Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Colours to the mast so Bangkok? Who will we be signing? In this window or the summer window?

I dont think we will move away from no 10 and any quality players that are available we should be interested in them regardless of position. Formations should and will be flexible depending on the game. No 2 games are alike. Dybala would be a fantastic signing if he came but i still think griezmann is the no1 target.

I reckon both will move next summer, Dybala to barca, griezemann to utd

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I feel if we were going to move away from the #10, we'd have seen more signs of that by now tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    If we are going away from a no10 in the team as some think we will, we wont be signing either ozil or dybala.

Dybala isn’t a no10 as such, more a second striker who can play up top on his own and on either wing.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I feel if we were going to move away from the #10, we'd have seen more signs of that by now tbh.

I personally don’t think we play a no10 myself, I think the position that we play is more an 8.5.

astradave wrote: »
    Dybala isn’t a no10 as such, more a second striker who can play up top on his own and on either wing.

I would say he is probably one of the best no10's in the world right now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭xtal191

Give me Dybala over Griezmann everyday, Griezmann has looked awful any time I've seen him this season.

xtal191 wrote: »
    Give me Dybala over Griezmann everyday, Griezmann has looked awful any time I've seen him this season.

Hard to judge, athletico having a poor season, new stadium, transfer ban etc. Griezmann would flourish at united playing with better players

I would say he is probably one of the best no10's in the world right now

He’s not a no10.. he’s a second striker. Plays just off Higuian

He’s not a no10.. he’s a second striker. Plays just off Higuian

Any player that plays in the hole behind the striker is the classic no10. Call it 2nd striker or attacking midfielder or whatever but it is the no 10 position

• Advertisement

Any player that plays in the hole behind the striker is the classic no10. Call it 2nd striker or attacking midfielder or whatever but it is the no 10 position

I respectfully disagree and I’ll leave it at that.

delighted to see Smalling hit back at Southgate over his public comments

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/smalling-'surprised'-by-southgate/126399

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Manchester United shares are doing well.
    So far this year up 45%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I want a signing in January who will excite, a player with some flair. Get the scouts out to Brazil for the next month turning over rocks.

On a side note how on earth did City buy Gabriel Jesus so easily, he’d fetch 200 million in this market.

I want a signing in January who will excite, a player with some flair. Get the scouts out to Brazil for the next month turning over rocks.

On a side note how on earth did City buy Gabriel Jesus so easily, he’d fetch 200 million in this market.

Gabriel Jesus, leroy sane and mohammad salah were 3 bargain signings. We should have been in for all 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭caviardreams

xtal191 wrote: »

Definitely would love Dybala (and have to agree re Griezeman this season, I know Athleti are having a bad season but he has not been able to turn things around for them on enough occasions like a player of the price tag should be doing imo - can totally accept it is just a bad patch for him though, he is a class player for sure)

• Advertisement

Gabriel Jesus, leroy sane and mohammad salah were 3 bargain signings. We should have been in for all 3

How do you know we weren't?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I respectfully disagree and I’ll leave it at that.

It's semantics really. 10 is just a position. If you are talking role definition, it can be second striker or trequartista/advanced playmaker or whatever.

I mean when you talk about a no.10 maybe 15 years ago, you would think more of a second striker automatically because they were more popular back then the likes of Cole, Sheringham, even Rooney when RVP was playing. Second strikers are less popular these days so people tend to assume the 10 is automatically a playmaker.

10 is just a position that occupies the pocket behind the 9. How they play defines the actual role

Lord TSC wrote: »
    How do you know we weren't?

highly doubt we were in for salah as he went to liverpool, would have been an easy capture if we wanted him.

Gabriel Jesus said Pep was the only manager to call him and talk to him personally, we may have been interested but he is not a mourinho type player so doubt we were

sane was def scouted by the club, but we made no official bid and Pep made him one of their prime targets.

of all of them sane was def the one we should have signed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

highly doubt we were in for salah as he went to liverpool, would have been an easy capture if we wanted him.

Of course the PL top scorer would have gone back to play for the manager who wouldn't play him at Chelsea. Love it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Of course the PL top scorer would have gone back to play for the manager who wouldn't play him at Chelsea. Love it :D

Just to remind you this is not the views taken by the entire participant's of the United thread ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Is Ibrahimovic still expected to sign another deal at some point or this that looking dead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hey guys hope its okay but I'm running an Arsenal based weekley podcast but I have a friend and Manchester United fan on this week would appreciate some questions for him

jayo26 wrote: »
    Just to remind you this is not the views taken by the entire participant's of the United thread ;)

Ah sure I know that but you can't look a gift.................

Bangkok is to Man U what Trump is to the GOP ;)

just like Lukaku did...

Hey guys hope its okay but I'm running an Arsenal based weekley podcast but I have a friend and Manchester United fan on this week would appreciate some questions for him

Depends, does he go by the name "Bangkok" from time to time or not? That will dictate the direction of your interview quite a bit.

Not, back to the telly for me.

Bye.

:P

just like Lukaku did...

Not quite. One is an out and out striker and the other is a winger who is top PL scorer ;)

Now, laptop down. Telly time.

Not quite. One is an out and out striker and the other is a winger who is top PL scorer ;)

you mean laptop down, im a celebrity, get me out of here time!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Top goal scorer at the moment but dont forget golden boot isnt won in November.Ya dont want to look foolish at the business end of tbe season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Lol :pac::pac::pac:

giphy_2.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anything good on?

Hahahahahahahahahaha

J. Marston wrote: »
    Anything good on?

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 (×3)

Oh dear :)

Liverpool thread that way
    >

Liverpool thread that way
    >

There is a really cool match thread too :):)

Monaco and Dortmund both out of the CL tonight. Making our path to winning it easier :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Another Crystalbul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Another Crystalbul

Cool post bro

• Advertisement

After our carry on last night we will surely lose tonight.

Eitherways hopefully we see a good performance and get some momentum going we need a few wins in a row before we play arsenal and city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Are we expecting a changed team tonight?

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ibra start and Rom rested.

I don't think it will be significantly weaker he probably still wants to win maybe the likes of Herrera and fellaini starts. I think it might be another sub appearance for zlatan no point pushing him too hard 30 mins at the end would surely be better then starting him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ibra baby faced assassin 2.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

I would like to see Luke Shaw on the bench tonight and if we are in a good position in game bring him on for last half hour.
    Loads of question marks over his attitude but you don’t turn from being the best left back in the league into a complete dud.
    If Utd intend selling him in January transfer window buying clubs will expect them see him playing mins before that.
    If we are going to persevere with him Jose needs to show some faith in him for getting back to full fitness by playing him a bit to see how he gets on.

Doubt ibra starts. Only back from a long injury. Another 20-25mins maybe.

Would like to see darmian shaw fellaini herrera mkhitarayan all start

• Advertisement

Seville manager apparently told his players at half time he had cancer!! Makes the comeback even more incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Seville manager apparently told his players at half time he had cancer!! Makes the comeback even more incredible

That must be the most bizarre motivational speeches ever given in sport....if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I would like to see Luke Shaw on the bench tonight and if we are in a good position in game bring him on for last half hour.
    Loads of question marks over his attitude but you don’t turn from being the best left back in the league into a complete dud.
    If Utd intend selling him in January transfer window buying clubs will expect them see him playing mins before that.
    If we are going to persevere with him Jose needs to show some faith in him for getting back to full fitness by playing him a bit to see how he gets on.

Jose could have given him 20-30 mins on Saturday .3-1 and looking comfortable after 55 minutes.
    I think hes finished at United now and sooner its sorted out the better.

Listening to jose talking about the english players and the world cup he doesn't sound like a man that has anything but United on his mind for the future.

He commented on the players coming back after the world cup and saying he won't have them if England reach the world cup final and also said of course he wishes England luck as it's the country he hopes to hopes or expects to be living in for many years to come.

That must be the most bizarre motivational speeches ever given in sport....if true.

He has prostate cancer, club havent released any statement yet. Remarkable that the players did what they did after hearing the news

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement