. Jesus Mike Dean is some flute lads.

yabadabado wrote: »
    He played against Stoke .

Hey he did sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Don’t know if it has being discussed here over last few days but I was absolutely disgusted to hear from interview with Mou that Phil Jones took 5 painkilling injections just before the international friendly on Wednesday night as he felt sore in the warmup.
    What kind of a dope is Jones!!!
    He has himself crocked again now just when Utd are coming up to the busy Christmas period of matches and we need a fit squad.

If I was the club heirarchy I would consider fining him a weeks wages for showing such disregard for his fitness to play in a bloody friendly.

jayo26 wrote: »
    but if you can't see how much pogba brings to our midfield I don't believe your looking at it with an open mind.

Ah now don’t be making stuff up about me. That reads as increadibly patronizing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

mewe wrote: »
    Just watching MOTD. Jesus Mike Dean is some flute lads.

Bigger than the flute in charge of City vs Leicester?

https://streamable.com/peqde

Such a coward.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Bigger than the flute in charge of City vs Leicester?

https://streamable.com/peqde

Such a coward.

Such BS.

Lei a goal up against 10 men, different game.

what a clown.

Ah now don’t be making stuff up about me. That reads as increadibly patronizing.

I highly disagree with you adox on this one(as in Pogbas impact). The difference Pogba brings to the team is night and day
    And it ends up taking off the stress and focus put on rashford and martial

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement