Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

bangkok wrote: »
    He has prostate cancer, club havent released any statement yet. Remarkable that the players did what they did after hearing the news

Sevilla released a statement 2 hours ago confirming it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I would like to see us finally get rid of Luke Shaw - All goodwill is gone now at this stage. Every manager at united has questioned his attitude they can't all be wrong.

Let draw a line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,346 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I would like to see us finally get rid of Luke Shaw - All goodwill is gone now at this stage. Every manager at united has questioned his attitude they can't all be wrong.

Let draw a line.

Well there has only been two managers for him at United, and while LVG questioned him the first summer/season he was very high on him in the second season until the injury "This will/was going to be the season of Luke Shaw".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Gabriel Jesus, leroy sane and mohammad salah were 3 bargain signings. We should have been in for all 3

You can add Mane to that list too . As much as people love Martial and Rashford, Salah and Mane are a class above them and so they should be being 4 years older but the belief some people have that our two are better currently is false.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    You can add Mane to that list too . As much as people love Martial and Rashford, Salah and Mane are a class above them and so they should be being 4 years older but the belief some people have that our two are better currently is false.

I'd still have Rashford and Martial, havent been this excited to see how two of our young players develop over the years for a long time. Both Rashford and Martial have better goals/assists over Mane also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Still, it'd be hard to develop new young talent at the club if you keep on buying in the next big new thing. If Rashford and Martial keep on their current trajectory, they'll be huge players for us in the years ahead.
    We have a good history of bringing through tough talent. Would hate to see that forfeited for instant success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

But in 4 years going by there current development both rashford and martial will be better than both of them. Rashford at 18 was a class player in the utd team. Where were salah and mane at same age?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Different systems

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

See their fans were causing bit of trouble in stands too tut tut. Best in the world.

anyway was happy see us back to scoring ways over weekend. Pogba back is at good time.

We best start an match thread lads, before the match starts ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

See their fans were causing bit of trouble in stands too tut tut. Best in the world.

anyway was happy see us back to scoring ways over weekend. Pogba back is at good time.

It was the police fault....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

jayo26 wrote: »
    It was the police fault....

ah twas, twas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Somebody must have dropped a Euro. :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    We best start an match thread lads, before the match starts ;)

Ask and you shall receive.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105345133#post105345133

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbzbVfzl5PN/

4 players nominated for uefa toty. Don't think any of them deserve to be in the toty but it's nice to see them been recognised donno how miki got there tho.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

jayo26 wrote: »
    4 players nominated for uefa toty. Don't think any of them deserve to be in the toty but it's nice to see them been recognised donno how miki got there tho.

Scored 6 goals in the EL including one in the final.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Scored 6 goals in the EL including one in the final.

If it's based on the El though, how did DDG get in when he never played :confused:

Is this Liverpool in Seville?

Objectively, it sounds like their fans were treated like shíte by Spanish police from the minute they showed up at the ground, just for showing up. There are quite a few accounts from fans online. Really sounds like it wasn't just a pack of LFC hooligans who brought it on themselves.

Not just standing up for them btw and I know where the LFC thread is, but I could see this happening to traveling United fans, some of us in here, just as easily. There were reports of heavy-handed treatment of Bayern fans in Madrid last year before a match. Spanish police haven't the best reputation with traveling football fans at the moment.

And yes Kew, great time to get Pogback.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If it's based on the El though, how did DDG get in when he never played :confused:

That is exactly what I was thinking. If six goals is enough to get you recognised holy fuk.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

Nah, its his 4 games in the CL and the Super Cup that gets DDG in.

To be honest it will just be 'popular names to have played in Europe over the last 12 months'.

Utterly meaningless

Lol

Swap deal for verratti and we will sell him

Lol

Last time someone tried to buy Veratti, they went and nabbed Neymar. Maybe this Fellaini move is similar retaliation.

jokes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Lol

Unfortunately we wouldn't have much say in the matter.

Besiktas, Galatasaray, Fenerbahce...PSG??

Be interesting to see where Fellaini actually does end up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

yabadabado wrote: »
    I would like to see Luke Shaw on the bench tonight and if we are in a good position in game bring him on for last half hour.
    Loads of question marks over his attitude but you don’t turn from being the best left back in the league into a complete dud.
    If Utd intend selling him in January transfer window buying clubs will expect them see him playing mins before that.
    If we are going to persevere with him Jose needs to show some faith in him for getting back to full fitness by playing him a bit to see how he gets on.

Jose could have given him 20-30 mins on Saturday .3-1 and looking comfortable after 55 minutes.
    I think hes finished at United now and sooner its sorted out the better.

Agree wholeheartedly that he should have got minutes last game but that my point essentially....if Utd plan to get rid of him at Xmas and possibly get a replacement in they need to give him some playing time between now and then to show prospective buying clubs that he is relatively match fit for the 2nd half of the season.
    Quite literally if he plays a bit between now and Christmas his transfer value grows exponentially with the time he has played.
    On other hand if he still has a future at the club Jose needs to start giving him some playing time to re integrate him into the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

He's been kept on the side lines for the past few weeks when there's been valid reasons to play him. Can't see José changing his tune as we approach the new year.

Anyway, an excerpt from AGs book
    I haven't made that decision. It all depends on various factors. I have nothing against England except for the weather

:(
    I haven't made that decision. It all depends on various factors. ... Manchester United is a possibility.

:)

Miki missing from squad hmmmm

IMG_20171122_184950.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Would of liked to see one or two youth players starting tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Delighted to see Rojo start. Hopefully he can regain the great form before the injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Captain Pog :D

Captain Pog :D

Hopefully he gets on better then the last time he was captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

S.M.B. wrote: »
    He's been kept on the side lines for the past few weeks when there's been valid reasons to play him. Can't see José changing his tune as we approach the new year.

Anyway, an excerpt from AGs book

:(

:)

AG is Griezmann? His coy bullshít grew old a year ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Is the match on TV tonight guys?

Jose had to deny there was a rift with mkhitarayan

Jose had to deny there was a rift with mkhitarayan

Where is the rift coming from

He's playing **** and is rightly dropped

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Is the match on TV tonight guys?

BT Sports 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

No Mkhitaryan or Mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Where is the rift coming from

He's playing **** and is rightly dropped

Because he arrived to training early and was pictured sitting on his own on a bench and the media played the picture up

wtf

James Richardson is on BT Sport
    How did I not know this
    Class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

To play devils advocate, Blind also needs gametime so its not a massive surprise to see him play tonight ahead of Shaw.

On the other hand, Rojo coming back into the team after such an extended injury really puts into sharp focus how little impact Shaw must be making behind the scenes. Forget match fitness, if he was working hard in training and pushing for his place then he would get an opportunity, same as Rojo and everybody else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Thought id missed the first half when i saw the match thread up.

Hopefully a comfortable win with no injuries.

Great to see Rocko back.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'll have a glance over the match thread later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wonder how Pogba creates these handshakes, does he do somthing like writes them up and practises them until he's prepared to roll it out lol

I'm only going into the match thread if were 3 up I'm not taking any chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Interesting that not for the first time Jose has given people what they wanted to see, Mata and Miki out and Pogba playing as the "number 10" of a midfield 3...

Interesting that not for the first time Jose has given people what they wanted to see, Mata and Miki out and Pogba playing as the "number 10" of a midfield 3...

Really?

Noooooooo I think he is better coming from deep with matic beside him.

Jose reads boards?????

Hi Jose :D I can play left back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Pogba ain't playing 10 as far as I understand that role

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement